• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blindspot Stuff

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A thread for my awesome sp-last brothers and sisters to share their experiences that were so sp-last it probably made other people cringe or just admire how cool we are.

But basically I just wanted to make this thread to tell everyone that I drank milk that expired in October and didn't realize it was expired until 10 minutes later when I looked at the expiration date.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
You are a crazy, crazy man.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

Yeah...I live in Norway nowadays. It is fucking cold here, and yet I still have no real sweaters or a winter jacket. I mostly stay home, but with the recent trips we've done for houseshopping, I keep underestimating how cold I can get. Most days, I double-layer: yoga pants, dress, tshirt and cardigan, then a scarf and my wrap (yeah, thats my jacket). I look like a hobo every time. And I forget gloves *every* time. Then again, I'm kind of lucky that I don't get winter hands, but still...Still, it's usually not enough, which I notice when I get home and take two hot showers in a row just to warm up a little :doh:

I'm so used to not being cold (coz I lived in Belgium and I tend to be a fucking furnace), that even after 3 years of living here...I still don't really notice the fact that it *is* so much colder here.

The first year I lived here, I had a cold, like non-stop. Like...for months on end. Couldn't be arsed to dress in double layers when I went outside and actually notice that I was sick non-stop :doh:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, there was that one time I passed out while teaching my class for no apparent reason. When I came to, I realized I had "just forgotten" to eat the day before...and hadn't eaten breakfast...and forgot to drink anything as well, even in this hot tropical climate. I literally forgot.

There was that thing I did where I forgot to wash my contact lenses for years (which actually just gave my eyes a really strong immune system, but gets me yelled at by those with better sp-skills).

And of course the time where I blithely stored a box of rat poison amongst my herbs and spices and rice (because that's the place they like to get into, OK??).

Plus that whole thing where I'm like, "What's a "mortgage"? Why do I need a 401 K? But I LIKE wandering the world with no financial security!"

*Don't feel bad about the milk--one time I took antibiotics on an empty stomach (despite the clearly marked label that said TAKE WITH FOOD!!!) and then wondered why my stomach was burning. I didn't throw up, luckily...but it's still dumb.

I can't stand the cold, though. HATE IT. That's why I moved to a tropical country.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I love reading these.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I lived alone, I didn't bother cooking sometimes for days...just combined and finished what was still in the fridge, making the most weird combinations, after the boyfriend visited. Really cheap way to live btw :D

And the most awesome way to keep the kitchen from needing any cleaning or decluttering.

Also, those that know me on vent knew that I would often pull an all nighter on there and get high on sleep deprivation.

Oh and one tip: do not have long hair and forget to brush it for like 3 days on end. You will regret it :doh:

B

brainheart

Anyone else notice that all of you sp-last people posting are ENXPs?

I wonder what it would be like for other types...

But I will say this, I think I slack in the sp dept at times but then I read these and I feel like an SJ in comparison :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Psh, one thing I do love about being sp-last is that it certainly does cause you to flex your ingenuity muscles. I've made an art out of using objects in a way they were *never* intended to be used yet somehow work brilliantly, out of sheer laziness or unpreparedness. Even better is when you put them together in like a cartoon-esque type machine - Wallace and Gromit-style - and people just look at you like...wtf...and it WORKS????? :happy2:

In fact, that's the only downside - people do look at you like you are a Martian, and a crazy one at that :dry:

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I've noticed that actually, and am still trying to hash out what's actually sp-last and what's actually Si-inferiority. I'm open to the idea that being ENxP actually skews my awareness and I might actually be sx/sp or even something else entirely.

I think my sister is sp-last, however, and she's some sort of INFP. She's maybe a 497 or 947 and she's just very lackadaisical about health, money, and the future. Very good at making friends and lovers but crap at looking after herself or being independent. That's what it's like for her.

I guess it's also possible that the instincts are tied to cognitive functions. This is an area no one's explored in much depth yet.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed that actually, and am still trying to hash out what's actually sp-last and what's actually Si-inferiority. I'm open to the idea that being ENxP actually skews my awareness and I might actually be sx/sp or even something else entirely.

