• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] 4s and 6s: Describe Your Ideal Self. (Or Selves)

TalkTypestoMe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So 4s...describe for me your dream self with as many vivid details as you want...we all know you have them :)

I want to hear from 6s too: Who is the person you strive to be? What qualifications would make that person satisfactory?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(4): My ideal self... A distance runner who follows a regime and has the potential to run an ultramarathon (at least 50K) before she turns 25. Someone who knows exactly what career they want to have and is terribly ambitious. Someone with a lot of friends, one of those people that get stopped at least twice every time they go down the street by people they know. Someone charming and warm. Someone who comes off as carefree but has their shit together too. Someone with a distinct personal style, très chic. Someone with a very unique and attractive physical appearance (classic Japanese features, tanned skin, elegantly styled dark hair, waifish figure, runner's legs). Someone who can be seductive but still be taken seriously. Someone who always seems to be the center of attention but who can promote their friends and never tries too hard.

Chthonic

(4) Someone who can create a rift to another world, hopefully a saner one, and go there.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I have so many alternative lives, it is hard to keep up.

I feel like my ideal self would really be a spiced up version of me rather than somebody completely different. I imagine myself transformed into somebody physically strong, socially confident, and a very successful pianist and composer. I would also like to have certain superpowers, such as telekinesis and invisibility.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4, my ideal self: An artist, creative and original person who inspires others with her work, but is humble, quiet and shy. A perfectionist who follows rules, has perfect self-control and does everything to achieve her goals, works hard and never gives up. An artist who is not only talented, but also mysterious, hard to get to know and has a dark twist. Always knows when the right time to do things, extremely individualistic and very expressive sense of fashion and style. Always does the good work, just to satisfy everyone. Physically very skinny and pale, with outgeorgeus dark almost gothic like look.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to reach all of my potential and experience beautiful and meaningful things. I want depth of understanding in life and depth of connection with others (or at least one other). I want spirituality, a connection to God, and the insight and gracefulness that comes with it. I'd like some charisma, magnetism, to be liked and to captivate.
But I also want elegance and luxury and novelty and the exotic. I want to stay thin and never wrinkle :D.
When younger, I wanted a bohemian lifestyle, and I still want that autonomy, flexibility and exploration, but I put a higher value on more noble pursuits, especially moral and spiritual things.

I want to be inspired and motivated all the time. I want a beautiful, brilliant lover that I respect and adore. I want to be adored and admired and loved and respected for being me. I want mutual support and cultivation of profound intimacy (in every area).

I suppose I see my potential as being a creative, intelligent, empathetic, insightful, spiritual person. I want avenues and contexts which allow me to cultivate those qualities. Ideally I'd have brilliance and talent and drive in at least one of those areas, if not all of them. I'd like to explore and do well in many creative mediums - visual art, writing, poetry, philosophy, music, etc.

I have too many fantasies, so Im speaking in terms of theme here, rather than specifics. Some specifics may be traveling all over and being semi-nomadic, a fantastic closet reflecting my individual style, an extensive library, an atrium or indoor or rooftop/balcony garden of sorts, and to be a published poet and/or fine artist with a gallery (I'm over this commercial art crap). These are really just decorative stuff, because my desires center more around finding love, cultivating spirituality, increasing understanding, expressing creatively and creating and finding beauty and meaning. Great clothes are just a nice package ;).

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So 4s...describe for me your dream self with as many vivid details as you want...we all know you have them :)

I want to hear from 6s too: Who is the person you strive to be? What qualifications would make that person satisfactory?

From reading this thread, it seems most of you just want to be a 5 or an 8. :whistling:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
To grasp fear in my fingers, watch it writhe, wriggle and try to get away. But to not let it and to also not kill it; I want to hear it's side of perspective and understand that power of influence. And I want to make friends with it.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From reading this thread, it seems most of you just want to be a 5 or an 8. :whistling:
Well, I would certainly like to be more "8-like". Many 4s are, especially the sx-doms and those well-integrated, but as far as I know, I am a ways from being that sort of 4.

Ideally, I want to excel in my one chosen creative field to the point that hard-to-reach options to take it further would open up. I want my work to help people understand each other and make them face the sides of themselves that they're afraid to own up to. But also, I want to deliver through it the message that I like people after all despite the quiet shell, and I want to play with them. I would not just be understood, but others would want to come inside without may having to compromise myself for them first. I would never again have to sit on an idea alone or be hungry for intellectual bonding. Maybe I'd meet someone this way who I would become more intimate with - romance used to be a central part of these visions, but it isn't anymore. But it would be lovely.

I want a strong body and a resilient psyche. I want to be brave, someone who stands up for others and what's good, not a bystander. I want to know a variety of practical skills and be able to survive in many difficult situations, but also to be knowledgeable, intelligent and focused. I want to be fearlessly productive and efficient.

I want my unhealthy past to be overshadowed by what I become and my self-concept to be washed of that as cleanly as possible by new accomplishments. I want a few to regret how they underestimated me.

I don't want to be constrained in aesthetic expression or in exploration by impersonal resource limits. If I'm curious about something, I want to be able to just go try it.

I don't want to age. I don't want disease, otherwise known as the body's random and oh-so-inconsiderate infringement on my expressive capacities.

Why did I even post? I hate admitting that I want more. :peepwall: ;)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well, I would certainly like to be more "8-like". Many 4s are, especially the sx-doms and those well-integrated, but as far as I know, I am a ways from being that sort of 4.

Ideally, I want to excel in my one chosen creative field to the point that hard-to-reach options to take it further would open up. I want my work to help people understand each other and make them face the sides of themselves that they're afraid to own up to. But also, I want to deliver through it the message that I like people after all despite the quiet shell, and I want to play with them. I would not just be understood, but others would want to come inside without may having to compromise myself for them first. I would never again have to sit on an idea alone or be hungry for intellectual bonding. Maybe I'd meet someone this way who I would become more intimate with - romance used to be a central part of these visions, but it isn't anymore. But it would be lovely.

