• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Not Enjoying Socializing

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you type 1s ever had difficulty enjoying the company of other people in general/lack of interest in other people in general? What was the reason and how did you do handle that/how did it end?

á´…eparted

passages
I love to socialize! The times I won't like it is if I am depressed or stressed about other things, but the vast majority of the time socalizing boosts my mood.

Most people aren't interesting to me, but that is not a deterrent.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think it's probably type related. Though type isn't the only factor.

To the OP, didn't you used to be a 5w6? Aeren't fives the types who usually don't enjoy socializing?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's probably type related. Though type isn't the only factor.

To the OP, didn't you used to be a 5w6? Aeren't fives the types who usually don't enjoy socializing?

If it had to be type related, 4 5 and 9. But it’s best not to be said in that way. Everyone has their own psychological issues to face and it’s not real if you just project it onto everyone using a common reference. It’s how mistypes happen everywhere.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it had to be type related, 4 5 and 9. But it’s best not to be said in that way. Everyone has their own psychological issues to face and it’s not real if you just project it onto everyone using a common reference. It’s how mistypes happen everywhere.

Sounds to me like what you're saying is that it is type related but that what we shouldn't say it because it might confuse people.

Couldn't you say the same thing about unhealthy traits of any type? I mean noone is saying you should type yourself based on this so I'm not sure where the problem is, lol.

Actually, you misunderstood the OP: they're not asking whether this is type related, but if other ones have the same problem and if so how did they handle it. There is quite a difference there...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds to me like what you're saying is that it is type related but that what we shouldn't say it because it might confuse people.

Couldn't you say the same thing about unhealthy traits of any type? I mean noone is saying you should type yourself based on this so I'm not sure where the problem is, lol.

Actually, you misunderstood the OP: they're not asking whether this is type related, but if other ones have the same problem and if so how did they handle it. There is quite a difference there...

Not necessarily. It was me trying to more meet you in the middle if you wanted validity in it. Like “I’m attempting to see from your perspective”

All types can be socially anxious even 8’s. So why try to make it a type 1 exclusive. Do you think it’s insulting to 1’s saying like if you do go unhealthy you got to be socially anxious or else...? (That’s what I mean by typing confusion/mistypes)

please respect that it’s possible to interpret it in a different way. Idk if you’re feeling threatened by me and id like you to address that if you could.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not necessarily. It was me trying to more meet you in the middle if you wanted validity in it. Like “I’m attempting to see from your perspective”

All types can be socially anxious even 8’s. So why try to make it a type 1 exclusive. Do you think it’s insulting to 1’s saying like if you do go unhealthy you got to be socially anxious or else...? (That’s what I mean by typing confusion/mistypes)

please respect that it’s possible to interpret it in a different way. Idk if you’re feeling threatened by me and id like you to address that if you could.

Ok, but I think you're confusing social anxiety with just not wanting to socialize. It isn't clear what is meant by the OP btw.

I am feeling a little threatened because I feel like you were trying to shut down what I was saying, lol. Since you're trying to see value in what I'm saying, and I appreciate that, I'll try and see value in what you're saying: I agree that mental health is not type related, and it's important to point this out. You're making a valid point in this regard, I'm just not sure it's relevant here.

But I don't think there anything wrong with asking questions, espeically since I don't think (though I don't know) if mental health issues are implied. I agree that any type can suffer from social anxiety but I'm not sure if that was what was being asked to begin with.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes. I decided that I was mistyped.

And you are right, I was asking how 1s deal with the issue if they have it, not suggesting that difficulty socializing is related to type 1.