• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Mbti/socionics compatibility

gromsir

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I often see people doubting about the possibility for feelers in general to be 8 especially for Fe and Ni/Fe users. I'm an INFJ 8. Off course I don't look like an Se dominant 8, who unselfconsiusly impose himself against other. I'm more hidden then that . INFJ 8 take controle of his emotional environement. I tend to know what people think and feel. My weakness is to be extremly influanced by thoses around me so in order to not be influanced I hide myself, sometimes by being very introverted and sometimes by being very extroverted. The point his just that you won"t see what is inside. I share who I'm very slowly and only if I've learned how you will respond to me. The more I know how you react, the more I show to you, the more i can act freely. And the more I can act, the more impact i can have ETC

Se dom with Ni inferior is naturaly fully engaged and imposing himself in the present moment. They have natural power, but if they want to keep this power they have to grow to NI. They have to learn to see in a more longer terms and to hold a little bite their own strenght. If they don't learn this they just destroy everything and everyone around them whithout even knowing it and end up alone against the entire earth who will finally destroy them. This is the typical 8 description.
Ni dom with Se inferior is the contrary. Ni is like a neantic whirlwind of thoughts who need to find somwhere to land. INTJ/INFJ 8 really bring their Ni or vision in the real world. They kind of take controle of their world and transformed it by having observed enough how things where working.
What caracterise 8 is their aggressive stance toward the world but if certain eight express their aggressivity, some others don't and this is not more aggressive to immidiatly react to a limitation by asserting yourself than it is to stay calm with conquest plan in the head.

So, please tell me if you think that 8 is incompatible with certain mbti type and why. Does what I've said make any sens to you ?

á´…eparted

passages
Every mbti/enneagram combination is possible. Some are just less common than others. Indeed an INFJ 8 would be quite rare, and I am going to doubt the claim of the individual until it's proven, but they can exist.

gromsir

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
from timeless description of type 8 :

IX. Enneagram and MBTI Interaction
The Enneagram describes motivations, while the MBTI describes modes of information processing. It would stand to reason that MBTI is subordinate to Enneagram, as the Enneagram deals with more basic motivations. Imagine that two people want to tell the same story, but one is a writer and one is a musician. One will write a book while the other will write a song but both have the same origin point. So let’s look at each type and how that form of information processing would appear when directed by the primary survival motivation of Type Eight:

Extroverted Sensation Types (ESTP and ESFP) Extroverted Sensation is associated with a strong connection to the “present moment” and places an emphasis on practicality in life. The first factor makes a Type Eight ESxP probably one of the more physically imposing type combinations. The second means that ESxP Eights are usually very decisive, and in some cases they can be confused with ESxJs.

Extroverted Intuition Types (ENTP and ENFP) Extroverted Intuition is essentially the opposite of Extroverted Sensing: instead of focusing on present information, Extroverted Intuition brainstorms a myriad number of possibilities that may or may not be true. Extroverted Intuition types tend to be quick on their feet – mentally speaking – and Type Eight ENxPs rely on that ability for survival. Much of an ENxP Eight’s mental energy, therefore, is devoted to maintaining that competitive edge. Compare and contrast: ESxP – Boxing – American fighting sport that is generally won through overwhelming force and agility. ENxP – Akidio – Japanese martial art in which practitioners manipulate the force of their opponent’s attack and turn it against the opponent.

Extroverted Thinking Types (ENTJ, ESTJ) Extroverted Thinking breaks a process down into its logical components. ExTJ Eights use that ability to break down a situation to assert control over others. They are the most likely to employ a “divide and conquer” type attack. Contrast ExTJ and ENxP. The first group wants to break down the enemy and consume it piece by piece; the latter wants to overtake the enemy by outperforming it.

Extroverted Feeling Types (ENFJ, ESFJ) Extroverted Feeling refers to an awareness of the emotions or hidden beliefs of another, but does not necessarily imply that an Fe-dominant person must bend to those emotions. This means that Extroverted Feeling types often have a unique insight into the intentions of others. ExFJ Eights are particularly adept at finding “weak spots” in other people’s emotional armor. I

ntroverted Sensation Types (ISTJ, ISFJ) Introverted Sensation types tend to use their experience to guide them; Si dominant Type Eights may be overly focused on setting out rules and holding people to them.

Introverted Intuition Types (INTJ, INFJ) Ni-Dominant types tend to have brilliant insights into “what’s going on”, although they do so in different ways.

INTJ Eights rely on their innate ability to determine what’s “out of order” and respond accordingly. INTJ Eights tend to be planners. Contrast this with their opposite, ESTP: an ESTP is likely to jump right into the fight, while an INTJ will observe and plan ahead. INFJ Eights, as they couple their Ni with Fe, have a startling intuition into other people and will use it to their advantage in a conflict. This is the type that probably finds it the easiest to navigate difficult social groups.

Introverted Thinking Types (INTP, ISTP) Ti dominant types enhance their survival value by spotting inconsistencies in the behaviors of others and acting on them Contrast this with INTP/ISTP Type Five – instead of planning, they are more likely to just act.

Introverted Feeling Types (INFP, ISFP)Fi dominant Eights tend to act instinctively and can develop an arrogant attitude in the pursuit of their goals. They may see themselves as so fundamentally correct that understanding the position of others isn’t useful. Contrary to popular belief, Fi plus Enneagram Eight does not make a touchy-feely Enneagram Eight.

gromsir

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Hard here is what want to reply to what you've said :
You say that an INFJ 8 would be quite rare. I aggree that if you look for people fitting well in the typical 8s portrait and being also INFJ you won't find many people. I think this is just that the enneagram fail to describe the multiple form that a quest for power can take. Maybe there is a lot of 8 infj, enfj, infp ... who just don"t fit the description. I m more concerned about being stronger then perpetual existential crisis i'm thrown into than I'm with fitting with those around me. Unlike a 4 I don't cultivate fantastical world while forgeting reality. If I start fantasizing I tend to think that's because I don"t live fully enough. Unlike a 5 I'm not detached and don't value detachment. Ideas means nothing until they haven"t been tested in the world. I want to know just enough to be able to live. Has a 854 or 845 I alternate beetween persiod of isolation, introspection and reflexion wich are immidiatly followed by intense implication in the world, with life, to test what I have discover.