• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Core Beliefs of 1s According to Beatrice Chestnut

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "I must strive to meet high standards of behavior and performance to avoid criticism and feelings of failure."
- "I am flawed and far from perfect and therefore often bad."
- "If I don't actively inhibit my emotions, impulses and needs, I might say or do something inappropriate and bring shame on myself."
- "I like to be someone people rely on to be fair and upright. If I'm going to be proud of anything, I guess I'm proud of that."
- "If something goes wrong, but I did everything as correctly as I could have, then I can't be at fault."
- "Pretty much everything in the world can be improved, and some parts definitely should be"
- "Perfect is hard. It should be hard. It's rare and it's hard. But it's worth it."
- "If everyone did their part to follow what they know are the rules of decent society, everything would flow much more smoothly."

á´…eparted

passages
- "I must strive to meet high standards of behavior and performance to avoid criticism and feelings of failure."
- "If I don't actively inhibit my emotions, impulses and needs, I might say or do something inappropriate and bring shame on myself."
- "I like to be someone people rely on to be fair and upright. If I'm going to be proud of anything, I guess I'm proud of that."
- "If something goes wrong, but I did everything as correctly as I could have, then I can't be at fault."
- "Pretty much everything in the world can be improved, and some parts definitely should be"
- "Perfect is hard. It should be hard. It's rare and it's hard. But it's worth it."
- "If everyone did their part to follow what they know are the rules of decent society, everything would flow much more smoothly."

This all fits. The bolded I feel VERY strongly and identify with a ton (the first and third one to the point where I have a bit of an "ouch" response). Grey I can't say is wrong, but it not entirely right either.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree very strongly with all except the bolded, which I can't help but nitpick:

1) Why should perfect be hard?* Ideally, perfect would be easy. Sure would take a load off my back.
2) What if "the rules of decent society" were wrong? If they're wrong, someone should change them. I'd agree if the word choice were changed to something more vague, and less establishmentarian, like "If everyone did what's right, and what they should be doing, as perfectly as they can, then everything would flow much more smoothly."

*not to be confused with: Why should perfect be [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]? (answer: because he's a 1w2)