• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Type Nine creatives

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What are the type nine creatives making? What are your preferred mediums? Share the details. Thanks to anyone who responds.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I've observed, 9 is often the most genuinely creative type.

Something I've been observing recently, but couldn't quite put my finger on it until now, are how many e9 creatives seem to exhibit this self-effacing quality to them that, ime, can be downright alluringly hypnotic at times. There's no pretension to them, and if they happen to really stand out, it flows organically without overthinking it in presentation. It's why I notice how many of them living in more hippie or spiritual lifestyles (not saying 9s are hippies and whatnot, but out of all the enneagram types seem more inclined toward that way of thinking/being) who hold creative pursuits are sincere in their efforts and without an elitist undertone (even if they happen to be more "highbrow" in taste, there's still an overwhelmingly humbling aura to them). In contrast, someone like me as a 4 could be in a similar mode, but the energy is different; there's more of a try-hard factor at reaching that state (since it's not really natural for us) as well as an underlying haughtiness that still bubbles up to the surface at times. It's why I've always kind of had an envious streak toward 9s and their effortlessness at just being -- something I've always wished to replicate, yet fail miserably each time, hah. Also, some of the most strikingly imaginative works I've seen have been from e9 artists too. :)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's no pretension to them, and if they happen to really stand out, it flows organically without overthinking it in presentation. It's why I notice how many of them living in more hippie or spiritual lifestyles (not saying 9s are hippies and whatnot, but out of all the enneagram types seem more inclined toward that way of thinking/being) who hold creative pursuits are sincere in their efforts and without an elitist undertone (even if they happen to be more "highbrow" in taste, there's still an overwhelmingly humbling aura to them).

I'm not a 9, but I notice similar things in my E9 artist friends. An easy way to poke at an E9 artist, honestly? Brag for them. Sell for them. For some reason, they don't seem to be aware of others' perception of their art, or if they are, they don't necessarily do anything with it.

I don't understand how they work, but they are generally very sincere and self-effacing, indeed.

I'm not a 9, but I notice similar things in my E9 artist friends. An easy way to poke at an E9 artist, honestly? Brag for them. Sell for them. For some reason, they don't seem to be aware of others' perception of their art, or if they are, they don't necessarily do anything with it.

I don't understand how they work, but they are generally very sincere and self-effacing, indeed.

I would have others do the bragging talk for me too, but only because I hate self-promotion in general, especially for the sake of exposure and dealing with people's reactions (although admittedly, it's something I've been meaning to push myself to do a little more as of recent). And yeah, it does seem from what I've observed through many 9s as well that their creative outlet is something they got into more on a whim than through a passionate pursuit of sorts.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would have others do the bragging talk for me too, but only because I hate self-promotion in general, especially for the sake of exposure and dealing with people's reactions (although admittedly, it's something I've been meaning to push myself to do a little more as of recent). And yeah, it does seem from what I've observed through many 9s as well that their creative outlet is something they got into more on a whim than through a passionate pursuit of sorts.

Goodness, it is exactly as you say.
Sometimes it is as if they chanced upon the art world and happened to hang around rather than barging into it and making it their home.

If I may ask, do you do art as a hobby or as a job? And what kind(s)?

Goodness, it is exactly as you say.
Sometimes it is as if they chanced upon the art world and happened to hang around rather than barging into it and making it their home.

If I may ask, do you do art as a hobby or as a job? And what kind(s)?

I do oil painting and that's my main form of artistic expression, but I'm not making a full-time living off of it at the moment, although that is what I'm attempting to do. I have dabbled in other stuff too though, namely graphic design and textiles.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It has been proposed that I'm actually a 9 and I am now seriously considering it, though people can by all means form their own opinion that differs from that. :laugh: But I can say that, though I was always drawn to art as a child and found a lot of enjoyment with it, and enjoying any sort of school project up through high school that allowed the opportunity for me to include creativity in design/presentation or allowed me to draw, as well as pursuing it casually in my free time, I most definitely relate to what you have stated here in that it has never been a 'passionate pursuit of sorts' but instead aligns more with a whim that I 'fell into' -- I have simply stuck with it over the years and committed to it, and obviously it's quite important to me, but it was and has never been a single-minded passion. [I have shared somewhere else that my interests are spread too thin to be passionately driven towards any single thing] Actually I'd say my overarching Passion is nature/the wilderness/wildlife/the great outdoors, and that's why my art almost entirely reflects that. So photography was born through the original passion and became an equal passion, almost, and my painting has been more of a hobby that became more serious with time and is now more of a defining part of me.

