• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Core Beliefs of 5s According to Beatrice Chestnut

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "People can be intrusive and threatening to my personal comfort."
- "The world doesn't always provide what you need, so it pays to find ways to be self sufficient."
- "Others want more from me than I want to give."
- "I must protect my time and energy by having firm boundaries and maintaining my private space; otherwise, others will deplete me."
- "The emotional demands of others make on me will exhaust my inner resources and so should be avoided."
- "If I open up to relationships, others will expect and demand more than I have to give. Having too many relationships with the wrong kind of people leads to t he risk of feeling totally depleted."
- "Commitments are burdens that are too heavy to carry with me. It's best to travel light."
- "I am powerless when it comes to negotiating my needs and desires, and others may not listen anyway, so the safest course of action is to withdraw."
- "Overall, separation from others feels more comfortable than the alternative."
- "If I am spontaneous in my actions or feelings, others will disapprove, I will feel embarrassed or I will feel out of control or expose myself in a way that seems intolerable."
- "It's better and safer to feel my emotions when I am by myself (and not when I am in the presence of others)."
- "Knowledge is power."
- Knowledge is best attained through observation, research and the collection and comparison of data".

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely identify with these and would say these go with my core system. When new humans come into my life, I want to have a positive relationship but the threat is kind of in the back of my mind. Wondering about the cons if I get too close. If there are people who are overly talkative and kind of intrusive, my instinct is to distance myself from them. It's true that the world isn't always a providing place so I try my best to be resourceful. Or to figure things out on my own. Or just to make what I can of the situation, not to call it quits if it seems like something is not possible. Or to stop at a certain point and try again later. I mean, I would like to think I am generous but I have a greedy side to me too.

I get resentful when people ask too much of me. I want to give but when people ask too much and are not thankful, I don't like wasting it on those types of people. I guess I am reluctant to find connection and struggle with it because of a certain anxiety of opening yourself up. I identify with not having much to give to people, what I have is not good enough or once they uncover the vulnerable parts, they will discover that. I often feel powerless about needs and desires which is why I keep them to myself. I do spend hours upon hours, I could spend days alone and be satisfied. Even if I have been alone for hours and people intrude on my alone time, it feels threatening and invasive. I definitely take a sort of security in knowledge and feel powerless when people don't see me as competant.