• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] YO HELP ME HERE!

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Recently, I discovered that I might be an 8w7 with a strong 7 wing, as opposed to a 7w8, with a strong 8 wing. I seem to resonate more with the 8 side of things, more than the 7 side, but I'm not sure if I am developing a 7 or 8 wing. I would say that I am pretty reasonably developed in both wings, and that I resonate with the definitions/behaviour/motives etc of both 7 and 8 well.

Any thoughts, feedback?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Recently, I discovered that I might be an 8w7 with a strong 7 wing, as opposed to a 7w8, with a strong 8 wing. I seem to resonate more with the 8 side of things, more than the 7 side, but I'm not sure if I am developing a 7 or 8 wing. I would say that I am pretty reasonably developed in both wings, and that I resonate with the definitions/behaviour/motives etc of both 7 and 8 well.

Any thoughts, feedback?

Maybe if you're feeling you have balanced wings, you could look at 6 and 9 and see which you relate more to.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ

Any thoughts, feedback?

How did you discover that you might be 8w7 > 7w8?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe if you're feeling you have balanced wings, you could look at 6 and 9 and see which you relate more to.

Hm.. I had a look, and to be honest, I don't overly resonate with either's motives. I resonate a lot more with the 7 and 8s motives. I also have an inclination to suggest that I may also have 5,4 or 3 as a part of my other enneagram types. I resonate with them a little also.

How did you discover that you might be 8w7 > 7w8?

Through reading more about the enneagram, and relating to the core values/motives of both types a lot.

I found this page about type quirks helpful to help me clarify my type....

Yeah, I had a read, and I am still unsure about 8w7/7w8 to be honest, but it did help clear things up a lot (especially that I am not a 4,6,3,2 or 1 core xD)

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hm.. I had a look, and to be honest, I don't overly resonate with either's motives. I resonate a lot more with the 7 and 8s motives. I also have an inclination to suggest that I may also have 5,4 or 3 as a part of my other enneagram types. I resonate with them a little also.

Through reading more about the enneagram, and relating to the core values/motives of both types a lot.

Yeah, I had a read, and I am still unsure about 8w7/7w8 to be honest, but it did help clear things up a lot (especially that I am not a 4,6,3,2 or 1 core xD)

You've got 7w8 and 8w7, and you certainly seem sx/so so I agree with that. I don't get the sense that you have E5 or E4 in your tritype, but but that's also a very superficial assessment which I'm basing on your profile photo, signature, header, and your writing style. Anyway, based just on those things I get a 3w2 vibe. I don't know if you've considered 3w2, 7w8, 8w7 or 7w8, 3w2, 8w7.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You've got 7w8 and 8w7, and you certainly seem sx/so so I agree with that. I don't get the sense that you have E5 or E4 in your tritype, but but that's also a very superficial assessment which I'm basing on your profile photo, signature, header, and your writing style. Anyway, based just on those things I get a 3w2 vibe. I don't know if you've considered 3w2, 7w8, 8w7 or 7w8, 3w2, 8w7.

Thank your for your reply.

I have always considered 3w4, and never 3w2, but reading up on it, I think it would make more sense within my tritype than 3w4 would. I agree a lot more with that, than 3w4, but not as an actual core type. I get 8 a lot, but I also get 7. This is what is making this so difficult for me. Personally, I have no need for security like 6s do. Imo, Security comes and goes all the time. No-one's wealth and home will be secure forever, so I see no point in wasting time on a false sense of security, and I do like material goods, but I don't see them as a source of happiness either.

Yes, in a sense I want power. But I want it on my terms. I can be a very territorial person sometimes. I have been told that I am brutally honest, but charming at the same time. I can be incredibly aggressive, impulsive, argue a lot and wreck things, but I have a good head on me. I want to be a leader, but I don't care about image. I have goals, and I try impliment them as best as I can, and as independently. I will respect you if you respect me, if you don't, I won't. I don't fear things. I always know nothing bad is going to happen. I have a grip on reality as well as my visions. I have common sense, and enjoy music. I used to go the gym, but I got busy. Now I need to go back, lol. I need to exercize more and release all this pent up negative energy.