Per OP, my medium is watercolors as well as landscape/nature photography, and my themes/stuff is in my footer link.

It has been proposed that I'm actually a 9 and I am now seriously considering it, though people can by all means form their own opinion that differs from that. :laugh: But I can say that, though I was always drawn to art as a child and found a lot of enjoyment with it, and enjoying any sort of school project up through high school that allowed the opportunity for me to include creativity in design/presentation or allowed me to draw, as well as pursuing it casually in my free time, I most definitely relate to what you have stated here in that it has never been a 'passionate pursuit of sorts' but instead aligns more with a whim that I 'fell into' -- I have simply stuck with it over the years and committed to it, and obviously it's quite important to me, but it was and has never been a single-minded passion. [I have shared somewhere else that my interests are spread too thin to be passionately driven towards any single thing] Actually I'd say my overarching Passion is nature/the wilderness/wildlife/the great outdoors, and that's why my art almost entirely reflects that. So photography was born through the original passion and became an equal passion, almost, and my painting has been more of a hobby that became more serious with time and is now more of a defining part of me.

Per OP, my medium is watercolors as well as landscape/nature photography, and my themes/stuff is in my footer link.

Interesting. How was that brought to your attention, if I may ask? I actually have a strong 9 fix and have considered the possibility of it being my core before, though my tendency to consider specific things that I like as an extension of who I am (mostly my interests in art) rather than feeling any sort of detachment away from that as well as 4ish thoughts consuming me throughout the day is why I stick with 4 as my core.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. How was that brought to your attention, if I may ask? I actually have a strong 9 fix and have considered the possibility of it being my core before, though my tendency to consider specific things that I like as an extension of who I am (mostly my interests in art) rather than feeling any sort of detachment away from that as well as 4ish thoughts consuming me throughout the day is why I stick with 4 as my core.

There was a conversation going on in an instinct thread and someone suggested it to me; it's all in my blog in some of the recent posts; I don't want to throw names around here though. :) But I too always related to a lot of the core issues of a 4, which is why it always seemed to make the most sense to me, but I am beginning to think not to the extent that is actually experienced by a 4 or is emphasized in 4 profiles. In any event -- 9 was something I saw in myself too, so it's not much of a stretch for me to accept or consider.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy making art and playing the guitar. Getting my ideas out is one way that I can successfully be expressive. Getting the characters or creatures out on paper. Or it can be just a way to vent without everything lurking beneath the surface leaking through into the real world and causing damage. There are little experiences in the world can top it and I hate being interrupted when in my creative zone. Nonartists don't really get it though. Art is indeed a hobby but it's still an important thing to me that I put time, blood, sweat, and tears into.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a writer until I became addicted to the internet and video games (also, being medicated killed a lot of my artistic side but I eventually came to appreciate that). I was written novellas when I was 13-20, then poems, then songs until around 30.

Now, I enjoy creative video games. I used to LOVE Minecraft and then 7 Days 2 Die (a zombie/survival/crafting game that a lot of people call Minecraft for adults lol). Even EverQuest 2 saw me spending way too much time crafting furniture and decorating my island home.

For practical crafting, I love to crochet and then I got into plastic canvas needlepoint a few years ago so I could make lanyard cases for my e-cigs.
I significantly lack "T". I can't read patterns. I've tried and tried and tried to the point of nearly banging my head on walls... but I just can't learn (or retain) the info. I watch a lot of YouTube and then wing it through brute force trial and error (and many, many restarts).
But because I can't read patterns, most of my stuff is basic.

