• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Can a 7w8 whom has strong self pres be fairly cautious and not take as many risks?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I often times have difficulty telling the difference between a 7w8 whom has strong self pres, and a 7w6(sw8w7). So are all 7w8's huge risk takers despite variants? Say for instance if you have a 7w8 sx/sp with strong self pres, could this make that 7w8 much more cautious and not as much of a risk taker? I mean clearly that person most likely would not have that much anxiety, but it seems like that person may mistype as a 7w6 because they are actually a cautious 7w8 (which seems to be very hard to find). So can 7w8's be cautious?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
is this about elfboy

badger055

Permabanned
Yep that's me. I like taking big risks that would scare other people but it's more calculated than it looks.

"Because of the emphasis on self preservation, the risks that Sevens are famous for will be more deliberate and calculated. They make look spontaneous and devil-may-care, but the weighing of risk and value is lurking in the background, like a banker going bungee jumping with a net. The risk must be taken because of the allure of the possibilities but there's no reason to be a darn fool about this."

"So many actions look braver than they are. An ace in the hole while gambling boisterously is the ideal."

http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enneagram/Subtypes/Subtype Seven Self Preservation.htm

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe not so much cautious as calculating...having a good sense at when to jump and when to stay put?

Mmm...what was said above!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
is this about elfboy

Yes, I made this thread for [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Yep that's me. I like taking big risks that would scare other people but it's more calculated than it looks.

"Because of the emphasis on self preservation, the risks that Sevens are famous for will be more deliberate and calculated. They make look spontaneous and devil-may-care, but the weighing of risk and value is lurking in the background, like a banker going bungee jumping with a net. The risk must be taken because of the allure of the possibilities but there's no reason to be a darn fool about this."

"So many actions look braver than they are. An ace in the hole while gambling boisterously is the ideal."

http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enneagram/Subtypes/Subtype Seven Self Preservation.htm

Maybe not so much cautious as calculating...having a good sense at when to jump and when to stay put?

Mmm...what was said above!

So basically a 7w8 with strong sp would still take risks but would be more likely to take calculated risks huh? I'm sure though that a 7w8 (self pres dom or not) would still believe that everything will turn out well in the end wouldn't they? I mean, that is the nature of the 7w8.

badger055

Permabanned
So basically a 7w8 with strong sp would still take risks but would be more likely to take calculated risks huh? I'm sure though that a 7w8 (self pres dom or not) would still believe that everything will turn out well in the end wouldn't they? I mean, that is the nature of the 7w8.

Well that's part of the fun you don't really know for sure. Either way it will be entertaining.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well that's part of the fun you don't really know for sure. Either way it will be entertaining.

Does the thought of something going wrong even cross your mind, or do you just automatically assume things will go right

badger055

Permabanned
Does the thought of something going wrong even cross your mind, or do you just automatically assume things will go right

Yea it does cross my mind. I don't assume anything. However the less risk there is the less I care. It's more about being comfortable in chaos.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yea it does cross my mind. I don't assume anything. However the less risk there is the less I care. It's more about being comfortable in chaos.

How on earth can you be comfortable in chaos?

badger055

Permabanned
How on earth can you be comfortable in chaos?

Yea I don't know chaos is just exciting to me. Things are alive and in motion everything is interesting. It's just my area. The opposite of that would be working in a 9-5 cubicle which would make me want to kill myself.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yea I don't know chaos is just exciting to me. Things are alive and in motion everything is interesting. It's just my area. The opposite of that would be working in a 9-5 cubicle which would make me want to kill myself.

lol what are you like a secret service member or something?

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, I have an ESTP 7w8 friend who's Sx first and I have 7w8 in my tritype but I'm Sp first. The biggest difference between us is that while he'll go out and do it, I'll be sitting back and watching so I can be more calculated and do it better.

badger055

Permabanned
Do you do it just for the thrill? Or is it for the money?

For the freedom. The thrill and the money is good too. The thrill is mostly only in the beginning though then I lose interest. The money also becomes meaningless after awhile.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
For the freedom. The thrill and the money is good too. The thrill is mostly only in the beginning though then I lose interest. The money also becomes meaningless after awhile.

How can I differentiate a 7w6 from a 7w8 with strong self pres?

badger055

Permabanned

I just found out I'm actually an sx/sp not an sp/sx my bad. I only knew one 7w6 and she was softer and not as abrasive. They care more about fitting in. Whereas I can be very abrasive I like to stir up trouble. When I'm in my element I'm very aggressive I will go through you like a cannon. I don't know if an SP dom would be a whole lot different.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Typewatch said:
7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.

7w8s are more grounded and show less signs of anxiety. They tend to have less mood swings but bigger tempers. They can be pushy and belligerent. They are realistic and pragmatic. They are more aggressive and competitive than their six-winged siblings. They are more territorial and acquisitive. They tend to be more interested in worldly success than chasing a dream. They believe in what's possible not the holy grail. They simply persistently play the hand they are dealt the best they can. Their philosophy is similar to that Kenny Rogers song: "gotta know when to hold them when to fold them when to walk and when to run".

7w8s are the badboy/badgirl side of seven. They don't feel a need to "check in" with others. Their eight wing makes them less openly vulnerable. They relate to others from a position of strength as opposed to establishing solidarity. They assume people don't like them until they do so they don't need validation. Misconceptions of what a seven is don't really bother them personally. They don't care about how they are seen like their six-winged siblings. They value freedom more and are much more independent. They want the strings attached between them and others kept to a minimum. Their eight wing makes them more even-keeled. It takes more to excite them or make them depressed. They are more insensitive and have more of a "shocking" sense of humor and tend to be funny characters more than they have funny material.

7w8s tend to fear getting "stuck" in a rut as opposed to trapped in a rut. Their eight wing causes them to see a rut as annoying and something that ticks them off but doesn't have any power over them. Once they're out of the rut everything will be back to normal so no big deal.

There ya go! :D

Mentioning [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] here too because I remember she wasn't sure which wing she had anymore.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just found out I'm actually an sx/sp not an sp/sx my bad. I only knew one 7w6 and she was softer and not as abrasive. They care more about fitting in. Whereas I can be very abrasive I like to stir up trouble. When I'm in my element I'm very aggressive I will go through you like a cannon. I don't know if an SP dom would be a whole lot different.

But it looks like you have an 8 fix, though. That's probably why you are so abrasive. What would a 7w8 with a 1w9 fix be like?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks babe. I think I'm 7w6