• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] 4s and 6s: Describe Your Ideal Self. (Or Selves)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My perfect self would be to literally become an artiste in my chosen interest field - communication, psychology, languages, ethology. Anything to do with understanding *life* and living beings. To understand myself, others and through it the world, even my own body. And from there, wield a mastery to help that life - including myself - become the best they can be. To optimise it. To go from mere survival and chronic suffering to thriving and facilitate personal growth through education, shifting perspectives and teaching others how to do so and encourage and teach a base level of empathy in all, so that everyone gets that chance to contribute their best in the most supportive circumstances.

This includes myself - something I have struggled with in the past, feeling that I had to focus on others and not myself. To go beyond my own interpretations, but to treasure my own all the same. To take care of my needs, including those of my body and embody living art through mastery of the body, mind and soul. And then radiate that outwards in order to ease suffering, uplift spirits and inspire others to believe in themselves through true connection and epiphany.

I used to think I wasn't ambitious at all. I am - very much so. Just not in the traditional sense of the word. :ninja:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I am one of the 4s [MENTION=17945]Nixie[/MENTION] was talking about who has a strong lust for power, or at least visions of power and dominance, the ability to mold life to my will, probably the most extreme example on the forum. In fact "extreme", along with "intense", would be good keywords for my personality. I like dramaticism, passion, and to an extent, emotional turmoil, in all facets of life, and my ideas are partially informed by my attraction to extreme ideas and things, and the reciprocal disdain of anything "boring" that lacks sufficient intensity. Sometimes I will say shocking, crazy things purely in the midst of an emotional rush, or to distinguish myself from the low-energy people I disdain. So I am at one extreme - theatrical, in-your-face and keen to steal the spotlight. Most 4s are much quieter and less effusive, which undoubtedly makes them easier to get along with.

It is important to realise that I have a strong 3 wing, and I am also sx first. This means I strive to fulfill my 4ish impulses in the realm of 3, and in a largely sexual way. Hence I am very focused on sex itself, tend to be quite preoccupied by my own image and self-promoting as a result. I have a painful dilemma between being attractive and being authentic, as these two things often don't mix well. While authenticity will always the final say, in romantic matters I often capitulate and always come to resent it when I do. But this very debate is one which 4w5s would find totally alien.

I tend to conjure up vivid, magnificent visions of myself which are ultimately unsatisfying, because eventually, I have to stop dreaming and wake up. And when I do, I look around and realise how different my life is to what I wish it was...and I feel like shit.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ideally, I'd keep some qualities I already have: I'm smart, creative, fun-loving and deep. But I'd definitely be more optimistic and more motivated when it comes to doing important things for myself.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love thinking about this stuff. Thanks for posting (yes, I know this is old as dirt. xD)

I've found that my happiest times are when I feel a sense of oneness and acceptance with the people around me, without having to restrain the key aspects of myself. This usually only happens in group-form online, honestly, and I'm always kind of searching for my 'pack' whilst also knowing that packs are often interchangeable. I never desire to lead anyone, rather I feel the most helpful when I'm offering understanding, some kind of protection of their feelings, and a safe haven for free expression. Being of service in that way is a huge part of fulfilling my ideals.

One of the last times I felt my best was when I was at a short story reading for my friend who submitted a piece. I hadn't gotten to enter anything myself but I liked talking about people's stories that were read out loud and just trying to contribute to a discussion. Overall I just like feeling like a conduit for people to be themselves.

The downside is I sometimes get so focused on the role I'm trying to take that I inadvertently stand out as a component/I think I'm highly susceptible to developing a Messiah complex if I don't monitor myself carefully. And I question myself a lot over whether I'm actually 'good' or just like to pretend to be. =_= So, maybe my ideal self will have learned to not let that bog me down so much, somehow.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ideal self wouldn't be me at all.

I definitely have a mentality that the grass is always greener on the other side. Other people always have better traits and attributes that I do. Any ideal traits that I could possess would become trash on myself because I would find some way to ruin it and I would find some sort of flaw. And then I'd hate myself for not being honest.

Probably the only thing that I would keep about my actual self to put into my ideal self is my passion to be as authentic as possible. Although I guess that wouldn't happen if I were to chase an idealized self. Other than that, I'd honestly keep my hair and arms. There's nothing really about my inner self that's worth keeping, and most of my outer self is just as ugly.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Scientist , artistically driven with a wide general knowledge. Kind and wise. Calm and accepting. Definitely more brave and adventurous than I am. Interesting. Making deep emotional connections with others.

But I do try a this point not to try too much to be someone. Otherwise almost everything you do can be a failure, because it's not enough.