User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Member Lead Guitar Wankery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Posts
    96

    Default Not Enjoying Socializing

    Have you type 1s ever had difficulty enjoying the company of other people in general/lack of interest in other people in general? What was the reason and how did you do handle that/how did it end?
    Do not assume.
    Likes magpie liked this post

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  3. #3
    Member Lead Guitar Wankery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Not related to the question.
    Do not assume.
    Likes magpie liked this post

  4. #4

    Default

    I love to socialize! The times I won't like it is if I am depressed or stressed about other things, but the vast majority of the time socalizing boosts my mood.

    Most people aren't interesting to me, but that is not a deterrent.

  5. #5
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I think it's probably type related. Though type isn't the only factor.

    To the OP, didn't you used to be a 5w6? Aeren't fives the types who usually don't enjoy socializing?

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lead Guitar Wankery View Post
    Not related to the question.
    Your signature may help you out.

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think it's probably type related. Though type isn't the only factor.

    To the OP, didn't you used to be a 5w6? Aeren't fives the types who usually don't enjoy socializing?
    If it had to be type related, 4 5 and 9. But it’s best not to be said in that way. Everyone has their own psychological issues to face and it’s not real if you just project it onto everyone using a common reference. It’s how mistypes happen everywhere.

  8. #8
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    If it had to be type related, 4 5 and 9. But it’s best not to be said in that way. Everyone has their own psychological issues to face and it’s not real if you just project it onto everyone using a common reference. It’s how mistypes happen everywhere.
    Sounds to me like what you're saying is that it is type related but that what we shouldn't say it because it might confuse people.

    Couldn't you say the same thing about unhealthy traits of any type? I mean noone is saying you should type yourself based on this so I'm not sure where the problem is, lol.

    Actually, you misunderstood the OP: they're not asking whether this is type related, but if other ones have the same problem and if so how did they handle it. There is quite a difference there...

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Sounds to me like what you're saying is that it is type related but that what we shouldn't say it because it might confuse people.

    Couldn't you say the same thing about unhealthy traits of any type? I mean noone is saying you should type yourself based on this so I'm not sure where the problem is, lol.

    Actually, you misunderstood the OP: they're not asking whether this is type related, but if other ones have the same problem and if so how did they handle it. There is quite a difference there...
    Not necessarily. It was me trying to more meet you in the middle if you wanted validity in it. Like “I’m attempting to see from your perspective”

    All types can be socially anxious even 8’s. So why try to make it a type 1 exclusive. Do you think it’s insulting to 1’s saying like if you do go unhealthy you got to be socially anxious or else...? (That’s what I mean by typing confusion/mistypes)

    please respect that it’s possible to interpret it in a different way. Idk if you’re feeling threatened by me and id like you to address that if you could.

  10. #10
    clever fool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Not necessarily. It was me trying to more meet you in the middle if you wanted validity in it. Like “I’m attempting to see from your perspective”

    All types can be socially anxious even 8’s. So why try to make it a type 1 exclusive. Do you think it’s insulting to 1’s saying like if you do go unhealthy you got to be socially anxious or else...? (That’s what I mean by typing confusion/mistypes)

    please respect that it’s possible to interpret it in a different way. Idk if you’re feeling threatened by me and id like you to address that if you could.
    Ok, but I think you're confusing social anxiety with just not wanting to socialize. It isn't clear what is meant by the OP btw.

    I am feeling a little threatened because I feel like you were trying to shut down what I was saying, lol. Since you're trying to see value in what I'm saying, and I appreciate that, I'll try and see value in what you're saying: I agree that mental health is not type related, and it's important to point this out. You're making a valid point in this regard, I'm just not sure it's relevant here.

    But I don't think there anything wrong with asking questions, espeically since I don't think (though I don't know) if mental health issues are implied. I agree that any type can suffer from social anxiety but I'm not sure if that was what was being asked to begin with.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Advice on not being a social idiot
    By Lily flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 12:06 AM
  2. E vs. I - Not About Socializing
    By Wonkavision in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. [ESFP] ESFP... not too social?
    By phoenix13 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
  4. Literature class books that you enjoyed aned did not enjoy
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO