• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Enneagram 8 and testing

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
so throughout my life I perform what I call "THE RAPE TEST." This is where I very colorfully paint a picture in another person's mind with sensual images.

if they can't handle it I move on because they won't be able to handle me at my worst. if they can, I proceed.

any other 8's do something similar?

does it help anything in your relationships or does it seem to just cause more problems?

Cygnus

I wouldn't mind of anyone did that to me. I must have pretty strong constitutions.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This testing idea isn't bad at all. Not the rape test in my case, obviously. I don't do a test consciously but if they can handle me being uninhibited then that passes for a test :p.

rav3n

I don't understand the correlation between rape and sensual imagery.

badger055

Permabanned
I don't understand the correlation between rape and sensual imagery.

Oh so many jokes right now. Too bad I would get banned. I agree with what [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] said. The uninhibited me is like a rape test.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reactive types in general test others out. I can't say it does much to help any relationship, but it does keep things interesting.

I have no desire to test people's reactions to me, incidentally. I rather expect them not to like me anyway; if they can't handle me, it's their own problem. If I "test" at all, it's in the form of storming away to see what they'll do in response.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Reactive types in general test others out. I can't say it does much to help any relationship, but it does keep things interesting.

I have no desire to test people's reactions to me, incidentally. I rather expect them not to like me anyway; if they can't handle me, it's their own problem. If I "test" at all, it's in the form of storming away to see what they'll do in response.

baha are you a 4?

actually I find myself doing something similar but for different reasons. Usually its to see if they will chase after me, and in doing so get off their butt and start taking action in their life, thus testing to see if they can actually support themself.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

This is where I very colorfully paint a picture in another person's mind with sensual images.

I do this. Not to everyone I talk to though. Not often, either.

I will also add that I don't do it for the reasons you mentioned.