• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The 7 Depression Thread

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
LOL this thread is taking a typical 7 turn. Typical 7 fashion. We are so 7

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but it's not easy.

Need to be grounded... find methods. The contrary of flighty.

But there is a good piece of news : :pinkcuffs:we can keep on being flirty !

It would be very interesting to know what 7 or other types have found to be more grounded.

Then I'll tell you my little secrets ...

Alcohol, drugs, cigaret, medecine, are not the answer I'm expecting. I mean here ... real methods and serious works on self (alone or with others, intellectual or physical).

Whatever works to make you feel better with yourself and your surrounding, to Maintain/gain a good level of self-control and/or self-confidence.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I have observed, 7's are the most proficient at hiding negative feelings from others. Which is bad because the no one can help if it isn't seen. I've never really been able to help 7's much when they are down, but that's largely because I am their disnetegration point (much like how 4's can't help me much in those regards).

That is why I keep the number of my therapist...Moreover I have absolutely no intention to sleep with him. Which is a very good thing to improve and dig a brand new tunnel of glittering consciousness :imok:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The bodybuilder 8 is no more smart.

I'm not. I'm just making a point.

It is courageous to make a point for a 7. So no one wanna share their secrets to feel more grounded ?

It is a real 7 thread....we dropped around 10 or + messages in 15 minutes LOL

Without counting the prizes !!! :whistling:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Grounded? What is the ground? Do you mean the sky? To feel more skied? More sky? Closer to sky? What ground?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is "guided" one of our key words ? :puppy_dog_eyes:
Hard to find someone trustworthy when you are anxious about your own freedom and much more:blush:

I will clarify: Guided is a key word, not to me, but it is a distinction separate from control that would do a 7 good to recognize. I don't seek to control anyone. I do seek to push someone in the right direction.

Ever been in a canoe? The person in the back steers while the person in the front is the engine. I think a 7 can be consumed with trying to master both roles and fail - go in circles.

Let someone else steer but the 7 will always control speed and can stop at anytime by not paddling. Hard to explain. But if I am steering I am only setting the course, but only because the 7 is stuck themselves.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Are any other 7s allergic to sad? Cannot be sad? I literally cannot experience sad, I mean I can but I just immediately escape it or reframe it. I cannot experience a sad thought for what it is. I cannot feel it. I just immmediately start thinking of happy good positive smiley happy flying joy thoughts~~~! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why are you depressed? Is it boredom? Lack of stimulation?

Just like [MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION] said, it isn't easy to keep away from the pain. Even when I'm having the time of my life, there is this internal feeling, that seems to come from my heart, that reminds me ever so slightly, that what I fear in myself, is still there, and whatever fun I am presently having isn't solving anything. It's a forever lingering feeling that I am only masking the pain, trying to drown it out. The productive thing would be to face it head on and to clear it from yourself once and for all, but knowing myself, the second I start to go back to that negative place, it's a very slippery slope that is very hard for me to pull myself out from, so instead of attempting to solve anything, I bandage the wounds through extravagance, trips, distractions of any kind.

Why am I depressed? Funny you should mention stimulation. I think in trying to mask this inner pain, and by keeping myself busy, I find the side benefit of mental stimulation and growth. So part of my exuberance for new adventures and living life completely, is in mitigating the pain, but also seeking to grow your potential and expand your perspectives on life. it really is kind of a two-part rationale in that sense.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I was depressed during highschool. It was definitely the darkest time of my life.

I deal with these emotions to this day in various yet opposing ways.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A depressed 7 is one of the saddest sights ever with the constant chasing your own tail thing. :(

Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Starry

Are any other 7s allergic to sad? Cannot be sad? I literally cannot experience sad, I mean I can but I just immediately escape it or reframe it. I cannot experience a sad thought for what it is. I cannot feel it. I just immmediately start thinking of happy good positive smiley happy flying joy thoughts~~~! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm not sure if you could be so obviously not a 7 if you tried (if you wish to mascarade as a 7 then you are going to have to recognize that 7s don't *try* to avoid pain and sadness in this contrived caricature of a way you describe.)

Your true type is not difficult to decipher at all. Your personality is offensive...your retorts are ridiculous as all you can do is try and grasp for the most hideous straw. You are an unhealthy Fe using 6w5cp...either eSFJ or eSTP...leaning eSTP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I'm not sure if you could be so obviously not a 7 if you tried (if you wish to mascarade as a 7 then you are going to have to recognize that 7s don't *try* to avoid pain and sadness in this contrived caricature of a way you describe.)

Your true type is not difficult to decipher at all. Your personality it offensive...your retorts are ridiculous as all you can do is try and grasp for the most hideous straw. You are an unhealthy Fe using 6w5cp...either eSFJ or eSTP...leaning eSTP.

Oh, I absolutely agree that I'm offensive, hideous, piece of shit, human waste, garbage, public defecator, etc etc - but what does that have to do with type? Surely, you aren't saying those things are type related?

Anyway, if you are going to convince me I'm a different type you're going to try a hell of a lot harder. Just because you have a personal issue with me doesn't mean I'm mistyped, dahling. <3

Oh, I see you put my quote in your signature! That's so sweet! I decided your quotes weren't worth the signature space, but you kept mine in anyway! Aw <3

By the way, since you're into "facts", I thought you might want to know that it's not "mascarade" but masquerade. We aren't talking about mascara, here.

Starry

Oh, I absolutely agree that I'm offensive, hideous, piece of shit, human waste, garbage, public defecator, etc etc - but what does that have to do with type? Surely, you aren't saying those things are type related?

Anyway, if you are going to convince me I'm a different type you're going to try a hell of a lot harder. Just because you have a personal issue with me doesn't mean I'm mistyped, dahling. <3

Oh, I see you put my quote in your signature! That's so sweet! I decided your quotes weren't worth the signature space, but you kept mine in anyway! Aw <3

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I'm merely stating the obvious for others to consider.