• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Totally hit the trails today, tomorrow is gym day. ;) wish me luck!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm throwing in the towel; take my green name. Actually, I'm doing my moderately chosen workouts and equivalents. I just got to this point where having to blog my workout made me not want to do one, so instead I do them and not blog. Yes, that neurosis is on my list of things to fix. But until then, I need to work out more.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Week's Summary for Mon 9/26 - Sun 10/2

Mon 9/26 Home Workout
1000 rope jumps
40 stair lifts, ea leg
40 wall squats

5 rounds: 5 chest/chin to bench pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips
Completed the 5 rounds in 9:55.

Tues 9/27 6am CrossFit class
WOD:
3 rounds with decreasing reps of each exercise: 21-15-9, total 45 reps each exercise
thrusters (55 lb)
lateral burpees
completed the three rounds in 14:38

Wed 9/28 Home Workout
1000 rope jumps
25 stair lifts each leg
20 wall squats

Thurs 9/29 6 am CrossFit class
pre-workout training: max weight push press - 5 reps, 3 reps, 1 rep
I did: 5 reps @ 55 lb, 3 @ 60 lb, 1 @ 65 lb

WOD - 3 rounds for time:
500 m row (total 1500 m)
12 push press (50 lb, total 36 reps)
15 GHD situps (total 45 situps)
Completed the 3 rounds in 14:38.

Fri 9/30 Home Workout
20 wall squats
20 stair lifts each leg

5 rounds: 15 pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips
Completed the 5 rounds in 10:15.

Sat 10/1 CrossFit Class
WOD: 5 rounds, 2 exercises, each round max reps you can do without taking a break:
bench press (I used 55 lb)
pull-ups (I used the medium band)
reps completed in each of the 5 rounds: 24 bench press/ 30 pull-ups; 10/20; 12/16; 12/20; 8/12

(My arms and shoulders are still stiff from Sat....)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
20 minutes of warm up (ran a bit more than a mile, walked for about 3 minutes before and 3 minutes after) followed by pull-downs, shoulder presses, chest presses, skullcrushers, 21s, and planking on a stabilization ball. After that, 80 sit-ups without stopping, followed by 40 crunches in different positions and 40 leg raises in different positions. Finished it with some box jumps at a low height. I didnt count them.

I dare to do push-ups and lunges tomorrow on the trails.

I was trying to figure out the cross fit site @_@ but it seems so confusing.. the exercise they posted for today was so.... dangerous. :laugh: So I just made it up and jumped on available machines until my arms hated me. Maybe tomorrow they'll post one that seems a bit better. "Snatching" is just too much for me right now. :c I wish they had a "beginners" section.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
update for last week:

weekly exercise: check (also 1 soccer started)
weekly cooking meal: I don't think I did, since I think the last meal was for the previous week.
daily water: doing a bad job of tracking but I think I did 6/7
greens: also a bad job of tracking. I think 6/7 but that's a little dicey, I think it might be more like 5, possibly even 4. I'll let it slide for this week.

So I guess one diet cheat day (I dunno if diet/exercise are supposed to share cheat days, but to me it makes more sense to keep them separate).

Since it's Oct now, my goals are a little tougher for the current week (not last week). I'm already having trouble keeping them though, so I dunno how this will go. Nov is going to be a rough month work-wise so I'll probably be using some cheat days then.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Tuesday 9-27
More legs.

Thursday 9-29
Chest and Back. Drop sets [5, 10, 15 reps; 135, 105, 75 lbs] both incline and flat bench, drop sets of lat pulldowns and rows.

Saturday 10-1
Abs and core. Toes to rings 50 reps, situps with ab mat, weighted crunches.

Monday 10-3
Arms. Drop sets [5, 10, 15 reps; 85, 65, 45 lbs] curls [one set of curls @ 95, 75, 55 lbs], shoulder raises, skullcrushers. Finished with 50 knees to elbows.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tuesday 9-27
More legs.

Thursday 9-29
Chest and Back. Drop sets [5, 10, 15 reps; 135, 105, 75 lbs] both incline and flat bench, drop sets of lat pulldowns and rows.

Saturday 10-1
Abs and core. Toes to rings 50 reps, situps with ab mat, weighted crunches.

Monday 10-3
Arms. Drop sets [5, 10, 15 reps; 85, 65, 45 lbs] curls [one set of curls @ 95, 75, 55 lbs], shoulder raises, skullcrushers. Finished with 50 knees to elbows.

I was all "95 lbs. dumbbell curls?!?"

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
wed / sep28 - yoga60min / rowing 30min
thur / sep29 yoga90min
fri / sep30 - run 30min / rowing 30min
sun / oct2 - circuits-pyramid sets 60min / reformer 45min
mon / oct3 - run30min / rowing 30min
tue / oct 4 - rowing 30min / swimming 45min

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe next time!

There's a guy at this gym who can curl the 100 lb dumbells, but he's some sort of Viking monster, definitely not a human being.

Must be [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION].

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Mon 10/3 Quick Home Wakeup Workout

30 stair lifts each leg
20 wall squats
1000 rope jumps

Tues 10/4 CrossFit class

max # rounds possible in 20 min of:
5 push-ups
10 front squats (I used 65 lb)
50 m sprint

I completed 9 rounds, plus 5 push-ups and 10 squats. (I was pushing myself hard and going fast until the 7th round when I got a migraine during the squats, so I slowed way down after that. It was partly from pushing myself hard, and partly cuz I only had 5 hrs sleep last night.)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Preparing for my trip was more important than exercising, apparently, so 2 cheats for me. Tennis and two walks were my exercise. I have no idea how many cheats I have left, but I'm definitely digging myself a hole. I mean, setting up a challenge. ;-)

I'll be out of the country, and returning on the 20th. So for the next 3 weeks I'll be aiming for 3x a week exercising. Just enough so I don't forget. I don't know if I'll be able to post while I'm away, so I'll just post my 3 week report when I return if that's okay.

See everyone later!

V

violaine

I've been away from the internets but I'm on track with the challenge. Been walking like crazy.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Incase I didn't post it, I went running the day before yesterday and tried different types of push-ups at each bench on the way back. Yesterday was a break day. Today it is gym day again. <3

Edit: Gym rocked my socks off. I'll have to run earlier tomorrow before I go into work.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Thurs 10/6 6am CrossFit class

WOD - 5 rounds for time:

5 back squats (75 lb)
400 m run

Completed the 5 rounds in 15:02.

With only 5 reps of back squats each round, I normally should have used something more like 95 or 105 lb. I find back squats the easiest of the squats. Last time we did back squats with more reps than that, I used 95 lb. However, my quads are still pretty stiff from Tuesday's front squats (total 100 reps! @65 lb), so I was weak at the bottom of the squat. I was going to try 85 lb, but the trainer recommended 75 lb because she saw me struggle with it at the bottom of the squat in warm-up. Good choice for today, but disappointing because I feel like I wasted an opp to try a heavier weight.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, I'm amping it up today! 50 sit ups
3 hours of walking. At least.
Pilates.

Oh, and healthy eating.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercises on Wednesday, but didn't on Saturday, so I will have to use one cheat.