• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] The difference between e2 and e3

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not necessarily. I have been in this situation many times at work.

I am helpful not because I have a need to be appreciated in terms of love, I am helpful because I want to rise above the rest -- to be the first guy in people's minds if they need someone to get the job done swiftly and competently.

But this has its drawbacks -- when I'm very busy with my own projects, something almost always goes wrong, and I am the go-to guy whenever that happens. They'll look for me to help them solve whatever problems they have, and more often than not I'll just drop whatever I'm doing, to solve it. That feeling when something is done or solved because of your competence/capabilities, and they affirm that with positive words, is the best drug in the world.

This is basically the heart of my dillema. My heart triad is the least developed for sure and for me this is all muddy, especially because I am from the start unsure what is my heart fix. Because I don't relate to the dillemas of that triad that much. I started as 583 (triple unfeeling) but I wasn't too pleased with that since I see myself as more noble than profiles suggest. At one point I even turned 8w9 to 1w9 to try different combinations but that didn't work at all when I compared myself with e1 users. What leaves dillema entirely on heart fix.

I think that will go with 3 in the end, that was the fix from the start and this is how I actually test, since I am very ambitious person.

Edit: I wasn't born in Capitalism but Communism and therefore I have a problem with e3 stuff/profiles, which are heavily biased towards Capitalism.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is basically the heart of my dillema. My heart triad is the least developed for sure and for me this is all muddy, especially because I am from the start unsure what is my heart fix. Because I don't relate to the dillemas of that triad that much. I started as 583 (triple unfeeling) but I wasn't too pleased with that since I see myself as more noble than profiles suggest. At one point I even turned 8w9 to 1w9 to try different combinations but that didn't work at all when I compared myself with e1 users. What leaves dillema entirely on heart fix.

I think that will go with 3 in the end, that was the fix from the start and this is how I actually test, since I am very ambitious person.

Edit: I wasn't born in Capitalism but Communism and therefore I have a problem with e3 stuff/profiles, which are heavily biased towards Capitalism.

Chances are you are e3. I love to help others because they see me as an expert in something or see a certain value in me. But if I don't think I can competently finish something, I back away or back out of it before I get in too deep...

E3 isn't about ambition but about the IDEAL image the user wants to project and sees his or her value in so the image of success is subjective based on the person. I know for me, I desire to be seen as knowledgeable, competent, attractive but I am not so huge on showing off material success.

I sense that for your brand of success and image, you want people to see you as masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent (the fixation on being an 8). I am not saying that you don't like helping others for its own sake, but knowing that you can help others puts you in a more dominant position and gives you a chance to show others how intelligent you are... in a way, it validates the image you want to project... rather from a stance of gaining acceptance and love from others (e2).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Chances are you are e3. I love to help others because they see me as an expert in something or see a certain value in me. But if I don't think I can competently finish something, I back away or back out of it before I get in too deep...

E3 isn't about ambition but about the IDEAL image the user wants to project and sees his or her value in so the image of success is subjective based on the person. I know for me, I desire to be seen as knowledgeable, competent, attractive but I am not so huge on showing off material success.

I sense that for your brand of success and image, you want people to see you as masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent (the fixation on being an 8). I am not saying that you don't like helping others for its own sake, but knowing that you can help others puts you in a more dominant position and gives you a chance to show others how intelligent you are... in a way, it validates the image you want to project... rather from a stance of gaining acceptance and love from others (e2).

That is the problem, I don't really want to be seen as "masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent", I want to be "masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent". What in my book isn't exactly the same.
However this can be blamed on the fact that my heart fix is the least developed one. The problem is that I relate to 582 on the basis that it is "triple unloved" and profile hit very close to home in a few elements. The thing is that I would actually like to have a 2 fix and therefore I do 2ish stuff, since I am too much digged into my shell and I am digging myself out of it.

The 835, 358 and 538 tritypes struggle with sensitivity the most

On the other hand the list of reasons why I should have a 3 fix is very long.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is the problem, I don't really want to be seen as "masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent", I want to be "masculine, dominant, powerful, intelligent". What in my book isn't exactly the same.
However this can be blamed on the fact that my heart fix is the least developed one. The problem is that I relate to 582 on the basis that it is "triple unloved" and profile hit very close to home in a few elements. The thing is that I would actually like to have a 2 fix and therefore I do 2ish stuff, since I am too much digged into my shell and I am digging myself out of it.

On the other hand the list of reasons why I should have a 3 fix is very long.

