• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 cheat use this week. I'm on vacation, but my goal was 4x and I only did 3.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Note to self: Make sure to post workout news in the right section.

Last week is done with an extra workout.

This week so far is 1/3 completed.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I did this past week's.

I think I st my goals too low. Maybe I should bump them up a day or two.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I guess that means a cheat day for [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION], too? :biggrin:

Her goals seem to be sweating and bending in interesting positions, so she actually does not have to use a cheat day. Girls and their easy goals. :dont:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday was arms. Hammer curls, shoulder presses, tricep kickbacks; 10-7 reps @35lbs, 6-4 reps @ 40 lbs, 3-1 @ 45 lbs. Followed by getting owned in tug of war. 55 knees to elbows. Then I stuffed my face at Grammy's house for dinner. It was fantastic.

gromit

likes this
I am doing terrible at my goals. I hate doing abs. I am having a hard time motivating myself... ughhhhhhh...

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Yesterday (Mon):

Basic Home Session

5 rounds, each round:
15 pushups from knees (concentrate on form)
20 "back-ups"
20 sit-ups
10 chair dips

Finished the 5 rounds in 9:08. (I'm also worried about my form with the chair dips, so am considering how to deal with that.)

This morning's 6 am CrossFit:

10 rounds, each round 1 rep less than the previous, so 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of each exercise per round:
2 for 1 wall balls (I used a 6 lb ball)
apparatus sit-ups
box jumps (20" box)

The wall balls were meant to be light, because 2 for 1 means an extra squat while the ball is in the air, so you need to throw it higher than usual.

Time to complete the 10 rounds; 15:38.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
thurs / sep 15 - 45min yoga / 45min trx
fri / sep 16 - 90min yoga
sat / sep 17 - 45 pilates floorwork
mon / sep 19 - 45min yoga
tues / sep 20 - 45min yoga / 45min trx
wed / sep 21 - 60min yoga + running 5km

i'll update the rest of this week... next week...
if that makes sense.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been bad and not posting.

I have been keeping up dutifully though. My schedule comprises now of:

At least 30 sit ups
Meditation (I meditate like every day now. I am upping it up to 3 times at least a week.
10 push ups at least
30 min of walking/yoga

Also: stretches (trying to improve flexibility).

So that has been my schedule for 2 weeks. I can't really do dance right now, so that is off and replaced by yoga. Much of my walking is done with cleaning. I've been cleaning a ton. And eating salad!

Best salad ever: cantaloupe over greens with honey mustard dressing. It was amazing.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Okay so started Tuesday, walked to and from work, 6km round trip.

1hr Yoga today.

Gym tomorrow morning, and walking to work tomorrow again as well.

Slow and steady to start with.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wrote a depressing post filled with whining and excuses a few days ago and didn't post it. Needless to say I had a bad week last week and failed my weekly exercise AND diet goals (I was sick, but only for the end of the week so no excuse). I did well on my daily diet goals other than not eating much at all let alone green stuff while I was sick.

Today I did a p90x so I'm back on track finally after 2 weeks. Still need to do my weekly diet goal, keeping on track with the daily goals so far this week.

Next week 2/3 sports start (the other one starts the week after) so it'll be a bit more challenging to work in the p90x, but that still leaves 4-5 days to slot it in.

For Oct1 I'm going to modify my goals a bit - still thinking about it. I'll probably keep the exercise ones the same for Oct so I can get used to 3x sports and 1x p90x/week. I think I'm going to make my daily goals into 6x/week goals to give myself a bit more breathing room (while still aiming for daily of course). I'd also like to add another weekly and/or maybe another daily diet goal, but will have to think about what to add.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, it was a tough week -- with my son banned from video games, it was mopey-whiney central at my place and I did a lousy job of getting good sleep and waking up early enough to follow my plan.

But, anyway, last week I lifted on Thursday and this week just Friday, so at least I didn't skip the weeks entirely, one is better than none. And I did walk last Saturday morning, hopefully I can do that again tomorrow morning.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Thurs 6 am CrossFit class

WOD:
3 rounds, 21-15-9 reps (21 reps each move first round, 15 reps ea 2nd round, 9 reps 3rd)
dead lifts (105 lbs)
handstand pushups
(crap, I forgot to record my time again)

Since my pushups still suck, this time I did something to work on the weak part of my pushup, which is the deep dip part. So I actually did chest/chin to bench pushups instead. It looks embarrassingly easy because it's not even parallel to the ground, but the point is that I need to work on the part where I go down all the way so that the upper portion of my chest (as opposed to the part of my boobs that sticks out which would be much easier :laugh:) touches the bench and my chin almost touches, while keeping my core straight (as opposed to bending towards the bench to make it easy). The deep portion of the dip is where I need to build strength. So now I've adjusted my home workout to use this move instead of regular pushups, also.

They look even easier than pushups from the knees, but for me, they are actually much harder. Embarrassing, but the good news is that I found a good way to work on the weakest part of my pushups, so I'll be much stronger at pushups after working on that for awhile.

Today (Fri)

Home Workout

1000 rope jumps
20 stair lifts, ea leg

5 rounds:
5 chest/chin to bench pushups
20 backups
20 situps
10 chair dips
Completed the 5 rounds in 9:58.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I added a new exercise routine to my repertoire today.
When I tried it last year, I could barely make it through the warm-up,
but I was able to do it today!
Besides the warm-up, it's 12 exercises for whole body,
and 12 stretches. It takes about 40 minutes.
fabulous-forever-stretch-tone-with-included-4-foot-mirabai-holland-mfa-dvd-cover-art.jpg

I met my goal for the week! :)

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sat CrossFit

I was excited to notice some significant improvements in myself today!

As part of the warm-up, we did 5 sets x 3 reps of back squats. We worked in partners.
My partner & I started at 65lb, and added 10lb for each set. So back squats 3 reps per set: 65lb, 75, 85, 95, 105lb.

I was happy with that since last time we did back squats, I fell backwards when I tried to do 95lb, haha. This time 105lb felt lighter than 95lb did a few months ago. I even might try taking it up another notch next time. My squats themselves are getting better, too. I don't have to put my feet so far apart, I can get lower, and I'm getting better at not letting my knees go inwards.

WOD, 3 rounds for time:

400m run (total 1200m run)
21 kettle bell swings (35lb KB) (total 63 KB swings)
12 pull-ups (medium band) (total 36 pull-ups)

Completed the three rounds in 13:08.

Previously, I had been using the 25lb kettle bell, but it was starting to feel a bit easy, so today I tried the 35lb KB, and it was fine, yay! I was also excited that in all three rounds, I only took one short break, and that was in the very last round of pull-ups. Usually I can't do 12 consecutive pull-ups without resting for a few seconds, but I'm getting better at them, yay!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 cheat this week. I can blame it on my vacation, but I only was active 3 times, which isn't enough for results, so the cheat gets used.