• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Is "The idealist" really the right name for 1w9 ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This question is on my mind for quite a while. 1w9 has idealistic thoughts but term "idealist" to me sounds much more like 9w1 or 4w5 and 7w6 for that matter. While 1w9 strikes me as too heavy person for such title. For me the names such as "administrator" or "judge" would make more sense here than the ones like "the idealist". Especially if we count in all the judgements and coldbloodedness in profiles.

Thoughts ?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1w9's are the most idealist type. Most of these supposed idealistic 9w1s are actually mistyped 1w9 women that don't want to identify as 1s.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how one can be idealistic, if they take life as it comes. 9's aren't idealistic at all. We are the most easily-pleased of all the types but 1's and 4s are the most high-maintenance.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
1w9's are the most idealist type. Most of these supposed idealistic 9w1s are actually mistyped 1w9 women that don't want to identify as 1s.

Ok, but profiles like this one don't strike me as something I would call "the idealist".

Whereas 1w9s:
⦁ Can have an aura of 9-like calm although eruptions of temper are possible.
⦁ Often have a detached quality and can be mistaken for Fives.
⦁ Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength.
⦁ When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations.
⦁ More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet.
⦁ May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what.
⦁ Can be merciless or unwittingly cruel.
⦁ Often a little colorless in their personal appearance.
⦁ Plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle. Practicality is highly valued.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, but profiles like this one don't strike me as something I would call "the idealist".

Whereas 1w9s:
⦁ Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength.
⦁ When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations.
⦁ More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet.
⦁ May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what.
⦁ Plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle. Practicality is highly valued.

These are supposed traits which has nothing to do with their motivations. 1's are pretty detached from reality in general but the 2 wing makes the 1 want to comprehend humanity.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
These are supposed traits which has nothing to do with their motivations. 1's are pretty detached from reality in general but the 2 wing makes the 1 want to comprehend humanity.

So motivations are idealistic but implementation isn't ?
To be fully honest I place plenty of weight on impact and rhetoric and this is exactly why for me this name doesn't make too much sense.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So motivations are idealistic but implementation isn't ?

Both are idealistic. I just don't think you should take these traits so seriously. It is a step backwards to stereotype a whole type based on the few people that chose to identify as it.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9

Whereas 1w9s:
Because you associate ideals with kindness or something like that. Idealism just means prioritising ideas.

Also, take into account that descriptions of type 1 are tainted by assumption that type 1 will be an ISTJ.

Jaguar

The One’s interpersonal style is normally clear, precise, direct, and exacting, using carefully chosen words and phrases expressed in a seemingly polite manner.

Seemingly, eh? Seemingly. Come to think of it, you do have that veneer of politeness online. But then you post:

I can be very intellectual but my core is anger not fear. Just about everyone in real life thinks I am geniuinely angry and argumentative person, especially people that are actually the head or heart types. Plus I constantly watch what passes as an anger type person online and wonder if those people are anger based then what the hell am I ? The anger just scream out of me: from direct questions, from walking and being physical every day, to decades of violent gaming, bossing/ordering people around on a daily basis, mixing the ideas of sex and "punishment", frustration(s) .... .etc. I am just too much in your face for a 5.

What are you - a Jekyll and Hyde? A deranged wacko? Anger screams out of you, how so? "Being physical every day." What does that mean? (By the way, I have no idea how I ended up in this thread.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Seemingly, eh? Seemingly. Come to think of it, you do have that veneer of politeness online. But then you post:

What are you - a Jekyll and Hyde? A deranged wacko? Anger screams out of you, how so? "Being physical every day." What does that mean?

As you can see I removed the post since I don't really agree with it. It is something written in the moment, although I am more frustrated person then I seem on this forum. Plus being surrounded with FP people means that I shouldn't ask them straight questions, since they can get a heart-attack. Especially the ones that are e6.

I was rambling but I am a little bit too forward in general to fit certain e5 profiles. When you watch the forum I am getting the impression that I am the most "pushy" 5 around. Plus I really don't see myself as fear based person. :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Speaking of Jekyll and Hyde, there are endless jokes about it when it comes to me. :wink:

The catch is simple, someone broke the plan and now I am thinking about is this worth creating "the storm". (since the situation can be salvaged)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As I said my problem is that I live in environment where almost everyone makes judgement in the moment and however they see fit. While rules are also very flexible, incomplete or unenforced. However I really really feel alienated by this. I just can't really watch anymore what is objective mess.

