• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Is "The idealist" really the right name for 1w9 ?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I think that idealist might be a good name for 9w1 but not 1w9.
They are very differently although its just a sequence swap (I can realize that through statistics... Mosts 1w9 are INTJs or ISTJs, while 9w1 is more diverse).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
They are very differently although its just a sequence swap (I can realize that through statistics... Mosts 1w9 are INTJs or ISTJs, while 9w1 is more diverse).

That is exactly what I said through thread.
Idealist is more like 9w1, 4w5 or 7w6. (which btw make "gentle spirit" tritype)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
That is exactly what I said through thread.
Idealist is more like 9w1, 4w5 or 7w6. (which btw make "gentle spirit" tritype)

I didnt read the whole thread, just the last 3-4 posts on a very quick and uncomplete way.

The 4w5 might get idealist because most that "house" is composed by good sorts of INFPs and INFJs, but I dont think that idealism is at all in "spirit" of 4w5.
7w6 being idealist is a little bit weird, but make sense.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I didnt read the whole thread, just the last 3-4 posts on a very quick and uncomplete way.

The 4w5 might get idealist because most that "house" is composed by good sorts of INFPs and INFJs, but I dont think that idealism is at all in "spirit" of 4w5.
7w6 being idealist is a little bit weird, but make sense.

Actually most Enneagram test are asking you about how optimistic and positive you are ... and these are all mostly e7 questions.

1w9 if it is So last and with 4 fix can be be some kind of scholar idealists. But in general they are too structured and determined to be the classic "idealists".

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Actually most Enneagram test are asking you about how optimistic and positive you are ... and these are all mostly e7 questions.

1w9 if it is So last and with 4 fix can be be some kind of scholar idealists. But in general they are too structured and determined to be the classic "idealists".

I dont even know what So means, I know it is something about instinct but whatever, Ill read it later.

I dont really think 1w9 can really be that much idealistic, it is more a matter of order than idealism, however they can be moralistic, which is somewhat different than idealistic.

yeghor

I can be very intellectual but my core is anger not fear. Just about everyone in real life thinks I am genuinely angry and argumentative person, especially people that are actually the head or heart types. Plus I constantly watch what passes as an anger type person online and wonder if those people are anger based then what the hell am I ? The anger just screams out of me: from direct questions, from walking and being physical every day, to decades of violent gaming, bossing/ordering people around on a daily basis, mixing the ideas of kinky sex and "punishment", frustration(s) .... .etc. I am just too much in your face for a 5.

My mindset isn't one of a observer but a taskmaster. ... People will make jokes that I am meant to be a dictator but this is obviously meant to be. :)

This is why people who know me can think I am an ass. Therefore I learned how to camouflage this but that is only creating a distance between me and others.

Blue/white

I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order.
I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it.
At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Over the years I have even started to avoid people thinking that I can too easily hurt them. Not everyone has the skin thick as mine.

Regarding the thread I still don't think that "idealist" hits it in the center. Administrator, judge, lawmaker, moralist, organizer ... would all make more sense for this type.

Virtual Ghost, you are an ExTJ, I am leaning more towards ESTJ cause you seem to be detail oriented and compare yourself to administrator or dictator that imposes rules and orders on people around and get angry when they don't comply. That also explains the anger you had to learn to conceal (i.e. your Se turned Si). The problem is your primary enneagram demeanor isn't E1 but something else, I would guess E6, that also makes sense since you also said "I am just too much in your face for a 5", where I associate 5 with Ti and 6 with Te, that makes sense that you don't associate with E5/Ti cause your T is extraverted i.e. Te-dom.

E1's idealism comes from imposing the ideal self (super-ego ideal) more on themselves than others, they are an introverted type, surely IxxJs, and in my understanding INxJs.