I try not to get stressed. Under stress, I am horrible. I am super violent, and unapproachable. No-one can talk to me. When people annoy me in stress mode, they know about it. I try to be open and easy to get along with most of the time, and sometimes can even be hyper, but I dislike that side of me. I try to think things through as best as I can, and get what I want, but under stress that fails miserably. I hate feelings too.

Um.. that's all really.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ

I have always considered 3w4, and never 3w2, but reading up on it, I think it would make more sense within my tritype than 3w4 would. I agree a lot more with that, than 3w4, but not as an actual core type. I get 8 a lot, but I also get 7. This is what is making this so difficult for me. Personally, I have no need for security like 6s do. Imo, Security comes and goes all the time. No-one's wealth and home will be secure forever, so I see no point in wasting time on a false sense of security, and I do like material goods, but I don't see them as a source of happiness either.

Yes, in a sense I want power. But I want it on my terms. I can be a very territorial person sometimes. I have been told that I am brutally honest, but charming at the same time. I can be incredibly aggressive, impulsive, argue a lot and wreck things, but I have a good head on me. I want to be a leader, but I don't care about image. I have goals, and I try impliment them as best as I can, and as independently. I will respect you if you respect me, if you don't, I won't. I don't fear things. I always know nothing bad is going to happen. I have a grip on reality as well as my visions. I have common sense, and enjoy music. I used to go the gym, but I got busy. Now I need to go back, lol. I need to exercize more and release all this pent up negative energy.

I try not to get stressed. Under stress, I am horrible. I am super violent, and unapproachable. No-one can talk to me. When people annoy me in stress mode, they know about it. I try to be open and easy to get along with most of the time, and sometimes can even be hyper, but I dislike that side of me. I try to think things through as best as I can, and get what I want, but under stress that fails miserably. I hate feelings too.

Um.. that's all really.

I think sx/so can sometimes make it trickier; it brings a broader, but contradictory, energy. Have you considered 8w9? Do you know your MBTI type?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think sx/so can sometimes make it trickier; it brings a broader, but contradictory, energy. Have you considered 8w9? Do you know your MBTI type?

Yeah, I know. Sometimes sx/so people can come across as super intense, which makes them seem more like 7/8s. Especially unhealthy ones.

Nope. It doesn't seem like me.

I've been every MBTI type at least once, from people's opinions.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I know. Sometimes sx/so people can come across as super intense, which makes them seem more like 7/8s. Especially unhealthy ones.

Nope. It doesn't seem like me.

I've been every MBTI type at least once, from people's opinions.

On forums, or IRL? Who are the people?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
People on Personality Cafe, and even some people here. Guess it's an indication of high Fe?

I'm not sure what it's an indication of. Mistypings are pretty common, though, and it can sometimes happen when moving from one typing system to another.

Again, just a superficial assessment on my part, but you do seem extraverted.

"Brutally honest" isn't what I'd consider an Fe-dom trait, but that doesn't mean you don't have Fe in a different position. For example, I am capable of being brutally honest, but my being so depends on certain factors. Honesty is easy, but brutal honesty comes only with the asking; I require an explicit request, and from a close friend. Other than that, the only other time I'm brutally honest is if I'm pissed or fed up to the point I don't feel the other person(s) deserves any Fe diplomacy.

I know you've considered every type, but which were your top two or three?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ

Um.. that's all really.

From this post, I am seeing EXTX. Also, there's more S than N, and I just don't get much J, but E8's just come off as more J than P. You seem like a doer to me, and you go after results. EXTP could be a potential fit, and you'd still have Fe in there.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Why did you delete your post? I wasn't intimidated and I think it could have been helpful w/r/t determining your Enneagram typing if you hadn't removed it. In any event, I did say that my assessment was a superficial one and based on what you posted in this thread.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why did you delete your post? I wasn't intimidated and I think it could have been helpful w/r/t determining your Enneagram typing if you hadn't removed it. In any event, I did say that my assessment was a superficial one and based on what you posted in this thread.

I accidentally deleted it, sorry. I was on the glitched mobile version, and I accidentally hit delete. It's my fault. I don't know how to use it, or get it back. I never done it intentionally btw. I was kicking myself afterwards, and thought I had saved it on my Notepad app.

ALSO, done an enneagram test: Screenshot by Lightshot