• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Planking

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I’m going to challenge myself to increasing my planking abilities. I will hopefully be posting times here. If anyone wants to do a plank off... :D

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does planking actually help on your body?

Asking for a...a....friend?

(I'm asking for me because I cannot do a push up to save my life lol)

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What does planking actually help on your body?

Asking for a...a....friend?

(I'm asking for me because I cannot do a push up to save my life lol)

Personally I’m hoping it will strengthen my core and arms so I can do push ups more successfully. Right now I look like some kind of weird noodle trying to do push ups. :shock: :blush:

I’ve also been told having a strong core is very beneficial for women. I’m sure the same is true for men as well.

Last edited:

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aright. I started at thirty seconds. Beat me. Challenge!
[MENTION=39622]ThisName[/MENTION]

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jesus Christ, it is 1AM and I just ate a gingerbread cookie. Let my stomach digest it... Give it 30 minutes, okay? I WILL BE THERE.

Lol, it doesn’t have to be today. :rotfl: Get some some sleep. :laugh:

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Lol, it doesn’t have to be today. :rotfl: Get some some sleep. :laugh:

+30 extra seconds for the delay. That makes 60 seconds! Easy peasy banana lemon squeezy. Keep up, captain!

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
+30 extra seconds for the delay. That makes 60 seconds! Easy peasy banana lemon squeezy. Keep up, captain!

I’m afraid you’ve still got me beat. Well done! But don’t worry, I’m bringing up the rear (literally :rotfl:)! I shall gain strength, and soon shall challenge you again. ;)

I would think correct posture would be a little easier. If I let my spine dip too low it creates a sagging feeling and if I have my butt too high it is uncomfortable as well, so I try to keep it neutral feeling. But that’s just me.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So far I’ve felt much better all around. I have more energy and mental sharpness, and better mood too.

My ribs feel a little bruised though, but it’s just sore muscles. This too shall pass. :D

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
So far I’ve felt much better all around. I have more energy and mental sharpness, and better mood too.

My ribs feel a little bruised though, but it’s just sore muscles. This too shall pass. :D
All this, because of some planking? :rly???: Jeez, sounds like I got to do it more often too!

And yes, CHALLENGE ME.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All this, because of some planking? :rly???: Jeez, sounds like I got to do it more often too!

And yes, CHALLENGE ME.

I’ve also been trying to keep a positive outlook and have been taking large doses of vitamin D. :shrug:

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Made it to 40 seconds. Woohoo!

(A little progress is still progress, after all. :D :wink:)