• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Another view on the 8

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea well that then puts the whole enneagram test in question for me, if it is only about the negatives. I admit I havent read the other types.

I see you have made up your mind about this, so I wont invest too much time into this.

I just wanted to underline that what I am trying to do here, is to put up a finer understanding of this type, so it does not get compared to Te-ness or Bill Gates all the time.

If you think it is that simple, like presented on the wiki side, works for me, I dont...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Anyway I thought about my last post and I am sorry, did not want to insult you. It is just a hard time, when you are to be faced with any consequences at all and you have to accept that within the limitations of the context, you are not allowed to overstep your boundaries. Everything else would be building something new, out of a simple test.

Gosh I again forgot the word "insult". That like happened the fifth time in one week now xD

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
@ Xander

Guess my usage of the word wasn´t right. I mean the assertive group expands their egos, they make it bigger when faced with stress. Withdrawn types fit introverts better, because they tend to withdraw under stress. Though not all introverts are withdrawn types. There are a lot introverts who are Ones or Sixes and some Twos.

Fives have a line to Eight and are very good to hold their ground when pressed. Nines are the kings and queens of stubborn resistance. Nevertheless both tend to withdraw.
Yeah I guess extroverts do tend to expand first... I was thinking of their response when they take the first wound of such an assault.

Anyhow, so this means that 8s are the "never give up, never surrender" types?

ENTP 8 eh entropie.... I really don't envy your close friends and family :rofl1:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The eight has both pair of those shoes. Do you want me to grab an eight, drag him to this place and show you how eights like to take control? ;) Eights I met and who know the enneagram told me that they can identify with the need to be in control.
You can drag an 8? What's that make you then a super ENTJ 8 who's masquerading as an INFP?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Anyhow, so this means that 8s are the "never give up, never surrender" types?

ENTP 8 eh entropie.... I really don't envy your close friends and family :rofl1:

Yes but this definitly means too that the cause does not have to be worthless. I cant argue with delphine, if she for example only wants to remind me of the limitations of the enneagram test, while I overstepped the boundaries from the start on. On the other hand, it is pointless to have an arguement about it then, when the rules to the arguement are meant to overstep your boundaries.

I once had in my life such a close friend, I would say "never give up, never surrender". I so talked him to death that he in the end gave up on me. I guess that was the best for us all. Although I never really understood why he did it.

If I am ever to have childs, I am going to be a terrible father :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey, I may be a five, but I'm not that greedy.

I just want your blood, sweat, and tears, and all the time in the world.

Entropie: Don't have kids. If you manage to restrain yourself, you will be a credit to your species.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Entropie: Don't have kids. If you manage to restrain yourself, you will be a credit to your species.

Bet you are right xD. With my possible girlfriend most likely to be iNFj and her most likely to have the dominant genes, my child will be:

iNTj

Guess I need too have to shoot it then on the open field xD

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
@ Entropie

I don´t feel insulted.

Yea well that then puts the whole enneagram test in question for me, if it is only about the negatives.
I wasn´t talking about the enneagram tests and no, it´s not only about the negatives, it´s just more negative than mbti descriptions.

I admit I havent read the other types.
You surely missed a lot of good stuff. Masochism, narcissism, paranoia and so on. There are types who are more oriented towards the positive, whereas some types are really thrilled if a description has a pathologic flavor.

If you think it is that simple, like presented on the wiki side, works for me, I dont...
It´s not that simple, but it´s not wrong either.
Ego fixation: vengeance
Holy idea: truth
Passion/Vice: excess (lust)
Virtue: innocence
These are some of the basics, but it won´t tell you how an eight comes across.

just wanted to underline that what I am trying to do here, is to put up a finer understanding of this type, so it does not get compared to Te-ness or Bill Gates all the time.
Good idea. Te-dominant eights are the most obvious eights, but not the only ones. By the way, Bill Gates is not an eight. He´s more in the head. Just look at him talking.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Bet you are right xD. With my possible girlfriend most likely to be iNFj and her most likely to have the dominant genes, my child will be:

iNTj

Guess I need too have to shoot it then on the open field xD
INTJ 8.... isn't that like on of Asrael's stable buddies? Or was it the guy who walks fenris.... I forget :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well then ok, I will dig into it.

I just get so repelled, when it comes to medical words like Masochism, narcissism, paranoia. They are all so limitating and can bring a wrong impression of an individual that would be by then compaired to a whole bunch of paranoid people for example. But I do get the point that is behind it.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
well then ok, I will dig into it.

I just get so repelled, when it comes to medical words like Masochism, narcissism, paranoia. They are all so limitating and can bring a wrong impression of an individual that would be by then compaired to a whole bunch of paranoid people for example. But I do get the point that is behind it.
You talkin to me? :thelook:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is good stuff. I hadn't logged in to the MBTI for a few days.

I was in a miserable mood this night (still continues) for losing all of the jobs I had been going for. I ranted on my gf, "this subjective assessment in job interviews is utter shit." etc. In my head I knew competition, together with get-along-with-ism would be my kind of game.

Yes I regretted today a lot that I'm not being liked. Usually I shrug it off completely - but if someone's winning me on those grounds, it becomes terrible. My usual games don't require me to win popularity contests. And yes, I don't really get the core idea of "thinking everyone as potential friends".

Bah. I should go for careers where I can just do my stuff without having anyone subjectively evaluate me, apart from customers.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJ 8.... isn't that like on of Asrael's stable buddies? Or was it the guy who walks fenris.... I forget :D

That I really did not understand :).

---

I had that psychological examination of me once. I had lost my driving license, because I drove drunken, so I needed to undergo a pain-staking psychological evaluation.

The guy gave me a somewhat clean bill of health, because he knew I would not quit the drinking. But then in the end he said something that really knocked my head around. That was something, I would have never expected. He saied: "Do me a favour and do never forget that something that is wrong can not be justified to be right, simply by your passions."

If I think about it from my PoV from today (the incident is like 4 years ago), I just now notice what a brilliant man that was.

Havent lost my driving license since then by the way, got a clean bill of metal xD

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
You can drag an 8? What's that make you then a super ENTJ 8 who's masquerading as an INFP?
I only have to promise them the opportunity for a good fight and they beg me to drag them to this place. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*gg* that sentene you really can bring with that nice sarcastic flavour
---
What should be going on here ? Well...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.

---

xD