• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Enneagram 4; Melancholic Music Mayhem!

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

I know, I know... I cherry-pick their discography. This one gets progressively better.

From the same era for me... trying to lump similar songs. Abrasive, but I find it beautiful.

Similarly abrasive, slightly more beautiful. I love this song.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I could get used to this thread...

á´…eparted

passages
Pretty much everything these guys have made has a melancholic feel to it. They were my favorite band for a few years too. Here's a really good example of it.

Dead Can Dance - Xavier
Genre: Gothic/World

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=15964]Planetary Walker[/MENTION], Venetian Snares is a classic. Nice pick. I can't think of them without thinking of Aphex Twin. Which, incidentially, can make a lot of melancholy music. His entire album "Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2" is nothing but that. I'd say this is the most noted of that vein:

Aphex Twin - Curtains

Genre: Ambient/IDM

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15964" target="_blank">Planetary Walker</a>, Venetian Snares is a classic. Nice pick. I can't think of them without thinking of Aphex Twin. Which, incidentially, can make a lot of melancholy music. His entire album "Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2" is nothing but that. I'd say this is the most noted of that vein:

Aphex Twin - Curtains

Genre: Ambient/IDM

They have a lot of overlapping elements but I'd say that Aphex Twin tends to lean towards the experimental IDM Side while Venetian Snares expertises mainly in breaks. Miss balaton next to Hajnal must be some of the longest epic pieces of music Aaron Funk has ever written. You should check out his interviews, he's such a nob lol.

Nice song btw.

Last edited:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so cut and paste I guess. Sorry guys. It won't display the damn videos for me.

That will teach me to be economical!

And not to be totally emo, but:

Last edited:

MWill

Speaking as a 4. Music is the ultimate escape. The more variety, the more ways to escape.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking as a 4. Music is the ultimate escape. The more variety, the more ways to escape.

Indeed. Do feel free to contribute though :)

Some Coltrane (pretty melancholic and chilled out)

Some FOT as well (the first 32 seconds, really)

á´…eparted

passages
You would not expect it considering who made this, but I have always found this song to have a really melancholy feel to it, and video really adds to the effect.

Felix Da Housecat - Madame Hollywood

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

á´…eparted

passages
Another good one I thought off (been skimming my itunes over the past few days and posting them as they come to me):

Blonde Redhead - 23