• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Monday through Sunday is the normal week - it's just that beginning this competition on the 31st of the month necessitated also beginning on a Wednesday; the challenge also ends on a Wednesday.

In terms of the contest, the two half weeks add up to one at the end, so for the purposes of calculating goals met and cheats used it doesn't matter at the end. On the spreadsheet it looks a little odd, that's all.

Friendly reminder: Any updates for last week need to be posted by the end of Wednesday; correspondingly, all contestants' updates and progress will be posted in summarised form either late Wednesday or early Thursday.

OK, so for reporting & summarizing purposes, the first half week was Thurs - Sun (Sept 1-4), and the first full week is Mon - Sun (Sept 5-11), yes?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
wed - woke up at an ungodly hour
and had a fabulous 60min yoga session.
i've been practicing karandavasana
i go can down to my arms but that is
only half of it.

i still have a lot of work to do.

i'm also shopping around for a good trx instructor/class...
the ones near my office are like too... super loud music
blasting for me. no like.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
First half week, Thurs - Sun:

2 CrossFit workouts, Thurs & Sat.

Thurs morning:

Today's WOD (workout of the day) :pumpyouup:
5 rounds for time: run 400 m, 15 overhead squats
I finished the 5 rounds in 16:04.

Sat morning:

warmup - 1K run, DROM (dynamic range of motion), warming up WOD movements

WOD: 5 rounds for time, each round
15 deadlifts
15 toes to bar

For deadlifts, I used 105 lbs :pumpyouup:
Instead of toes to bar, I did my best version of knees to elbows, which means getting my knees up as high as I could.
Finished the 5 rounds in 13:05.

Beginning of first full week

After going away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary, although I went way off track from my diet (dessert and/or drinks 4 nights in a row), I am back on track for a full week of 3 CrossFit sessions. We got back this afternoon, so I went to the 5 pm CrossFit class.

Today's WOD (Tues Sept 6):

3 rounds for time:
800 m run
30 sit-ups
20 kettle bell swings (I used a 25 lb kettle bell)

Finished in 20:45. Wow, that sounds slow, but I was about in the middle of the finishers. Then again, we just watched the Track & Field World Championships, no wonder it sounds so slow. Those people are AMAZING.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Week Oneish progress:
Cardio 4/4. Pushups 60/70. Yoga/Pilates 0/0
How does that affect my 'cheats' presently if I will be able to finish the pushups and yoga/pilates at the very end of the challenge? :huh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
@_@ What a bummer of a week for me. My work schedule has tried to foil my plans, but fortunately I get my motivation from Team Rocket and keep trying anyways. :laugh:

I missed yesterday.. Working close every night is no bueno. :c But I think 12 hours a day and PT every day in training will make up for the wacky schedule right now.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
wow this is like chaos in here, I am going to post in my own blog then summarize and post only once a week here.

k update from me:

Thurs - Sun (Sept 1-4):
Thurs: 5483 steps
Fri: 6852 steps
Sat: 4243 + one hour bike ride
Sun: 6109 steps

As I mentioned before, I am using the first week as a benchmark week. My goal is 10000 steps a day, exception of one day. Now, knowing I am averaging between 5000 - 6000 steps a day, I have to figure out how to double that, plus likely 1/3 of those steps are non-aerobic steps. I have bought a book on the topic to guide me, hope to get it this week (gotta love Amazon.com used books lol!)

Also, to do stretching vids 3x a week to increase flexibility. And then, add appropriate goals as we go along.

Nutrition, that is seldom my issue. I am eating a Nutritarian diet, with the exception of having meat twice a week, a small chocolate treat and a small amount of cheese occasionally for a little flava.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we supposed to update here?

Anyway, here's a link to Week 1.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
wow this is like chaos in here, I am going to post in my own blog then summarize and post only once a week here.

Thankee. That is helpful.

Are we supposed to update here?

Anyway, here's a link to Week 1.

