• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Difference between a 5 and an introverted self preservation 7?

Qre:us

1 hour to figure yourself out. That's a record!! Congrats.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 stars. Good job guys, let's pack it up and go home.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought that integrating into a 5 was a good thing for a 7?

badger055

Permabanned
I thought that integrating into a 5 was a good thing for a 7?

Yea no thank you I have enough introversion as it is. Don't think it's hard to go to 5 as an introverted 7. I'm like doing it backwards.

VagrantFarce

5s retreat into their mind as a away of guarding themselves. They can become emotionally & physically negligent, and seem distant or hard to get at. They cope by doing without.
7s, however, are guarding themselves against negligence - they don't want to miss out. They can seem scattered and unfocused. Nothing quite satisfies. They cope by doing more.

Last edited:
W

WhoCares

My mother is a type 7. She resembles me superficially with her varied interests and love of intellectual subjects, but displays impulsiveness, mania, inability to focus and drive to be constantly busy to the point where she has no time for actual life. I do not have that frenetic energy as a staple if my life. I constantly retreat and slow down. She lives in the middle of clutter, her thoughts, house and daily activities are the definition of clutter. I feel stressed by clutter and seek minimalism all the time. Everytime I move house I do so by selling nearly all my possessions and starting again with nothing. If my rooms beome too cluttered I will ruthlessly rid myself if stuff until it is minimal again.

Last edited:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] Might I suggest 6w7

Holy shit I think I'm a 7 my mind is blown. I do always want what is new, I always want to be entertained and I'm always looking to the future. I can be ADD sometimes leaving projects unfinished and starting new ones. When I talk with people I like I have a lot of energy I put on them and I always wondered where that came from.

This fits 6w7 more than 7, at best it's inconclusive. Plus, 6w7 is more likely to oscillate between low and high energy, while 7s are always on.

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] Might I suggest 6w7

This fits 6w7 more than 7, at best it's inconclusive. Plus, 6w7 is more likely to oscillate between low and high energy, while 7s are always on.

No what the hell I have no connection to 6 whatsoever. Stop replying to my thread its dead I'm a 7w8.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sp/sx 7w8's looks like 3w4's from that I have seen. SP 5's look like cheap, and miserly, Ebaneiser Scrooge mother fuckas. They tend to look a lot like 8's from first glance.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm answering anyway :alttongue:

Sp 7s are hedonistic, ambitious and typically a lot more action oriented than 5s; Sp 5s are your classic hoarders, much more timid and typically very reclusive

compare Hugh Hefner and Scarlett O'Hara to Warren Buffet and Ebeneezer Scrooge

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol yep. I would of got it ages ago if the 7 descriptions weren't so extrovert biased. My first act as a 7 is to stop integrating to 5.

Maybe you're not a 7 then if 5 isn't a good influence.

What was 6 in it? I didn't see anything 6 in it.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What was 6 in it? I didn't see anything 6 in it.

6s can be very engaging with people they like and can be very distractable. Looking to the future and always wanting to be entertained are just general human qualities.

Anyway I would rather just let this thread go as OP requested.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6s can be very engaging with people they like and can be very distractable. Looking to the future and always wanting to be entertained are just general human qualities.

Anyway I would rather just let this thread go as OP requested.

"Always" (bolded) is overstatement for it to be a general human quality. But I suppose you meant that for 7's it's particularly characteristic causing a problem