• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Any other Enneagram type Nines out there?

wolfy

awsm
I'm having a real Nineish day today. I didn't sleep very well and today at work I am sluggish and extremely tired. I can't stop yawning and I've nearly fallen asleep several times. My inertia levels are incredibly high - it was an enormous struggle, but I finally managed to get some productive work done.

Do any of you other Nines feel like this from time-to-time? :sleeping:

Not physically. Mentally switching off I do have a problem with.

he's too perfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Don´t grab a Seven. She will forget you as soon as something more exciting comes around.

:wubbie:
Tell me about it...
:cry:

I'm a Nine. Took me forever to figure that out. My friends called me "The Peacemaker" for the longest, but nooo I wanted to be a Four or a Five.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
:wubbie:
Tell me about it...
:cry:

I'm a Nine. Took me forever to figure that out. My friends called me "The Peacemaker" for the longest, but nooo I wanted to be a Four or a Five.

Why five? 3, 4 yes, 7, 8 and 9 are the good ones.

he's too perfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I had always identified with four, but after spending some time with a super-emotional ENFP 7w6 I began to question my own emotionality lol.

The experience made me much more objective and detatched like what is usually attributed to the five, and for a time I even thought I was an INTP, but I realized my objectivity only applied to my most subjective matters and not my world as a whole. (I'm sorry if that is a bit of an incorrect generalization.)

I knew I was at least one of those three in the withdrawn triad (4,5,9), but after all the days of avoiding nine it finally began to make sense. It's a trip.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a strong 9 wing.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew I was at least one of those three in the withdrawn triad (4,5,9), but after all the days of avoiding nine it finally began to make sense. It's a trip.

Yeah, I did pretty much the same thing!:cheese:

wolfy

awsm
Seeing as there is enneagram love moving in a mexican wave across the board I thought I would bump this thread.

Here is some trivia about niners...
* Nine ball is the standard professional pocket billiards variant played in the United States.
* In association football (soccer) the centre-forward/striker traditionally (since at least the fifties) wears the number 9 shirt.
* The car number of the 1988 NASCAR Nextel Cup championship-winning team, when Bill Elliott won the title. He used this number again from 2001 to 2003. Kasey Kahne has driven the 9 car since 2004.
* In baseball, nine represents the right fielder's position.
* The retired uniform numbers of former baseball players Ted Williams and Roger Maris. Reggie Jackson also wore 9 with the Oakland A's for nine years and is now retired.
* The San Francisco 49ers are sometimes referred to as the "niners".
* The number worn by current NBA player Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs, MVP of the 2007 NBA Finals.
* The number worn by Roy Hobbs in the movie The Natural.
* In rugby union, the number generally worn by the scrum half.
* In rugby league, the number generally worn by the hooker.
* The number worn by both Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade in the U.S. Olympics Team.
* Nine Men’s Morris is a European board game known since Roman times.
* In professional ice hockey, number 9 is perhaps best known as the jersey number of Gordie Howe and Maurice Richard, and the number has been retired in their honour by the Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens, respectively.
* 99 is the highest valid jersey number in the NFL

I love being a nine. Repressed anger is a mighty force.

Lightyear

I took the test and normally come out as a 4, 5 or 9 but I am pretty sure I am a 9w1. I am far too emotional to be a 5 and am too cheerful to be the kind of suffering artist that the 4 seems to represent (The 4s I've met seem to complain too much in my opinion while I tend to keep my negative emotions locked up inside myself. > very 9ish)

However while the INFJ description hits almost all the nails on the head for me I am not so sure about parts of the 9 description. For example I have a procrastinative streak but as a general rule I love to get things done... NOW!

I am also not a very confrontational person (too much confrontation and conflict actually make me feel physically sick since I take on the emotions of my environment) but the description makes us sound like total push-overs which I am not.

And the third thing is that the 9 description makes us sound like traditionalists which I am not. I thrive on change and learning new things and meeting new, interesting, slightly off-the-wall people; nothing excites me like walking towards another horizon. (Obama is most likely a 9 and his campaign was built on vision and change!)

Perhaps there is just a really strong influence of the 1 wing but in general my MBTI result just rings much truer than my Ennegram result.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the test and normally come out as a 4, 5 or 9 but I am pretty sure I am a 9w1. I am far too emotional to be a 5 and am too cheerful to be the kind of suffering artist that the 4 seems to represent (The 4s I've met seem to complain too much in my opinion while I tend to keep my negative emotions locked up inside myself. > very 9ish)

However while the INFJ description hits almost all the nails on the head for me I am not so sure about parts of the 9 description. For example I have a procrastinative streak but as a general rule I love to get things done... NOW!

I am also not a very confrontational person (too much confrontation and conflict actually make me feel physically sick since I take on the emotions of my environment) but the description makes us sound like total push-overs which I am not.

And the third thing is that the 9 description makes us sound like traditionalists which I am not. I thrive on change and learning new things and meeting new, interesting, slightly off-the-wall people; nothing excites me like walking towards another horizon. (Obama is most likely a 9 and his campaign was built on vision and change!)

Perhaps there is just a really strong influence of the 1 wing but in general my MBTI result just rings much truer than my Ennegram result.

Hey, when I saw this thread pop up I thought: "Cool! Someone's started a thread on my Ennea-type" - entirely forgetting that it was me who started it back in October! That in itself is a very Nine-ish thing to do (self-forgetting).

Lightyear, I am very much like you in that I am not a traditionalist in the slightest and I love new ideas and interesting people. However, I am very much a creature of habit when it comes to my daily routines and rituals.

As for procrastination: well, if I stay disciplined and get on with a task straight away then my Judging side gets activated and I get a lot done quickly. However, If I don't feel like doing something straight away then my Nineish procrastination may set in and I'll keep putting it off (or forget it entirely) until it suddenly becomes urgent and there's a major panic to get it done.

Also, whoever said Nine's were pushovers, just because we're calm and (mostly) pleasant? We are the core type of the Instinctive Triad and possess an indomitable will when something is important to us. Just try forcing a Nine to do something we don't want to do: it ain't gonna happen! Once we plant our feet down firmly, NOTHING can move us. It's like trying to shift a boulder by pushing on a piece of string. It's very liberating for Nines to discover this inner source of strength; we tend to keep a lot of our considerable power locked away for much of our lives.

The way a person expresses their Enneagram type is strongly infuenced by MBTI type and vice versa, so a strongly Intuitive Nine will have different likes and interests from a Sensing Nine, for example, but the basic Nine patterns will still be there at the core.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hello all, declaring my 9w1 'ness here.

When I first saw the Enneagram circle, I looked at the titles and related immediately to the peacemaker. Not wanting to corrupt the testing, I didn't read any further but did the official test and lo, a 9 wing, no shocker there.

Could've saved meself a few bucks. ;)

I want to write more about this but will think a bit more first. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, apparently I’m actually a 6 or something