I want a strong body and a resilient psyche. I want to be brave, someone who stands up for others and what's good, not a bystander. I want to know a variety of practical skills and be able to survive in many difficult situations, but also to be knowledgeable, intelligent and focused. I want to be fearlessly productive and efficient.

I want my unhealthy past to be overshadowed by what I become and my self-concept to be washed of that as cleanly as possible by new accomplishments. I want a few to regret how they underestimated me.

I don't want to be constrained in aesthetic expression or in exploration by impersonal resource limits. If I'm curious about something, I want to be able to just go try it.

I don't want to age. I don't want disease, otherwise known as the body's random and oh-so-inconsiderate infringement on my expressive capacities.

Why did I even post? I hate admitting that I want more. :peepwall: ;)

Damn, you have some high-minded idealisms. Mind you it's good that some people do.

I personally like being the bystander, to me that is as much a part of life as the interaction, when you can step back and view yourself and your experience of reality like a big encompassing shape of energy. But I view it this way because when I have too much interaction, I lose sight of it and get caught up in the minute bullshit of the everyday modern world, which has nothing to do with being caught up in the experience of right now.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. I dunno what I want, but I notice that I have some bits of what some of you say you want...food for thought.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I'll try since I might be a 6.

I too want to be captivating and have the insanely amazing ability to captive another. I also want that deep mutual intimacy that is exceedingly rare to find with others; it the only human connection that seems worth it, to me.

Whoever I am, I want that to be ...the most amazing/sparkling thing for someone else. I do not care what I look like and I do not care if I do not have luxurious items. I could be naked, be wearing oversized clothes, or be wearing a japanese Kimono... I just want to shine so bright that I am the only one who can be seen. I want to be so human that I actually become beautiful.

But because I am also afraid that my ideal self won't manifest, I want to be hidden and untouched (I do not mean physically, but emotionally/spiritually). I want my heart to remain my own ....until someone falls in love with me and doesn't want to ever let me go.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooh, this could be dangerous and disgusting, but here goes.

My ideal self would take the (literally) thousands of ideas I have on paper and do something with them. My ideal self could receive encouragement, compliments and positive feedback and believe that they are true-- that kind of confidence could produce action. I would tap into and actually utilize my giftedness, and allow it to speak for itself-- my ideal self would be confident enough in the things she knows well to use and demonstrate that. I'd also be able to approach people I don't know and introduce myself right away, forgetting any fear that they might write me off, or be too busy to acknowledge me. My actualized self would be warmer to the outside world-- she would be my insides on the outside. I would be the way I am with those close to me, or in close proximity to. My outer shell would crack off.

There's probably more, but let's face it, that's plenty.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ideal self is a column of pure light swirling with dust motes.

Noon

(E6 sp/sx afaik) Fluent in 4 languages - and at least proficient enough in Italian to read the original words of Florentine artists.

A minimalist lifestyle, physically fit, cook vegan well enough to flip omnivores... so that I actually can flip an omnivore if given the chance lol. One day writing well enough to hold a candle to some of my idols like Octavio Paz and Nathalie Handal. But not just creatively - my articles and essays should move weight too. Basically I want all these thoughts and words and images to be worth something as I've got so many that to me at times they are mostly burdensome and exhausting.

And I want a small circle of friends who are creative and stimulate my own creativity, intelligent and intellectually stimulating, idealistic, low maintenance, straight-edge & preferably herbivores too, and active. The kind of people you can go with to cafes, art exhibits, conferences, charity events, but also yoga, the gym, skating, swimming, things like that; alternate between 'deep' and meaningful discussions and zany or dorky b/s-ing. I'm always in my head and have got so much nervous energy that I want my surroundings to be low stress and bring me out.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'll have to keep reflecting on this, but some stuff I thought of the other night:

Ideal self:
- works towards goals
- builds community with others
- confident, secure
- wise, rational
- acts in line with what is felt to be right
- connected with the world
- knows what is wanted, strives for it
- is able to direct others
- has powerful ideas
- feels powerful emotions, is not controlled by them
- makes discoveries, in the mind and the world
- future minded, but atst strongly in the present

- lives a life of PURPOSE

sonickel77

MBTI Type
INTP
I want to be tough and resourceful as the Bush Tucker Man, able to survive in any terrain.
I want full control over my emotions, and not to reveal any revolting weakness, like crying publicly, or being fat, or injured.
I want to be a kick arse camera assistant and photographer, capturing beautiful landscapes, fusing with the mystical joy of nature.
I want to feel camaraderie and a sense of social belonging, for the first time in my life.
I want to be so beautiful and special that no-one who I fall in love with could possibly reject me.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
A romantic hero, basically.

I imagine myself immensely dramatic, powerful, profound, seductive and mysterious. Some kind of artistic genius fused with a Casanova like figure, but more compassionate. I imagine myself walking into an cocktail bar, sitting down beside a beautiful woman and smiling, she looks up at me and smiles back. There is no doubt in her mind that I want her and no question that I am going to have her...I want to be someone whose intensity and presence you can feel, who commands respect among men and makes women wet with lust, who is totally intoxicating to them. I guess a more confident, attractive, talented and strong version of me.

ARET45

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5

My 'dream self' would be -

- Physically fit/healthy/energetic
- Productive and accomplished - I would be consistent in my work and occasionally take holidays or time to rest. My ideal self would be very disciplined.
- Have an environment I work in, and an environment I live/sleep in.
- Friends and family who value me.
- An interesting, unique yet hidden/anonymous identity.