• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Do you relate to this quote?

lue

I thought this was beautiful, found it on the EI forum:

Peace is a quality

-not a pact, not an arrangement. It is everywhere it is fighting it is eating is sleeping is walking is looking is pain and tears and laughter and bleeding. It is activity and inactivity. It is the wind and the trees, it is the world and the laws of the universe.

It isn't something like a compromise, it cannot be false in any way. It cannot be bargained or contracted or cheated or spoiled. It is there to be seen by those that can see it. It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.

Mankind can know peace, it doesn't. Mankind is not at peace, it is always at war. It has never been with the fluttering of a struggling mallard or felt overcome by joy upon meeting it. It hasnt looked with sadness at the people playing their tricks upon you. Or with love upon the crows ripping the garbage bags. It has never let things BE and been with it. Never lived life and have it mature you.

Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.

(Source)

gromit

likes this
Hm... not really. Seems like a very dim view of "mankind", and also not really how I would define peace :(

lue

Who would make such one-sided statements.

I took the quote out of context (it was in a thread about the dark side of 9's). I can't speak to the creator's intent, but, the way I read it, communicating the idea about peace was bigger than that one statement. :shrug:

lue

What in the quote do you relate to?

Not necessarily relate, but I thought it was beautiful. The whole idea about peace, and how it's a quality.

I really liked this part:

It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.

When he said the world, I took it as the earth. How the earth works, Mother Nature, etc. The balance. Even when it's storming Mother Nature (the earth) is at peace.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this was beautiful, found it on the EI forum:

Peace is a quality

-not a pact, not an arrangement. It is everywhere it is fighting it is eating is sleeping is walking is looking is pain and tears and laughter and bleeding. It is activity and inactivity. It is the wind and the trees, it is the world and the laws of the universe.

It isn't something like a compromise, it cannot be false in any way. It cannot be bargained or contracted or cheated or spoiled. It is there to be seen by those that can see it. It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.

Mankind can know peace, it doesn't. Mankind is not at peace, it is always at war. It has never been with the fluttering of a struggling mallard or felt overcome by joy upon meeting it. It hasnt looked with sadness at the people playing their tricks upon you. Or with love upon the crows ripping the garbage bags. It has never let things BE and been with it. Never lived life and have it mature you.

Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.

(Source)

Sounds like some Taoist holistic kind of philosophy.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are elements in that I can.

I agree that peace is a quality, pact's and arrangements etc are typically compromises of sorts, they can just as easily be broken as made, there's insecurity in that, which is not peace. I think peace should mean more than just the absence/cessation of conflict.

The way nature acts can be violent and unforgiving and yet there is a balance with it that I could see as 'peace' in a way. It just is, and not for malicious or greedy reasons. I'm not convinced that peace is the correct word though, it's more that things flow in a full circle way.

And this is something that mankind does not have because people aren't happy with balance or accepting what comes, there's a need for more, it results in great creation, and great destruction, but it is manufactured not peace, it is (and I state this without intending judgement) embracing of chaos.

I disagree with that though, not just in an idealistic way, individuals can live with peace, and chaos is not inherently a bad thing that would cause an "empty existence", even in the larger scheme of things.