• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Does Beauty fill you up with sadness?

Lark

Hmm, maybe, unrequited love makes me sad, so, I guess yeah, now and again, over the years.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Beauty makes me feel all sorts of ways I cannot describe. Yay beauty.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beauty no. But evanescence of beauty does.

To me, evanescence of something beautiful is another kind of beauty in itself. (Mono no aware.)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it's manufactured, it doesn't bring sadness in me upon seeing it. But when it's accidental.. when it shows me what the other side of the world that I've been hiding away from.. such as kindness and real love, then yes, it does make me feel bittersweet. Having lived with depression myself for a number of years, I know that there's no beauty in sadness as a whole. I can't help but be moved to tears when someone goes out of their way to truly, deeply, understand me, because it just doesn't happen often. People take one look at me and let labels define who I am and that I should be treated accordingly, and it fires me up on the inside because it just shows callous laziness when they do it. They see me laughing, and I'm someone I shouldn't be taken seriously. They see me at my worst, and I'm unstable and shouldn't be trusted. I can't win.

This just got kind of personal kind of quickly, so I'll just stop here.