I think my sister is sp-last, however, and she's some sort of INFP. She's maybe a 497 or 947 and she's just very lackadaisical about health, money, and the future. Very good at making friends and lovers but crap at looking after herself or being independent. That's what it's like for her.

I guess it's also possible that the instincts are tied to cognitive functions. This is an area no one's explored in much depth yet.

Hi, bro :hi:

What brings you here? :wink:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But I will say this, I think I slack in the sp dept at times but then I read these and I feel like an SJ in comparison :D

I've been told maybe I'm sp-last but reading these things. I SO DO NOT RELATE.

Now, I'm not ENxP either, so whatever...

I still think I'm sp-second though... it's the instinct that causes the least trouble for me

Anyway, I can delay going to bed for pretty long, I can delay washing up dishes and whatnot. I minimize time spent on cooking and such. I do take care of my looks etc but I am doing it in an efficient way, hate wasting time on any of that stuff. I guess these could be sp-last things. ???

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I can be "lackadaisical" about money/future etc when things are alright, but then when it starts to be a problem, I will focus on these things intensely.

Sound like sp-second or sp-last? :p

As for instincts being tied to cognitive functions, how about enneagram types being tied to them too... I think it's just that neither system is perfect, trying to explain the same phenomena at times in different ways

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can be "lackadaisical" about money/future etc when things are alright, but then when it starts to be a problem, I will focus on these things intensely.

Sound like sp-second or sp-last? :p

As for instincts being tied to cognitive functions, how about enneagram types being tied to them too... I think it's just that neither system is perfect, trying to explain the same phenomena at times in different ways
I can't say for sure if it's sp-last or not. I think sp is less about being absent-minded (some of us here have drawn in things I think probably ARE si-inferiority) and more about building a foundation in life. Gathering nuts for the winter as it were.

I agree, there might be correlations between the instincts and MBTI; there supposedly are for enneagram. My cognitive functions, in the end, were part of what persuaded me against core 4.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't say for sure if it's sp-last or not. I think sp is less about being absent-minded (some of us here have drawn in things I think probably ARE si-inferiority) and more about building a foundation in life. Gathering nuts for the winter as it were.

Oh no, I don't gather nuts for the winter. No, sounds boring lol

Maybe whatever is sp-ish about me is just related to my better connection to my body than what you ENxP's have :p

I agree, there might be correlations between the instincts and MBTI; there supposedly are for enneagram. My cognitive functions, in the end, were part of what persuaded me against core 4.

Yeah no ENTP 4's out there huh? :p

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh no, I don't gather nuts for the winter. No, sounds boring lol

Maybe whatever is sp-ish about me is just related to my better connection to my body than what you ENxP's have :p
To be honest, I still haven't definitively settled on my second instinct myself. I'm fairly certain of sx-first for a large number of painful reasons, but what comes next baffles me. I've reached a point where basically, I need professional guidance.

I stick with sx/soc, though, for reasons like the above.

Yeah no ENTP 4's out there huh? :p
Or extremely rare, I'd think.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, I still haven't definitively settled on my second instinct myself. I'm fairly certain of sx-first for a large number of painful reasons, but what comes next baffles me. I've reached a point where basically, I need professional guidance.

What do you mean by professional guidance?

I stick with sx/soc, though, for reasons like the above.

Well... easier for you to decide :p

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean by professional guidance?
Like someone who's professionally into the enneagram who's interviewed thousands of people and has a pretty good sense of what to look for.

Reading conflicting accounts of what-means-what on the internet is confusing and every time I think I've got it sorted out I find some inconsistency. Like how I can remain blithely non-involved in everything I touch--I fit MANY of the criteria for a social-last. But then I look at how much of a foundation I've built in life and my attitudes toward the sp-realm. It's like...I dunno what's my core type, what's my cognitive functions, what's instinctual, what's ingrained, and what's me.

There are multiple ways I could look at it, and I need someone who can see through the bullshit, basically.