What goes to the point that I seem to be acting like 5 out of self preservation. Even if this isn't want I am. While my own parents troll me that I am "dictator material".

Jaguar

As you can see I removed the post since I don't really agree with it. It is something written in the moment, although I am more frustrated person then I seem on this forum. Plus being surrounded with FP people means that I shouldn't ask them straight questions, since they can get a heart-attack. Especially the ones that are e6.

So why remove the post? I find it hard to believe that you would describe yourself that way and then disagree with it later. Perhaps there are sides of yourself you don't want to know?

Speaking of Jekyll and Hyde, there are endless jokes about it when it comes to me.

Ha. No shit. :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So why remove the post? I find it hard to believe that you would describe yourself that way and then disagree with it later. Perhaps there are sides of yourself you don't want to know?

Ha. No shit. :D

I am watching typological side, I don't fit many cultural standards for e1 (which are US based). However at the core e1 is totally me on so many levels, including feeling bad about your anger and frustration. I can even link you the thread made years ago where I claimed to be e1, but I pretend that this isn't the case because my family and education system raised me to be a head type ... but I don't think I am really one of those people. My parents and grandparents as they grew up in a dictatorship though that I will get myself killed by being too open in my judgements, so they never liked them. It sounds silly but with giving up on e5 I am actually in a way giving the finger to many things. However this is the truth that hits me every day, I am focused taskmaster ... not a rogue thinker. In a way this is really ironic, you don't want to be a bad person but being labeled as a "moralist" makes you feel bad, unwanted or whatever.

I am just tired of the distortion that I am not very determined person. My whole life someone wants me to be "fun and random person" and that is Ok but I can't be that all the time.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is why people who know me can think I am an ass. Therefore I learned how to camouflage this but that is only creating a distance between me and others.

Your score = 88

What does your score mean?
You seem to have a Type A personality. Type A personality is characterized by an exaggerated sense of time, urgency, competitiveness, anger and hostility. People who share certain characteristics with you are often concerned with the acquisition of objects and generally dissatisfied with the world, including oneself. You don't know how and when to relax. People probably get tense around you, and they tend to feel threatened in your presence. Continuous stress and allowing unexpressed feelings to pile up are not good for your health. You should start learning how to relax, to let go, and enjoy life. Work on your communication skills. Try to take it easy and be lazy sometimes. It might be hard and it would take some effort, but you certainly know how to pick up a challenge.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Or this score

Blue/white

I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order.
I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it.
At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Over the years I have even started to avoid people thinking that I can too easily hurt them. Not everyone has the skin thick as mine.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Regarding the thread I still don't think that "idealist" hits it in the center. Administrator, judge, lawmaker, moralist, organizer ... would all make more sense for this type.

Jaguar

This is why people who know me can think I am an ass. Therefore I learned how to camouflage this but that is only creating a distance between me and others.
Your score = 88

What does your score mean?
You seem to have a Type A personality. Type A personality is characterized by an exaggerated sense of time, urgency, competitiveness, anger and hostility. People who share certain characteristics with you are often concerned with the acquisition of objects and generally dissatisfied with the world, including oneself. You don't know how and when to relax. People probably get tense around you, and they tend to feel threatened in your presence. Continuous stress and allowing unexpressed feelings to pile up are not good for your health. You should start learning how to relax, to let go, and enjoy life. Work on your communication skills. Try to take it easy and be lazy sometimes. It might be hard and it would take some effort, but you certainly know how to pick up a challenge.

You are way too hard on yourself.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Given my newly found understanding...

"Idealist" sounds like a name better equipped for Jungian type.

For type 1 I would say something like "the improver". Type 1 internalises anger, basically being angry at themselves for things like mistakes, and this motivates them to continuously get better.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You are way too hard on yourself.

I know, but reality rised me to be the adult too early or to be "the adult" in the room. It is a mindset mistake that is simply hard to truly correct. Especially now when it is proper approach for my age.
However for the most part I don't even know how to "play" anything but a voice of reason. What is basically boring after a certain point. I don't even know how many times people above me gave me full control because I am so "trustworthy". I remember once at college there was a debate about how to improve the curriculum and everyone had some random comments while I came with a 25 point strategy of what and why to change. What resulted with the "debate" with the person in charge that many "noticed", even if the school seems kinda glad that someone actually offered more concrete feedback. Why do anything if you don't it "for real" ? I mean the most in this country still think that totalitarian government will fix everything for them, while I awkwardly can sound just like "that government".

I guess you can call this one a rant. :)