• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Happiest in your natural state of mind?

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After some careful consideration I realize I'm an e4w5 and it got me thinking.... How am I happy in my natural state? Over the years of containing my temperamental nature bc of being pushed into acting a certain way to stay in my house. My parents wanted to shut me down so profusely threaten me with isolation and living in third world country with my grandma. To some extent they broke my spirit and it was really fucking hard. I always tried to contain my anger bc of the way my parents would beat my ass if I didn't, and they themself would get angry so that also made not wanna gt upset- therefore turning my anger into tears.

This new year, I had a sudden realization. Something snapped in me wondered why tf am I trying to keep the peace of these peasants they call family. That started a spark in me and I wanted to say IT REALLY MADE ME HAPPY CUZ I HAVEN'T FELT THAT LITTLE ATTITUDE SINCE I WAS 15!!! So tell me sexy e4, do you feel most comfortable in your natural state of mind? I know there's things like talking it out and what not, but be honest.... Is trying to contain your sadness/fear/pain/anger really that happy? Is pretending to be happy when you're not really that appealing in the way they call "better u" bs?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being honest an open about yourself is important to anyone really. Feelings are an indicator of what you want, and should not be repressed. I did something similar, always repressing my desires to better accomidate my family and ensure others were better off than myself because I was strong enough to handle it. The truth was, I was not strong at all and convinced myself I was. After recieving burden after burden, I collapsed eventually. Grew sick of everyones endless selfishness. I began to demand other people do what I did for them. Even if I felt ashamed that I was too weak, too pathetic to ask for help deep down. I realized it was not my fault, that I was taken advantage of. Eventually, one starts to fight back. The liberation felt when one begins to control their fate is a plesant one indeed.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The question is though: what is your natural state of mind?

When I am happiest, it is when I am in an elevated state of mind. I can see things from a higher perspective. If it's higher than what I could see before, is it really natural?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The question is though: what is your natural state of mind?

When I am happiest, it is when I am in an elevated state of mind. I can see things from a higher perspective. If it's higher than what I could see before, is it really natural?

Wouldn't that be flow? I don't consider happiness anything but a brief emotion. So a natural state of mind wouldnt be happy unless you perpetuated it that emotional reaction.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not sure what my natural state of mind is. Mood swings can be frustrating, but also enjoyable in a weird way.