I've made a lot of blankets and bags. My most-loved creation is a floor length cape (?) with a hood. It's more like a snuggie lol

I guess I've been at the needlepoint longer than I thought. I looked for some images to share.
This is from 2016 lol
Lanyard, bags in BG - Imgur

Here's a terrible pic of my cape open.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here's my general imgur: imgur: the simple 404 page
There's not a lot there. When I broke my arm, last year (then needed surgery for it) it got me out of the crafting mood.

**EDIT**
Oh yeah. I wanted to second what IX said. Back when I first started making lanyards, I was crocheting them. Someone say me wearing one and commissioned a couple to be made. I made three (to just give him the third as a backup). I only wanted something like $10. because I was not happy with them in the least. He gave me $20. and I rushed away, in tears and hating myself for weeks because I felt as if I had ripped him off.
If anyone, other than 9's are reading this and want to know how they can help support their creative friends: help them market their talent and reassure their over-sensitives some.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My art is my content. I'm always blasting away working on videos, and brainstorming my plans for the future and all that I'm going to do and create. It's alot of game related skits, rants, in-game creations, messing with mods. Eventually making my own music, and reading creepypasta's. It feels right to me. If anyone's actually interested in that it'd be actually encouraging.

Also my art is my image. But I suppose that's all 3 and 4ish.

I'm also a 9 since I'm still pretty aware of harmony in the atmosphere and keeping it if I can. I also am an artist, I like drawing, and I use to write stories ideas over and over growing up. I use to want to be a mangaka, until I realized how lonely and busy as hell that life is. The creator of Naruto couldn't even see his wife for their honeymoon because of it. Screw that. If I had a future love, I couldn't let that get in the way of us...

I suppose this is the jist of my form of art. Hmm

OH I also like to sing. But I haven't done it in a long time. But I was told by a couple friends that I was surprisingly good. I believe it is because I'm normally very unemotional so when I sing I let all the emotions out in one deep and poetic feeling segment...:blush:Hm

So anyway yeah. Creative 9. Hello

Kendra

Enneagram
My relationship to art as a 9

I identify as a 9. For a while I thought I was a six, but no. I consider myself an artist. My definition of being an artist is that one appreciates art, color, design and makes art just because it’s way more fun than watching television. And, very important, an artist doesn’t stop doing art because others, in their perception, are better, more talented, etc. No. Artists create art because they need to. It’s just essential and they have discovered this need and just do it.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why am I always late to the threads? LOL:doh: I love photography and collage. Anything conceptual and surrealistic or dark. I'm thinking of teaching myself some graphic design too.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know I answered this years ago but I am still analyzing this trait. Soo.

I consider myself an artist. My mother was too. She drew realism art all the time.

I grew up drawing constantly. Usually anime cuz I'd be totally absorbed in those amazing worlds and what it would be like if they were real, or playing with action figures as a kid which I lost interest in nowadays. I also dabbled in building with lincoln logs and legos, and worked on lego stopmotion animation, made cardboard cities and cardboard trading cards. Largely cuz it all just fascinated me. Ne-Ti? Or 9 or 4? Who knows. But I am known to be very creative in that I, as a gamer, ADORE creative gaming worlds and sometimes the creative process, as well as character creators, roleplay choice games, ect. Even game mechanics in general (how games are made, game physics, Ai). All that is creativity to me and I have fun with it. Be it anime, lego, sims, (minecraft is decent but I don't like the ugly graphics this prefer it with shiny mods) I have also worked on mods on occasion. And made fanfiction or even original anime story ideas at times. And dabble in voice acting. Throughout growing up I had way too many ideas though (I am FULL of ideas I sadly may never do most of), so I ended up having to narrow down and focus on some things.

9ish and creative? Well I'm a harmonic 9 who enjoys a sense of harmony, and wholeness, but can stand his ground if need be aggressively (as a strong 8 wing). And I happen to be creative. Idk how to gauge whether it's related but it's .... worth analyzing I guess?

My focus is usually more light hearted, and fairly analytical, funny, emotionally explorative, ironic, with the occasion sneaking in surprisingly dark themed stuff to keep it non repetitive.