• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Inflated numbers of INFx 4s. Let's be honest about it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry this issue bothers you so much but I am confused as to why anybody cares or feels threatened by it. It seems fairly neutral to me, not something to get worried about or bothered by.

because Kullervo is a cp 6w5 , that's why

Kas

Fabula rasa
I saw that the thread was started on 3.04. -->And then I came and increased the numbers even more:devil:

Probably some of us are mistyped. But well... we can't make people to change their type (especcially that knowing somebody in forum is not like knowing what he is really like), so there is rather nothing to do about it. Maybe knowing the system better, mistyped members will understand that the different type fits them better. And if not it's their bussiness.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]

I can read sincerity in your post, and of course people will conform to their category just like they do as goths, punks, etc. There is always an irony in identity in which people tend to feel both the need to be defined as an individual and the need to belong and connect. So in most every walk of life people will find a smaller group that rejects the larger norm and then conform fully to that little group in order to be an individual. This goes way beyond just n00bs on a forum, and each individual has their own journey to find self. You can't force it along the way.

As someone who has been on this forum from the time it was created, I've also noticed patterns with avatars. As far as judging people based on avatars, you should also know that the statue/oil painting of a great man is a common avatar for young men, most often ages 18-late 20's, who tend to be strongly opinionated and at times overly forceful in debates, who tend towards the pitfall of too much rigidity in their thinking. From an MBTI type perspective it is almost always INTJ or INTP men, with the occasional INFJ.

We all have a tendency to subconsciously conform with identity. It isn't something that just happens to the people "out there" who need to be taught a lesson.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps INFx and type 4s have a greater tendency to be interested in typology than other types?

Well, if Facebook is a reliable indicator of this (I don't know if it is), the INFP group there is by far the largest.

Oleni

MBTI Type
INFP
To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself.
Newbie here. I'm going to follow your advice and use a black and white avatar as I always do, haha. I'm just not comfortable using colors, not even in my clothes (since I was like 11 years old), and I don't see why I have to change that just to be seen as a real 4, haha. I'm confused now.

pluviophile

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NFI
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was typed as a 4 but then another test said I was a 6 and another a 9 and now I don't know what I am anymore. I feel like I can relate to all three type profiles. I give up on Enneagrams for now. No, I'm not asking to be typed. I didn't really care what Enneagram I was though, I just took a few tests a while back ago and they all said 4 so I called it a day.

OH!!!! Maybe I'm NOT a 4 since my avatar isn't black and white! :D

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
A field and forum that draw IFs and E4s combine for some amusing confusion...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect INFs of all Enneagram types could be drawn to black and white images because they convey intense emotions in an understated manner. It provides a snapshot into your personality when you are an introverted, quiet personality with deep and intense feelings. It offers people an impression that allows anonymity. I've had this avatar for several years because I like the way she looks into the distance lost in thought because that it basically what I'm like. Some people have told me they don't like the way she is looking away, and I know that implies some anti-social subtext, but that is also true of me. I'm also easily overwhelmed with external senses and emotions, so I find the black and white calming when I look at it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried to break out of 4, so I tried 9, 6, 7, 5 and then 4 just came back with more research, so if you have some very intensive enneagram websites maybe I can be out of the loop. My last decision was 4 vs 8. I don't see myself as an 8 although since last year I'm way more assertive and I stick up for myself haha.

I see black and white images are actually flashier than many color images in my opinion because of what the contrast makes it out to be. I like some black and white photography, but I usually stick with color, it's the 21st century. :p

Yet computer monitors still cannot show all variance of colors visible to the human eye yet. So all of our pictures are limited in color haha.

Which means everyone is a 4. *sarcasm* (unfortunately I had to type that)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am really suspicious of how INFJ and INFP E4s are accumulating on the forum, so I am making my opinion public that more than one person on this forum is mistyped. The stereotypical avatars of the forum's 4s (black and white pictures expressing sadness, or a quandary) are a good example of what I mean, and they are becoming tiresome to view every day. I do not sense much originality; all I see is conformity created by the fear of appearing unlike a 4, and this fear itself is antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).

I should add that the propensity of many TypoC members to be lazy and stereotype newbies fuels this problem. As I have said before, it isn't what somebody says that matters, but how and why they say it. I wish we would collectively make more of an effort not to rush to conclusions, and consider weighing trends against probability.

To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself. It has taken me a long time to see the virtues in that advice, and if I can, you can. I would also ask you not to self type then ask to be typed by somebody else, and urge members not to indulge anybody who does this. Their openness is an illusion: you are simply being asked to confirm ignorance.

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=20944]Cygnus[/MENTION] [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] [MENTION=23832]Obsidius[/MENTION] [MENTION=9627]RobertCalifornia[/MENTION]

I like my avatar.
And so does your mom.
...something something last night in bed something...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like my avatar.
And so does your mom.
...something something last night in bed something...

something something somersault oh there goes your mom something something finicky something something last night in bed something.

I know right??

This is clearly a serious threat to forum stability. To bring more awareness to the situation I think we should adopt Emo poseur awareness avatars.

YtgmDTM.jpg

Can you spot the poseur?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is clearly a serious threat to forum stability. To bring more awareness to the situation I think we should adopt Emo poseur awareness avatars.

YtgmDTM.jpg

Can you spot the poseur?
If we decide to out all the emo poseurs, they will likely be so hurt as to become actually emo (even the little guy on the right
- Butters?)

Kas

Fabula rasa

YtgmDTM.jpg

Can you spot the poseur?

Oh common, the right one is just the only one who has the food. I believe the message is no food=no happiness.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
everyone who is typed as an INFx 4 is actually an SJ counterphobic 6 normie in disguise.

If we decide to out all the emo poseurs, they will likely be so hurt as to become actually emo (even the little guy on the right
- Butters?)

Then they will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh common, the right one is just the only one who has the food. I believe the message is no food=no happiness.

Who taught you people need sustenance? Pfft.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Everyone wants to be unique. The irony amuses me greatly.