• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Ask a 1w2

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) I haven't been told I'm "serious", but I have been told universally for almost my entire life that I'm very intense and can be intimidating. I consciously mitigate that by being warm and friendly, and bantering with people. I'd like to think I'm pretty funny, although it comes across less on the forum than IRL.

2) Haven't seen it, unfortunately.

1) I've recently recognised that I emit a very strong body language of being 'closed' towards people and somehow their interaction or approach is undesirable (like crossing hands behind your back) although I can be funny and childish, still I get these same comments from new people/friends.

2) its a very good psychological movie. Considering that the main charachter is in real depression, and when it hit the bottom, he started fixing the world in the 'perfect' manner according to his vision of right and wrong. If you're ever in that mood to watch it. He is such a perfectionist in his job. Either ENFJ/ENFP. I just felt a strong correlation with the main character, that he never did actual harm, he only managed to teach people a lesson.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What is your general take on everything that is romance related ? How much do you care about that kind of stuff ?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is your general take on everything that is romance related ? How much do you care about that kind of stuff ?

I think finding a common ground only based on being a 1w2 might be a little hard. I think our past relationships have a lot to do with what we want or don't want and it's probably not that E-type related?
Could be at least.

I personally have never really seeked out partners. They just fell into my lap in a way, meaning I've often had it, that I befriended someone and that friendship then developed into a relationship. I find that ideal, because you know the person much better, since you've already been friends with them. Doesn't mean it always has to work out, obviously. But I've found to be very often turned off by people who openly approach me and are like "wanna date?". That's because I need a huge lot of time to trust someone in the first place, and to figure out what I feel about someone often needs even more time.

Relationships are nice but I wanna feel like my partner is someone I really can trust/rely on when sh** hits the fan. In the past I've run from people who wanted to date me because I did not feel like we'd be a good match and they couldn't understand or see that. I also need to feel like I 'click' with someone naturally, if that feeling, chemistry, whatever you wanna call it, isn't there, no, thanks. I often chose to be single and maybe a bit lonely sometimes because of that, but I've never regretted that choice.
I am also very territorial as a person, I must say. I value my indepence and I needed to find someone who can accept me. In the end holding onto that turned out to be exactly the right thing. I'm happy I waited till the right one came along.

There was a time I was single for four years and none of my friends could understand how I could be ok with that, but overall I was. That's because although love is nice, there's more to life than a partner.

Curious what other 1w2's have to say about this topic.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure I have a fairly strong 1 fix, given I am a four AND I have 1 next up on my tritype (417). However, I also feel like a very strong chaotic good. How does 1 mix well with being so... chaotic? I don't doubt I'm both. It just seems strange, given the 1 stereotype of the rigid rules adherer.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm pretty sure I have a fairly strong 1 fix, given I am a four AND I have 1 next up on my tritype (417). However, I also feel like a very strong chaotic good. How does 1 mix well with being so... chaotic? I don't doubt I'm both. It just seems strange, given the 1 stereotype of the rigid rules adherer.

Actually that is more of a 1 with 6 fix, that tends to create those pretty stereotypical 1s. I think that with 1 in the mix other two tritype numbers are huge deal because they define what is actually "good".

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually that is more of a 1 with 6 fix, that tends to create those pretty stereotypical 1s. I think that with 1 in the mix other two tritype numbers are huge deal because they define what is actually "good".

Interesting. Thank you. Good food for thought.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I’d say having a 1 fix is less about rules and more about moral code.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I’d say having a 1 fix is less about rules and more about moral code.

hey! someone with the same tritype as me!!! geez, i never see one of us around.

that makes a lot of sense. i adhere VERY strictly to my own personal ethics. for example, i don't think i could live with the shame if i ever cheated on an SO. but i very much love the whole 'fuck the system' mentality lmao

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hey! someone with the same tritype as me!!! geez, i never see one of us around.

that makes a lot of sense. i adhere VERY strictly to my own personal ethics. for example, i don't think i could live with the shame if i ever cheated on an SO. but i very much love the whole 'fuck the system' mentality lmao

[MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] has our tritype too!

I’m an SJ and core 1 so that colors things - I’m not chaotic at all lol - but I do have a hardcore rebellious streak when the powers that be don’t know how to be.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] has our tritype too!

I’m an SJ and core 1 so that colors things - I’m not chaotic at all lol - but I do have a hardcore rebellious streak when the powers that be don’t know how to be.

you are awesome for linking another one of our people :heart:

yeah, i am pretty sure my father is an ISTJ with a strong 1 in his tritype and his 1 manifests completely differently. thanks for the insight. 1 makes so much sense for me but i could never tease out why since i haven't seen many NP-ish examples of 1s.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you are awesome for linking another one of our people :heart:

yeah, i am pretty sure my father is an ISTJ with a strong 1 in his tritype and his 1 manifests completely differently. thanks for the insight. 1 makes so much sense for me but i could never tease out why since i haven't seen many NP-ish examples of 1s.
My dad’s an INTP 5, probably 125 tritype, and he’s got the stoic, serious, values-dedication thing down pat. He just doesn’t give a damn about anyone else’s superimposed value system on him. I think he’s neutral good.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I'm a 147 (in that order). I percieved that ones who aren't acting as a 1 most of the time tend to be more chaotic. Because the other enneagram types show through. As a 147 with a 1w2 first and foremost, I mostly am organized and stuff, but from time to time I'm taken in by the 7 in my tritype and then I get a little bit less focused on ... well, everything. But not so much that I'd ever drift into chaotic territory.

I would like a 1s opinion on this:

Are all ones interested in making the outer environment perfect? Or can the kind of person to focus on themselves? It's just that when I see descriptions of them... it sounds like they are always angry at other people and want to fix other people. I ask b/c I think I might know a type 1 who internalizes it a bit more and is constantly trying to structure her life so she can reach personal goals such as study X number of hours, eat healthier, ....or over all be a better Medical Doctor.

I think it depends on maturity and also a bit on the other fixes and the individual's time-limit. With a four and seven in my tritype it's very important for me to make my apartment aesthetically pleasing and I worked my arse off to get it the way I wanted it. Because a beautiful (and clean and orderly) environment just makes me happy.

Also, we all have our priorities and therefore, some will pay less attention to their outer environment and focus more on themselves, simply because they lack time for anything more.

I also am angry at other people sometimes, but I am way harder on myself than on others usually. I could imagine a more unhealthy/immature one could take their high standards and push it onto others instead of looking at themselves more deeply.
I personally think you can't change other people, so putting your stuff onto them is 90 perc of the time not going to pay out/doesn't do anyone any good. Also, I simply don't care as much what other people do. And I actually don't like people all that much, that push their values onto others. I also don't find talking about my values too pleasant; I have this "I do my thing and you do yours"-thing going on. I only talk about my values if it's necessary or I'm very convinced it'd be a good idea for others to consider taking one of my values in. I had to work on being more open about what I find valueable in the past even the thought of talking about my values could scare me, due to Fi. Nowadays it's different and more easy but still, I usually care less about what other people do.