• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] 4w5 and 5w4: The Thinking/Feeling Types

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"...There's one woman in my life who was making drama for me, and it follows her like a cloud of flies"

...and from experience, flies are attracted to what two things, specifically? One is honey and the other is...
There's not only a vulnerability about it, but this level of energy I cannot seem to muster & so it never feels authentic enough.
(redacted to avoid even an inadvertent nuclear war.) Hint, hint. :dry:
Full Disclosure: admittedly, just yanking your chain. I gave up alcohol for lent and it's Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). You may detect a certain flippancy and even-more-brusqueness-than-usual associated with my posts this evening. :party:

The cloud of flies comment was referring to the other woman & not suggesting she is sweet like honey for it, so there's no insult for me in it. Why my other sentence was inserted here & what was redacted that I'm supposed to guess at, I do not know. :shrug:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The cloud of flies comment was referring to the other woman & not suggesting she is sweet like honey for it, so there's no insult for me in it.
1) No insult was apprehended on the cloud of flies -- at least, not on your part. (I don't know if your personal drama queen surfs this site or not.) But I meant it as a backhanded bitchslap at her on your behalf,
as I know you prefer to manufacture your *own* drama (such as it is) inside your own psyche, without having to rely on troublesome imports from others. :popc1:
Why my other sentence was inserted here & what was redacted that I'm supposed to guess at, I do not know. :shrug:
2) I tend to reply to individual comments, the way I do to threads: linearly, chronologically. That's why it was inserted.
As far as the redaction, it was a stereotypical comment on the mindset of an Enneagram 4 -- and while 4's tend to like *sincere* identification with their plight, anything that reeks of condescension will quickly lead to serried waves of B-52 Stratofortresses and B2 Stealth bombers being sent aloft to punish the rash interlopers. Even through a Mardi-Gras-ethanol-induced haze on top of a head cold, I had enough sense to redact: but I was still cynical enough to hint at it. (A double-minded man is unsteady in all his ways, and all that.) :beathorse: <---- Look, there go more of those d@mn flies!
3) *Very* dry response: very similar to the flat aspect (facial expression) of a cat. Coming from an INTJ, consider yourself *highly* commended on pulling it off successfully, whether genuine, studied, or merely "affected even though effected." (+1) :rock:

For the record -- the alcohol has worn off (I gave up alcohol for Lent), I am just now recovering from the head cold thingy. Test firing the laser and doing diagnostics.