• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] 2w1 vs 2w3

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All that I've read on the internet about 2w1 and 2w3 has left me as confused as ever. I seem to be both.

Does anyone have advice about how to tell the difference between which wing a 2 leans toward more?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All that I've read on the internet about 2w1 and 2w3 has left me as confused as ever. I seem to be both.

Does anyone have advice about how to tell the difference between which wing a 2 leans toward more?

Welcome fellow ENFJ to TypC!!!! :yay: the more the merrier :party2: we have many active for awhile...

Can you share why you feel are a e2 and what you feel about wings?

If you have already read a bunch, it might be easier to go about it this way....

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear fellow ENFJ in search of peace, thank you so much for your warm welcome! How delightful. ^^ And thank you for your reply.

Can you share why you feel are a e2

I'm certain that I'm an e2, because my main concern in life is helping others.. and giving out of compassion is ingrained in my nature.

and what you feel about wings?

My difficulty seems to have been resolved. A few days ago, I purchased a full-length test and the description of types 1 and 3 were so clear and comprehensive, I realized I surely lean more toward wing 1 (although I scored high with both wings).

Below, I paraphrased a few points from the enneagram descriptions that I identify with:

Wing 1:
- Truth takes precedence in my life and I have a passion for truth to be heard.

- I strive to let my life be guided by spiritual principles and conscience and I have a strong sense of morality.

- My commitment to the highest values often moves and inspires others.

Wing 3:
- I invest time and energy in developing my talents and want to offer those talents to the world and be successful (but this ambition does not drive me as much as wing 1 does)

- I also enjoy helping others learn how to be the best they can be.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
If you feel so strongly connected to 1 you are probably a 2w1. I've heard that people can have have attributed of both wings but leaning mostly towards one of them. Eventually one of those wings will win over if one feels natural/fluid/happier in it.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
2w1 help people because it's the morally correct thing to do. 2w3 help people if it helps their image.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear fellow ENFJ in search of peace, thank you so much for your warm welcome! How delightful. ^^ And thank you for your reply.

I'm certain that I'm an e2, because my main concern in life is helping others.. and giving out of compassion is ingrained in my nature.

My difficulty seems to have been resolved. A few days ago, I purchased a full-length test and the description of types 1 and 3 were so clear and comprehensive, I realized I surely lean more toward wing 1 (although I scored high with both wings).

Below, I paraphrased a few points from the enneagram descriptions that I identify with:

Wing 1:
- Truth takes precedence in my life and I have a passion for truth to be heard.

- I strive to let my life be guided by spiritual principles and conscience and I have a strong sense of morality.

- My commitment to the highest values often moves and inspires others.

Wing 3:
- I invest time and energy in developing my talents and want to offer those talents to the world and be successful (but this ambition does not drive me as much as wing 1 does)

- I also enjoy helping others learn how to be the best they can be.

I asked in part because I have been questioning my tritype, which I believe is 964. I originally thought it was 694, but I received some help seeing the 9ness in me. Now I wonder if the 6 was merely representative of being a 9 in disintegration and if I really have a 7 head fix. Which in turn leads me to question my heart fix. Many ENFJs are 2s, but I am unsure if that fits me or not, so that is why I asked, if that makes sense.

I do relate to the points you raised about the e2 wings...... hmmm..... more crap to figure out.....

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2w1 help people because it's the morally correct thing to do. 2w3 help people if it helps their image.

Thank you for the tip. That fits in with my conclusion of being wing1.

The majority of the time I give either out of compassion or moral obligation. Only occassionally do I give out of underlying self-serving motive.

Last edited: