• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Sx 7s and the need for heightened reality

badger055

Permabanned
How does this manifest in you?

The Neophile. In the average range, Sexual Sevens are constantly looking for something new and beyond the ordinary; like Fours, they tend to reject the mundane. In all of their activities and interactions, they want to experience the intense charge of being alive. They see life through heightened imagination, idealizing themselves, their relationships, and reality. They often have wide-ranging curiosity and interests and are fascinated by new ideas and topics they see as being on the cutting edge. Sexual Sevens are magnetized by people whom they find interesting or refreshing. When the radar of their sexual instinct locks on the such a person, they do not hesitate to approach the person with charm and genuine interest. They feel temporarily dazzled and hypnotized by the object of their curiosity and may induce similar feelings in others. Sexual Sevens enjoy the excitement of fantasizing about future adventures and shared interest with the nre person. They love wild ideas, wit, and humor — their minds move very quickly, but this can also cause restlessness with themselves and their relationships.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes. i see it connected to Ne: i don't know where i'm going with my life, i have several instincts and impulses and i live one step at a time. so i guess i fall back on small pleasures everyday because i need to feel pleasure, in the sense that i want a temporary "fix" that can replace a sense of direction, which i don't intrinsically have.
i don't know if that makes sense, but it's how i feel. i have an inner hole in my soul, like a sense of longing, and also constant lack of focus, that i feel i need to fill, or replace with something shiny, optimistic, that can give me a "rush". in every shape or form: people is great, music is great, food, but also travelling and doing new stuff. just anything that fills my imagination, or ticks as something "new" will excite me and make me feel alive and like i'm doing something worthy.

ps. high5 tritype 7-8-4, bamm! ;)

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Neophile. In the average range, Sexual Sevens are constantly looking for something new and beyond the ordinary; like Fours, they tend to reject the mundane. In all of their activities and interactions, they want to experience the intense charge of being alive. They see life through heightened imagination, idealizing themselves, their relationships, and reality. They often have wide-ranging curiosity and interests and are fascinated by new ideas and topics they see as being on the cutting edge. Sexual Sevens are magnetized by people whom they find interesting or refreshing. When the radar of their sexual instinct locks on the such a person, they do not hesitate to approach the person with charm and genuine interest. They feel temporarily dazzled and hypnotized by the object of their curiosity and may induce similar feelings in others. Sexual Sevens enjoy the excitement of fantasizing about future adventures and shared interest with the nre person. They love wild ideas, wit, and humor — their minds move very quickly, but this can also cause restlessness with themselves and their relationships.

Most of this manifests within me in everyday life, minus the intrigue with all that is "new and cutting edge." I'm a forward-thinking person for whom nostalgia has little effect, but time is fluid for me. "Cutting edge" can be tomorrow, now, and yesterday in my mind, so novelty (insofar as material possessions go) has little persuasion over me. I don't have to buy a PS4 right now, nor do I feel compelled to upgrade my cell phone annually. Trends such as these feel like cultural details in some kind of larger picture that I can partake of at my leisure; for the most part, I leave it for the more socially-focused types of people to worry about.

Experiences and people, however, give me a completely different kind of juice - one I live for. If it sounds like fun, I want to do it. If you look like fun, I want to have an adventure with you. I'm okay with meeting a random talker on the train - that person who wants to tell me his or her life story. I'm the type of person who travels with a vague outline instead of a planned itinerary, and for me, the journey is of just as much importance as the exploration of the destination.

I relate to what [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] says about feeling a hole in your soul, and relying on rushes to fill it temporarily or distract yourself from it.

In relationships, I have a strange kind of push/pull dynamic working within me that I've only recently begun to figure out. I'm full of initial intoxication, but once I have somebody in my life I feel strangely compelled to push them away. I don't think I fear intimacy as much as I do the stasis that routine and regularity breed. In learning this about myself, I've discovered that casual relationships and built-up tensions are my favorite way of handling things; I don't limit myself or my lovers, and the possibilities of the future will always be there to keep things interesting. Once I have that shiny thing I've been lusting after for so long, it tends to lose a lot of its appeal, so I'd rather explore it without permanently taking it for myself.