Ok, 3s want to BE that image so they work towards that ideal but deep down they also usually want others to SEE that image too (hence, "The Performer" title). It's all really semantics at this point. YOU ARE A 3 FIX.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok, 3s want to BE that image so they work towards that ideal but deep down they also usually want others to SEE that image too (hence, "The Performer" title). It's all really semantics at this point. YOU ARE A 3 FIX.

I know. :D

(my last test)

type score type behavior motivation
5 23 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 22 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
3 18 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

It is just that this lacks "juice". But that is another issue I suppose, since it doesn't belong into this thread.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know. :D

(my last test)

type score type behavior motivation
5 23 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 22 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
3 18 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

It is just that this lacks "juice". But that is another issue I suppose, since it doesn't belong into this thread.

With this I basically came where I was at the start and I started to explore exactly because this wasn't good enough/right. Therefore I will do what I already did long time ago and say that I am 513 and that the 8 thing is comming from integration. What is much better explanation, one number simply has to be superego based in my case. Especially since here you again have the problem of culture, and that is that I was born when my country had Communism or worse and therefore I lack the Christian moralisations that are all over the profiles of e1. After all it is easy to mix 258 and 135 types since they are made of same elements, which are simply scattered differently through the tritype.

This actually sounds alot like me

5-1-3: exacting, methodical, organized and fairly self-righteous, these Fives have a compulsive need for logic and order in their environment. They are hard-working and more practical and pragmatic than other Fives, focusing on the efficiency and improvement of the systems that interest them. They also enjoy and expect receiving the deserved recognition for their efforts, considering their time and involvement very precious. This tritype is one of the most cool-headed, rigid and self-controlled.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-1, 3-5-1, 1-5-3
flavours: exigent, methodical, formal and efficient

And I need to stop thinking about this since I am starting to run in circles. I got the general picture of myself right for sure.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always used to struggle with whether I was a 3w2 or a 2w3. One thing that helped me was asking myself the question, "Would I rather be envied or loved?" I would rather be envied, erego 3w2. This is probably very reductionist but it's what helped me figure it out!

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always used to struggle with whether I was a 3w2 or a 2w3. One thing that helped me was asking myself the question, "Would I rather be envied or loved?" I would rather be envied, erego 3w2. This is probably very reductionist but it's what helped me figure it out!

Ive also been trying to figure out if I am a 2w3 or 3w2 myself and that question just helped me figure it out. Id rather be loved than enived both are good in my book so Ill put in 2w3 for now. :)

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know some twos and threes. Twos want to be needed more than anything while Threes are more about being a success in all things. Threes are more selfish too, if you judge the twos and threes I've known. My dad is a 3w4 and very self-absorbed. My sister is a 2w3 and she is more other-oriented.

yeghor

For me these two types were always unclear and I have a problem defining what is which type. Especially since I don't relate to heart triad and their problems that much.
To me 2w3 and 3w2 can look like twins, while 2w1 and 3w4 can also seem similar from what I see.

So I will start with questions about thoughts on the issue.

1. How do you tell the difference between a 3 and ambitious 2 ?
2. How to tell the difference between a 3 and 2 that wants to suck in money and resources as much as possible in order that he/she can help more people ?
3. Does 3 only need to look successful or there is actual need to trully be successful ?
4. Who is likely to be a bigger control freak ? Why ?
5. Is there a observable difference in how both types seduce people ? (sexually and mentally)
6. Are 2s more noble than 3s ?
7. Do you see any noticable differences in both types regarding the split in gender ?
8. What both types expect or give in the terms of romance/dating ?
9. Do both types often pretend that they are the other type ? (because that benefits them)

How do you tell those two apert ? :)
My understanding is E3s are Fe-doms (ExFJ) and E2s are Fe-aux (IxFJs).

1-As above
2-E3 is more extraverted, popular and can appeal to masses, E2 is more like a low-key charity worker, who silently works and gets the job done in the background, much like Cinderella.

3-E3 needs to be popular
4-E3 because they are extraverted
5-I don't think E2s seduce people, people seduce them.
6-E2s are more selfless than E3s so can be considered more noble. Most Victorian era romance novels have E2s in them as protagonists.
7-E3s are more likely to be women as I associate them with Fe-doms whereas E2s might contain some IXFJ men.
8-E3s being adored, admired, almost worshipped daily. E2s care and nurture.
9-I have no idea about this but it sounds more like Se or Ne chameleon attitude to me.