• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] The technical expert tritype

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest for quite some time I am thinking about opening this thread. Especially since I am skiping the typology part of the forum lately.

So is there anyone else here that is the mix of 1,3,5 ?
Do people in general find you ... something ?
What do you think about profiles that rate this tritype as most likely to be souless ?
Do you have any theories about how did you become this tritype ?

Do you know anyone that is this tritype ? What do you find good and bad about this tritype ?
Did you date someone like this ?

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
One of my siblings is a 153. She's totally low maintenance emotionally, highly pragmatic, and perfectionist. She can seem avoidant around the others.

Her dating life is not a bed of roses, so far. Most of the times, the fact that she's very afraid of expressing her emotions drives the other person nuts.
She can barely navigate her way around an emotional conversation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
One of my siblings is a 153. She's totally low maintenance emotionally, highly pragmatic, and perfectionist. She can seem avoidant around the others.

Her dating life is not a bed of roses, so far. Most of the times, the fact that she's very afraid of expressing her emotions drives the other person nuts.
She can barely navigate her way around an emotional conversation.

Curious, is afraid really the right word here ? (in your opinion)

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Curious, is afraid really the right word here ? (in your opinion)

She wants to love and to be loved, but she's afraid of being Abandoned and disappointed.
She's pushing this "I am a sapiosexual" bullshit agenda in the meanwhile.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok, but why would that be BS ? (still curious)

To be honest I consider myself to be sapiosexual for the most part. Not so much because of elitism as much as I need intelligence on the other side to be able to maintain long term interest in the person.

However I often give pretty elitistic vibe even if and I am not trying to do that most of the time. Also I think that many people even have discomfort about the idea that I will address them, "since I ask hard question".

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
To be honest I consider myself to be sapiosexual for the most part. Not so much because of elitism as much as I need intelligence on the other side to be able to maintain long term interest in the person.

However I often give pretty elitistic vibe even if and I am not trying to do that most of the time. Also I think that many people even have discomfort about the idea that I will address them, "since I ask hard question".

Instead of using highfalutin psychological jargon, I'll put it otherwise.

If you're judging yourself for being some way, drop it. She's pushing that sapiosexual agenda because she has not yet found the man she can feel completely safe with. She's actually craving love, and seems to not cultivate any emotional depth with those she has intellectual synergy with alone. They become either companions for a chitchat/mental masturbation, or unaware doormats she can get rid of anytime she wants.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Instead of using highfalutin psychological jargon, I'll put it otherwise.

If you're judging yourself for being some way, drop it. She's pushing that sapiosexual agenda because she has not yet found the man she can feel completely safe with. She's actually craving love, and seems to not cultivate any emotional depth with those she has intellectual synergy with alone. They become either companions for a chitchat/mental masturbation, or unaware doormats she can get rid of anytime she wants.

Ok, but I generally have fairly weak chemistry with people and why would I ignore one of the key elements that seem to make a difference from me ? I am not saying thay I would date only nobel prize winners but generally developed intellect really makes a difference for me. The fact is that I don't have friends that don't have or they aren't in the process of making master degree, what is telling.

After all this tritype is defined as "triple competency focus". But ok I didn't open this thread simply for the sake of dating talk, even if this is evidently the weak spot of the tritype.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Ok, but I generally have fairly weak chemistry with people and why would I ignore one of the key elements that seem to make a difference from me ? I am not saying thay I would date only nobel prize winners but generally developed intellect really makes a difference for me. The fact is that I don't have friends that don't have or they aren't in the process of making master degree, what is telling.

After all this tritype is defined as "triple competency focus". But ok I didn't open this thread simply for the sake of dating talk, even if this is evidently the weak spot of the tritype.

You wouldn't have asked about how others perceive you if you thought that efficiency and pragmatism alone were the nec plus ultra of what you can offer in a relationship, which upon experience, you discovered that they're not. Personally, a woman who's astute and knowledgeable alone, is boring. We'll have long conversations and feel like we've gone through a wormwhole, as time is ahead of us, but the glamour will soon subside. I need that other spicy thing, that X Factor to keep me hooked.

Before we proceed, have you ever dated before? How was your experience?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This has been my experience well. If I cannot establish a strong intellectual connection with someone - intellectual intimacy, if you will - there is no basis on which to build emotional or physical intimacy. Perhaps I am boring. My INTP doesn't think so, though, and that is all that matters. FWIW I am more likely 514 than 513.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You wouldn't have asked about how others perceive you if you thought that efficiency and pragmatism alone were the nec plus ultra of what you can offer in a relationship, which upon experience, you discovered that they're not. Personally, a woman who's astute and knowledgeable alone, is boring. We'll have long conversations and feel like we've gone through a wormwhole, as time is ahead of us, but the glamour will soon subside. I need that other spicy thing, that X Factor to keep me hooked.

Before we proceed, have you ever dated before? How was your experience?

I never said that intelligence is all I find interesting but the fact is that intellect really helps, since it provides plenty of what should be a common ground. The truth is I am not used to intimacy and I don't need it to feel as a full person. As a matter of fact that is perhaps the main thing that is pushing away women from me. Although I have also pushed away a number of them since I didn't find them worthy of my attention, to be honest.

Also due to my "brainy" interests there often wasn't much women around, however I always had general communication problems with them. Since I am directly the opposite of stereotypical woman in pretty much every regard. But if you want straight answer: I never kissed a girl and I am in the 30s. In the case that I am stereotypical nerd I would be easier to box but I am too ambitious, too deliberate and too "angry/intense" to be the classical nerd.

But I really didn't open this because am looking for dating advice, plus we live in so different environments/cultures that I am not sure that any of your claims will have a real worth here. This should be general thread about the tritype and it's certain dating problems are just a part of the picture.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been my experience well. If I cannot establish a strong intellectual connection with someone - intellectual intimacy, if you will - there is no basis on which to build emotional or physical intimacy. Perhaps I am boring. My INTP doesn't think so, though, and that is all that matters. FWIW I am more likely 514 than 513.

Yeap, your 4 fix is pretty obvious.