• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Checking in!

I've lost 4 pounds since I've been in Africa. I am hoping that this is due to the weather changes and my needing to adjust my sleep, diet, etc. I do things as I see fit, and although it isn't structured, Here's about what Ive been doing:
- 15 minute yoga dvd once a week
- Cross fit twice a week
- Running twice a week
- Play sports as I can

I'm hoping to bump it up to something more routine-like. 15 minute yoga (its basically just stretching) before all activities, cross fit twice a week, run twice a week, workout DVD twice a week, and yoga twice a week.

i made dumbbells for my room out of gatorade bottles and rocks.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
So far meeting or exceeding goals for the past weeks. Trying to work harder on the diet portion though. Did anyone want to restart the Exercise thread/Challenge?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far meeting or exceeding goals for the past weeks. Trying to work harder on the diet portion though. Did anyone want to restart the Exercise thread/Challenge?

That sounds like a good idea.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about a major restart on May 1? that gives everyone plenty of time to get ready.

V

violaine

Yeah, I'd love that. My life has settled down a lot now, I can be better at logging progress.

I wasn't logging my progress in the last challenge, so I was de-greened...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'd go with it. I had to drop out, but I've actually made it back on the wagon and have been on it for months. I think I've got more muscle, and am ever so slightly leaner. But apparantly I'm at that place where I'm not going to get anywhere without more committed diet plan.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'd love that. My life has settled down a lot now, I can be better at logging progress.

I wasn't logging my progress in the last challenge, so I was de-greened...

I... don't know what that means.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good month of increases. Maxes are now 255/305/305 for bench/squat/deadlift. I've noticed bench presses progress a lot slower than my other lifts and the "weakness" during the lift is not typically chest weakness, but the supporting muscles give out. Shoulder gets weak, triceps get weak, elbows CRACK [wtf? Hate my joints] and while my chest is always sore it never feels like it takes the full brunt of the workout. While with squat and deadlift, always feel it in the right places and the lift never feels stressful on joints, just difficult in the muscle groups. I've had my form looked at by others and they tell me I'm good, I just have "long arms." So I've been focusing on endurance and strength a bit more with bench presses, more reps with lighter weights, in between my days when I try to progress. Did 100 @ 135 in just over 10 minutes, trying to speed that up a bit. Not sure if that's going to help but we'll see.

More reps with lighter weights is not the key to building muscle. That will only maintain muscle tone. And feeling sore is not an indication of progress, nor is it a relevant goal. Doing the same number of reps while lifting heavier weights is a good way to measure progress. But keep the rep count below 15. If you find yourself going above 15, then increase the weight slightly.

The chest is involved in benches but that is not the focus of the exercise. For pecs use overhead flies with dumbbells. This can best be done on a bench. When doing these don't bend the elbows while moving the arms toward each other, and don't crash the weights together at the top. You can bend the elbows a little toward the end of your reps just to get a little bit more out of the workout. When doing these flies you will get a great feeling that you are getting the most you can out of the upper pec area.

Last edited:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm glad to say that I have been exercising once a week on Saturdays.
It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing... which is what I *was* doing before.

Greetings to all! :hi:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm glad to say that I have been exercising once a week on Saturdays.
It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing... which is what I *was* doing before.

Greetings to all! :hi:

Yup, definitely a step in the right direction. Question is: Is there a second day you can exercise now? :)

Oh, and :hi:. Hope all is well.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I need to hulk out, I swear.
I love my zumba, but it's been feeling compromised for a while, considering the two girls I like the least being there all of the time, and the tension between my instructors causing them to take different classes on (and I prefer the male instructor's class).

Since Spring I've been debating if I should rejoin my old gym, or just join a cheaper one. Through my constant debating, I joined no gyms at all! This cannot do.
Deciding to rejoin the gym I love, and that has more zumba instructors with a chilled out atmosphere. I'll do my main instructor's 1-2 classes, but beyond that it is stowing away. Maybe doing some pilates and yoga to calm my soul. :D Excited!

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel fat, hate rice, hate my body, want to go back to gym asap.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hi UDog! :hi:
smarty-pants :newwink:
ummm... not ready to commit to a second day...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi UDog! :hi:
smarty-pants :newwink:
ummm... not ready to commit to a second day...

:D

In that case, 1x a week will do! Hm... perhaps instead of making it a full workout though, maybe make the 2nd day a 5-10 minute walk?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Belated apology to whom it may concern: I ended up not being around at all for quite some time after someone very close to me died and I ended up moving because of it. I had to take care of a family member's estate and make arrangements while in uni and working full time. Though my absence might not have been mattered otherwise, there were certain things I was responsible for in this forum particularly. Apologies for going AWOL. Can't really say much more than that.

Hope everyone is doing well.