• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Sound like a typical nine?

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
So I'm really shitty at socializing. Which is good, because most people I don't care to get to know.... but then, I find someone who has this allure, and I'm hooked. I want to merge into this person and completely take up their life as my own.... then I remember, Oh yea I'm a dumbass. I should actualize who I am and develop skills and shit. What do I do? Submerge myself in the world of people and become a dog trainer (I'm convinced I'll only relax in a social situation having had the proper training, and I am a certified dog trainer)... OR, live out a life of fantasy and isolation pursing a career in arts. It's probably obvious the first option is the healthy, empowering one.... Okay... noted... what about the practical application of life? I'm SO bad at it..... This is stalling... Talking.... Yea, my thoughts need to resonate more...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really can't tell. The 9 I know is quite good at socializing.

gromit

likes this
Finding most people not worth knowing does not sound e9 specific to me.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Here's a link for the Enneagram Institute site's (free) Ennea Card Sampler test. http://www.enneagram.net/tests/sampler/samplerlogin.aspx

More important are the links after the test which offer (package discount) reading for Wing, Tritype/Wings & Instinctual Subtype.

That site was very helpful at giving me confidence in my Enneagram type & putting me on solid ground to continue researching at this site.

There's an Enneagram Tritype thread on this site by [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION], it includes a link to an Enneagram Tritype test by [MENTION=7937]Timeless[/MENTION]. I can't speak for others but the test was quite accurate for me.

I hope that you enjoy your time here, there are some really friendly & knowledgeable people on this site that gladly offer their wisdom to us newbs.

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
Uhh yea bad word choice. I guess, it is exhausting to interact with most people so it's preferable not to… or maybe i resent others and that contributes to it

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
I am exceptional with kids, just not adults. Perhaps that's because I currently live in the south and I was not raised here. Or maybe I'm just under experienced, pretty darn good at being avoidant.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Uhh yea bad word choice. I guess, it is exhausting to interact with most people so it's preferable not to… or maybe i resent others and that contributes to it

No, the 9 I know is not bad at socializing or exhausted by it. He needs a break every now and then but he is generally energized by interacting with people.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am exceptional with kids, just not adults. Perhaps that's because I currently live in the south and I was not raised here. Or maybe I'm just under experienced, pretty darn good at being avoidant.
I was in that situation once. The rules were all different and weird (to me). I did not adapt well to it and would not willingly go through that again. It was a strange experience because most of the people looked a lot like me, but my accent and manners were wrong and it just messed with both them and me.

As far as socializing, it was a learned thing for me. When I was around 28, I realized that people generally perceived me as stuck up rather than shy. As a result, they didn't like me and when people don't like you, they can make your life hard. After some observation and thought, I decided to basically go stream of consciousness on people, or as I saw it, talk my fool head off. Almost 44 now and I consider it one of my better decisions. I can talk to just about anybody now and generally, as long as it stays at small talk, I do okay.

I don't socialize much outside of my family right now, but I have a largish family. But overall, I don't mind people in small doses as long as they aren't being dicks.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds like sexual variant, probably sx/sp, more than an indicator of any enneatype.

I don't know that there is really "good" at socializing at all, TBH. Some people are good at working crowds but bad at making genuine connections while others are excellent at making connections but cannot seem to hold on to them, and so on. I'm pretty good at relating with people but I'm shy and awkward at times and definitely don't always remember "polite" protocol. So... if it is any consolation... I think inside most of us struggle with socializing in some aspects and we mistakenly get the impression that the vast majority of people are "good" at it because we don't readily see them struggling in the same way we do, because they're struggling in different ways that we're not very aware of instead.

What does sound 9ish is contemplating the problem and choosing to withdraw. If you're 954 then that's triple withdrawn and no surprise there.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sound like an introvert who prefers who is likely a sx variant 9. I wouldn't say typical...

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
Sweetness :) Sx variant, one to one contact. That makes sense. :D