User Tag List

First 2101112

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Oh to be e6 or w6 or maybe even just six-ish and give control to the world instead of keeping it for yourself. I don't know how people have patience for the 6 in any form to be honest. So panicky and ironically out of touch with reality.

I wonder what knowing the "true" types of people would actually do for anyone involved.

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbranches12 View Post
    Oh to be e6 or w6 or maybe even just six-ish and give control to the world instead of keeping it for yourself. I don't know how people have patience for the 6 in any form to be honest. So panicky and ironically out of touch with reality.

I wonder what knowing the "true" types of people would actually do for anyone involved.
    What does this have to do with INFx 4s?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    What does this have to do with INFx 4s?
    Whatever I want it to, sweetheart.

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbranches12 View Post
    Whatever I want it to, sweetheart.
    I am not your sweetheart.
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

I mistyped as a 4 because of my artistic side back before I knew much about the type and was first learning

EDIT
    Also because I had undiagnosed bipolar and emotional dysregulation disorder and that makes me have an emotional / self-critical side.

At the end of the day I don't relate to 4 hardly at all once you get into motives...like envying others, being afraid of losing identity (what is identity even?), desiring emotional intensity (fuck no, I hate that shit and used to try to numb out to everything), and things of that sort.
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    946 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Had a bunch of random thoughts. Of course I'm a core 9 with a 4 fix so I'll relate to both, but looking at them further I think they're more similar than one may realize. 9 is supposed to be a positive core, but compared to a 7 or 2, I don't feel nearly as positive. Maybe it's my reactive fixes talking, but it's like 7s are all, "The world is my oyster!", and 2s are spreading love and rainbows. Unless I'm happy and integrating, being a 9 feels like a bunch of apathy. With all that suppressed anger and the frustration wing, 9w1s are probably more disgruntled than you think. I don't think every 2 or 7 is all happy go lucky, but that's just what it feels like.

The stereotype is too that 9s don't really have an identity. I kind of fit that stereotype-there are things that make me me, but looking around at other people I just don't feel like I have an obvious identity compared to them. I have been testing as sp/so 4 lately so that's neat, but I still go with 9 for myself. I relate to wanting a unique identity for sure, but also I think having an identity just gives me a sense of belonging and place in the world. So, I do fear losing my identity because without it I'd have no sense of self and feel like a nobody. Another 9 blending in with their surroundings. Also something I've noticed is that the 9s' fear of separation bleeds into the 4s' fear for me, because when I do get separated from something or someone, it's like part of my identity went missing and there's a big hole in me.

And yeah, they're both withdrawn types and usually Fi doms. As a 9, while emotional intensity can be..intense, for me, I spend a lot of time processing my feelings, and a lot of my feelings can bleed into the things I do which I think is 4ish but also pretty Fi. I do get mad when I'm misunderstood, but in a way, I feel like 9s are more likely to be misunderstood than a 4 cause of not vocalizing as much. And there's the little things, like 9s can appreciate beauty too(well any type can). Maybe even more than 4s, because of their ability to see beauty in just about everything and appreciating the peacefulness of nature and art being a way for them to get in touch with their feelings.

A lot of rambling, but yeah, some food for thought, since 9s are a more a common type. They vibe pretty differently on the outside in my experience(4s seem more cold and intense), but yeah, their motivations are pretty similar I'd say.
    Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ ᴡᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ɪꜱ ᴅᴇᴀ
    ᴊᴏʜᴀʀɪi »»————«« ɴᴏʜᴀʀɪ

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Generally speaking, mistyping as a 4 or even being mistyped as a 4 isn't too hard. Even someone like me with 4 nowhere in their tritype has been asked on multiple occasions if I had considered typing as a 4w3 sp/so INFP/ISFJ (and I would consider it very obvious that I am neither of those things) or even been typed as such. I think a lot of this too is related to me being depressed and really not evasive but rather indulgent in my own shame as a personality trait... I briefly typed as a 4 fixer (but also as most of the shame fixes).

I think it's sort of worth noting that, in general, all of the fears of the enneagram are pretty generalized and easy for a lot of people to relate to. Fear of being manipulated, of course people fear that, yet 8s are not a common type. The same with 4, fearing having no significant identity or general significance and wanting to have personal meaning. There are few people that would say that they don't desire this at all (even as a non-4, I find this to be pretty significant in my life, though it presents in a 6(w5) core way, I don't want to be a drone/part of the crowed and thoughtless, I fear not being "separate" from that in a manipulation skew sort of way, I don't want to be "annihilated," I don't want to be nothing).

In general, as an archetype system set up to be general, which is why you cannot look at the enneagram and type yourself based upon relating to a descriptions, especially when the descriptions overlap a lot with other types, are fairly general, and are often skewed by the authors perception of the type (ie. if the author believes they are a type 4w5 and, say, are instead a 6w5 or a 9w1 or something else, that description is going to be skewed by nature of projection; This happens pretty often I'd argue).

“My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert
    | 5w6 3w4 9w1 sp/so |
    Likes Luminous, Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

Enneagram
    9 sp

Maybe age when first coming across enneagram could be a factor in this? The core conflicts of enneagram 4, including that sense of missing something compared to others and the intense focus on self and identity, can seem superficially similar to general identity struggles most people in their teens and early 20s go through. I can see someone who first became interested in the enneagram around this age potentially overidentifying with 4 because of these similarities. I also think that people who are drawn to enneagram and personality typing in general are more likely to see themselves as introspective to some degree, a trait which is often attributed to enneagram 4.
    Likes Luminous, Vendrah, lunalum liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

I'm quite tired of the cliche that if you feel deeply, are introspective, artistic, intuitive, empathetic, sensitive, etc. that you then a 4. No. Wanna be a 4? Then you need to have envy. You need to compensate for your sense of innate brokenness by creating an image of being special and unique.
    Likes Jazzy Orchid, lunalum, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ANFP
    Enneagram

I dont think I said it on this specific thread yet, but type 4 and type 6 are types with high Neuroticism. So, a lot of 4 and 6 questions tends to be into Neuroticism side, gravitating through things like anxiety, depression etc...
    But Neuroticism isnt exactly a fixed trait and can be partially environment induced. So, a person under depression or under neurosis does indeed have a tendency to be thrown at these types.

There questions on 6 related to being careful, yet some people under trauma and under depression are careful, not because of a personality trait, but as a matter of flexibility and adaptability. Some 4 question even relate with some anxiety or melancholy, and these people are going to be thrown at type 4, but when they get better and recovery, then the type 4 and 6 scores tends to drop a lot, and you have a mistype.