User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default Female 5w4s out there?

Hello,

I have realized that most 5s are male, let alone 5w4s. As a female 5w4 I’m so curious to find another female 5w4 if there are any out there on this forum. I’d love to commune with you and wonder if you too find it is more socially “acceptable” to be a 5w4 when you’re male vs. female. I feel like until I met my partner and he embraced my uniqueness, I suffered greatly, seeing my essence as wrong or unacceptable. I’ve truly worked my way up from being a lowest level unhealthy 5 to a high level healthy 5. But I recognize I’m pretty darn unique.

Now I feel like I have more confidence and ownership in my temperament and behavior and my 5w4 is in full swing. Which I love. But I still have yet to meet someone like me (which is TOTALLY fine and I’d kinda prefer it that way, interpersonally - but online feels like a comfortable way to satiate my curiosity about this)

Cheers!

T
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I'm not a 5w4, but I want to welcome you to the forum anyway!
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think it has its difficulties. There are some things that western culture expects of women, that don't necessarily align with the natural 5w4 demeanor. I think I can scan as too detached, and not enough of the social pleasantries, and maybe men expect people to laugh at their jokes but not necessarily have it go the other way, etc. I dunno. lots of things. I still have made many friends along the way who do appreciate me, it just sometimes flies in the face of expectation and what seems to be more easily accepted culturally. But I wouldn't be happy not being myself either, so....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I have an INTP friend who is a 5w4 female. I do think there is some disconnect when it comes to gender norms concerning this type, specifically that element of social detachment. They're a lot more artistic than I feel most INTPs are portrayed as and have a really strong sense of self which I don't think others give them credit for often. I think that strong sense of self can rub people the wrong way when combined with their social detachment, and when the gender is female that judgement is even harsher.

Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I think it has its difficulties. There are some things that western culture expects of women, that don't necessarily align with the natural 5w4 demeanor. I think I can scan as too detached, and not enough of the social pleasantries, and maybe men expect people to laugh at their jokes but not necessarily have it go the other way, etc. I dunno. lots of things. I still have made many friends along the way who do appreciate me, it just sometimes flies in the face of expectation and what seems to be more easily accepted culturally. But I wouldn't be happy not being myself either, so....
    So happy to meet you - I think because my parents did not see some of my 5w4ness as acceptable it was disciplined out of me - and through studying the enneagram I am finding myself relaxing into my true comfort zone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I'm not a 5w4, but I want to welcome you to the forum anyway!
    Thank you! So happy to meet you and to be here!
    Likes Luminous, Totenkindly liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    I have an INTP friend who is a 5w4 female. I do think there is some disconnect when it comes to gender norms concerning this type, specifically that element of social detachment. They're a lot more artistic than I feel most INTPs are portrayed as and have a really strong sense of self which I don't think others give them credit for often. I think that strong sense of self can rub people the wrong way when combined with their social detachment, and when the gender is female that judgement is even harsher.
    oo yeah definitely - thanks for sharing this!

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I have a 5 fix in my tritype.
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I am certainly female and my core is 5w4 sp/so. Strong so second but definitely an sp-dom. Kind of goes with me being socially awkweird... In my expression and identity and how emotions manifest, I do have quite the strong 4 wing but it's harder to penetrate my emotional core than a 4 so a 4 core isn't so plausible...

I've considered it for my heart fix but 2 is probably a better fit. The sp varieties of 2 and 4 have some overlap but 2 and fe go hand and hand. I have a strong 9-fix but I identify with being an oddball in the world, needing to hoard knowledge, taking a sense of security in doing so, and even moreso when I get to talk about it, and I am not the biggest people person. Also don't like being treated as incompetent or getting more help than needed, I have been this way since a young age.
    9w1 5w4 2w3 sp/so

Stars that are long dead whose light is still traveling through time. It won't die, that's light. Maybe that's the only thing that never does.

O- High C- Average E- Extremely Hilariously Low A- Extremely High N-Medium High
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

INTJ 5w4 hereeee
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Socionics
    NF None

I had a INTP 5w4 college at my previous job, very intelligent and interesting woman. She was a real professional with a great sense for art, we used to go to lunch together and talked about music and politics.
    Likes Froody Blue Gem, JAVO liked this post