I am already subscribed to your thread, along with everyone else's who has one. No worries, if you update within the thread ye've created I will always see it.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I've been updating here cuz although it will be chaotic with all of us, I didn't want to annoy the other forum members with so many exercise threads floating around. I dunno which is better. <shrug>

I figure I'll update here every time I work out, and then summarize the week's workouts (Mon-Sun) every Sunday or Monday to make it easier for [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] to keep track.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
I've been updating here cuz although it will be chaotic with all of us, I didn't want to annoy the other forum members with so many exercise threads floating around. I dunno which is better. <shrug>

I figure I'll update here every time I work out, and then summarize the week's workouts (Mon-Sun) every Sunday or Monday to make it easier for [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] to keep track.

The exercise threads aren't floating around as much as relegated to this specific subforum, but however ye wish to post updates is quite all right.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
The exercise threads aren't floating around as much as relegated to this specific subforum, but however ye wish to post updates is quite all right.

True, but if you use Today's Posts to browse, they do float around. Don't most people who check in regularly use Today's Posts to keep up-to-date? I don't mind either way, just sayin' it's the potential downside to multiple individual exercise threads.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, but if you use Today's Posts to browse, they do float around. Don't most people who check in regularly use Today's Posts to keep up-to-date? I don't mind either way, just sayin' it's the potential downside to multiple individual exercise threads.

Nope. Thread subscriptions.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still debating about creating a personal exercise blog thread. In the mean time, here were my results from last week:

Wed: 3 mile jog walk (8 min walk 2 min jog every 10 minutes)
Fri: 3 mile jog walk (same ratio)
Sat: 2 mile walk on beach.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8

Deciding how ye use the forum based on how you think others wish it to look isn't necessary unless one is a troll trying to change his ways, methinks. If threads going by such lovely names as "The Booty Thread" and "Which member would you most like to have sex with?" can float around, I think a few threads devoted to TypeC members being awesome in their personal life are just as valid. :wink:

Beorn

Permabanned
I use live feed and thread subscriptions. I don't feel bad if I'm distracting from all really important things that get talked about here. I've set my thread up for organizational purposes so I can easily see my own progress. Plus I like the social aspect of dropping in on people's own threads to provide encouragement as well as having a couple group threads.

Btw I've added no soda ever to my goals. I like the taste of some sodas, but in my estimation the taste is almost never worth the cost. I don't blame people for drinking it if they enjoy it more than I do.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Went to the gym today and did an hour of cardio. 1/3 for the week.

I cheated on my diet a little bit yesterday and got a sammich from Panera Bread. Not TERRIBLY unhealthy, but more carb-heavy than I want to be eating. I need to be making a push not to get fast food/bakery stuff anymore. There just aren't a lot of low-carb options. Summer got me into bad eating habits. No more!

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Deciding how ye use the forum based on how you think others wish it to look isn't necessary unless one is a troll trying to change his ways, methinks. If threads going by such lovely names as "The Booty Thread" and "Which member would you most like to have sex with?" can float around, I think a few threads devoted to TypeC members being awesome in their personal life are just as valid. :wink:

OK, coolz. :biggrin:

(I don't understand the troll comment, though. :thinking: ? )

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
OK, coolz. :biggrin:

(I don't understand the troll comment, though. :thinking: ? )

If one is a troll trying to mend their nefarious ways, they might choose to take into account how others on the fora they frequent wish the forums to be, as a courtesy. Akin to a teenage boy in the midst of acquiring social graces figuring out that farting in front of people as a joke might negatively affect their air space. :)

Last edited:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
If one is a troll trying to mend their nefarious ways, they might choose to take into account how others on the fora they frequent wish to the forums to be, as a courtesy. Like when a teenage boy in the midst of acquiring social graces figures out that farting in front of people as a joke might negatively affect their air space. :)

Ah OK, that's what I thought you meant.

Hopefully my attempt at being considerate doesn't make me a newly-rehabilitated troll! :shocking:

:laugh: