• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] ESTPs: Is it even possible to be a Type 4w5?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I recently tested as a 4w5...which is known for being extremely moody, introverted and prone to doubting themselves because they doubt the very foundation of their identity and reality.

However, my MBTI is an ESTP, which is a type typically known for its bravado and self-assured confidence.

Is this even possible??

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I don't believe any type is literally impossible, it makes sense that a combination would be less likely the more contradictory it is. In this case, both types deserve a very close second look.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Impossible? No.
Improbable? Possibly.

Reflect on your mental health. Anxiety, depression, etc and how much they may be affecting you.
If minimally, congrats, you're a super rare ESTP 4w5.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. You are a very unique and special snowflake. :saturned:

I think I saw somewhere that you were slightly concerned with your mental health. It's worth looking into.

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's very possible. I'm a 4w5, and I'm only moody when I have reason to be, same as anyone else. As for self-confidence, I may have my moments, but most of the time I think I'm really rather full of myself. The only time I've been lacking in self confidence was when I was depressed (it was situational, not clinical). What you describe is the unhealthy 4. Ultimately, you're the only one that can know if you're really one type or another inside. Don't let the stereotypes sway you. Just stick to the literature and what you know about yourself. :)

As for the introversion, ennegram and mbti seem to describe it differently. 4w5s look inward a lot, to see who they are and what they think. But whether you get more pumped from hanging out or being alone is a different thing entirely.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Impossible? No.
Improbable? Possibly.

Reflect on your mental health. Anxiety, depression, etc and how much they may be affecting you.
If minimally, congrats, you're a super rare ESTP 4w5.

Yes. You are a very unique and special snowflake. :saturned:

I think I saw somewhere that you were slightly concerned with your mental health. It's worth looking into.

Honestly? I do get pretty anxious and depressed. Probably should have that looked into.

How long ago was this? I might have either been histrionically exaggerating and/or improved since then.

Someone else made a guess that I was actually just a moody 8w7; based on how concerned I've always been with "power" and the ability to defend myself if taken advantage of, then this would make sense. Doesn't explain my RAGING enneagram 5-wing tendencies at times, but this may be due to being a Thinker. Or being mildly autistic; I collect information that interests me.

Cygnus

What factor do you believe most greatly influenced your testing as a 4?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Honestly? I do get pretty anxious and depressed. Probably should have that looked into.

How long ago was this? I might have either been histrionically exaggerating and/or improved since then.

Someone else made a guess that I was actually just a moody 8w7; based on how concerned I've always been with "power" and the ability to defend myself if taken advantage of, then this would make sense. Doesn't explain my RAGING enneagram 5-wing tendencies at times, but this may be due to being a Thinker. Or being mildly autistic; I collect information that interests me.

You may want to look into "8 disintegration".

The idea is that all types are linked to another via paths of stress and growth. Stressed 8s link to 5 and will supposedly take on some 5 traits. An otherwise assertive and grounded type loses their feet, withdraws, and begins to over-intellectualize.

Another type worth considering, could be 1 since their stress type is 4. It's also somewhat uncommon for ESTPs but if it fits, it fits.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The possible types for heart center is 2,3,4. ESTPs are usually stereotyped to be type 3 without wing preferences. ESTPs aren't usually known for being type 4w5.Type 4w5s take a different turn from the stereotype of an ESTPs. Here we have ESTPs that are withdrawn, introverted, and moody as OP said.