• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4w3 and 4w5 Compatibility

Sally

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hi, I am curious what the relationship is like between 4w3 and 4w5. I am 4w5 and I know someone who I think would be 4w3, and in some ways we are very different. I am all about being authentic and genuine and I value life long friendships, and I guess am I generally deep. Whereas this person seemed much more focused on portraying a specific image, and seemed quite superficial, which seemed fake to me. Also they were much more outgoing than me. In a lot of ways I could imagine these two types being incompatible

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're...describing more of a 3w4, I think. I have on at home and I'm a 4 myself. The healthy ones aren't so much bout maintaining an image, as much as accomplishing things because that's what they rock at - and yes, they do like the adoration and the ego-boost that comes with it of course.

It works because he gets shit done and gets me to stop navel gazing as much and I get him to ask the questions he might otherwise rush over and use a short-cut on. Mutual respect, really.

Sally

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Romantically, but I'm also interested in general how the two types would get along

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's obviously on a case by case basis, but I have a friend who is 4w3 and I don't think he and I would be a good match at all. I actually think he was interested until I made it pretty clear that I wasn't. Even though we do have a lot of similarities, he is much more concerned with the way people see him (or what they think of him) than I am-- which is annoying to me.

Sounds like something you should just play by ear and see how it goes. :shrug: