MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Lol, you're not a 4.
    What makes you think that? What type do you think I am? Also, I am sp not sx, there will be many differences between us.
    "I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    What makes you think that? What type do you think I am? Also, I am sp not sx, there will be many differences between us.
    Your self-presentation is generally far too positive for 4 to make sense. In most cases, 4s lead with their flaws and underplay their talents. You on the other hand generally like to talk about the stuff you're good at in casual conversation (I'm a great cook, I'm awesome at languages, I'm super smart and critical, etc.), when you're not trying to fit a typological model. That to me is very revealing because 4s don't talk like this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Your self-presentation is generally far too positive for 4 to make sense. In most cases, 4s lead with their flaws and underplay their accomplishments. You on the other hand generally like to talk about the stuff you're good at in casual conversation (I'm a great cook, I'm awesome at languages, I'm super smart and critical, etc.), when you're not trying to fit a typological model. That to me is very revealing because 4s don't talk like this.
    What are you talking about? I know plenty of 4s that can discuss their achievements. Being sp 4 (contra flow) means I hide my insecurities, and only show my good points. Also being a thinker might give me an edge in controlling my emotions. People who know me better all agree I am a 4 on a core level, not behavior wise as per my motivations and how I think about the world.
    "I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

What are you talking about? I know plenty of 4s that can discuss their achievements. Being sp 4 (contra flow) means I hide my insecurities, and only show my good points. Also being a thinker might give me an edge in controlling my emotions. People who know me better all agree I am a 4 on a core level, not behavior wise as per my motivations and how I think about the world.
    *shrugs*

I'm not interested in changing your mind, I just think your opinions on 4s might be misleading because you are mistyping yourself.

sp/so is a syn-flow type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

This is just based on my personal experience/opinion...may not apply to every 4

I think I am more attuned to my "ugly self" though the very fact that this exists, necessitates that there is an opposite to it as well...the ideal self. For the most part, I think I am much more focused on the former.

It has been incredibly difficult for me to change, specially my 'ugly parts' of my personality, because I identify with them so much. I would rather lose my relationships than to change those parts of me...based on experience. Even though this hurts like hell, makes me feel like an open wound...and I have often ended up in the really unhealthy levels (suicidal and such) due to feeling inherently ugly. I tried at the very least, to even consider..."integrating my light side" so to speak since 4s can often live in their shadow self...I at the very least, did. But it was inherently repelling because I felt like I was being "rejected for who I really was," and if I am not good enough, as who I am...what is the point of "changing"? It doesn't mean anything...

I am still working on this so perhaps take my advice with a grain of salt but...
    I think there might be a way to look at this where you don't see it as light or shadow self per se, or "ugly" or "ideal" self. But simply as .... self. That removal of labeling can really help with, taking care of the rather strong emotions associated with each "side" and realizing not all your "ugly self" is really that bad. I have never responded well to people asking me to integrate my good side or whatever...but I realized as I went through some processing, that removing those labels helped me somewhat.
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

*shrugs*

I'm not interested in changing your mind, I just think your opinions on 4s might be misleading because you are mistyping yourself.

sp/so is a syn-flow type.
    [Enneagram Type 4] Self-Preservation Four description (according to Beatrice Chestnut).

I meant counter type, not contra flow in my previous statement (I didnt know it was 2 seperate things)

Anyways, I know what type I am, and I think your assessment is wrong, and superficial. Near implying one cannot be E4 unless they are suffering and negative about life. Which I think is offensive. You literally had no reason to come in this thread, and call me out. This isn't a type me thread. So I assume you're motivations were entirely antagonistic in the sense you don't like the idea that I can be the same type as you. Which is extremely ironic in a 4 thread lmao.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

[Enneagram Type 4] Self-Preservation Four description (according to Beatrice Chestnut).

I meant counter type, not contra flow in my previous statement (I didnt know it was 2 seperate things)

Anyways, I know what type I am, and I think your assessment is wrong, and superficial. Near implying one cannot be E4 unless they are suffering and negative about life. Which I think is offensive. You literally had no reason to come in this thread, and call me out. This isn't a type me thread. So I assume you're motivations were entirely antagonistic in the sense you don't like the idea that I can be the same type as you. Which is extremely ironic in a 4 thread lmao.
    You're making a lot of assumptions based on shit I didn't say so I don't really care if you're offended by it or not. I also find it ludicrous that you think the only reason I could suggest someone is mistyped outside a type me thread is personal antagonism.

Suffering, negativity, envy and feelings of inadequacy are essential to enneagram 4. I'm not saying 4s can never be positive or motivated or happy; I am however saying that your gestalt does not line up with the essential characteristics of a 4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

I read through the thread and the only authentically 4 responses I see here are from The Tsarevich and OrangeAppled.
    Likes The Tsarevich liked this post

Give me a fourth dot. The Tsarevich's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    478 sx/sp
    Socionics
    :-( None

I read through the thread and the only authentically 4 responses I see here are from The Tsarevich and OrangeAppled.
    And the Tsarevich isn't even a 4!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Tsarevich View Post
    And the Tsarevich isn't even a 4!
    Yes but you get what it's like.
    Likes The Tsarevich liked this post