• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] What does a counter phobic 5 look like?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I feel like, if you put the word "counterphobic" in front of anything, you just get E8.

Counterphobic 2 fear of being unloved = I DONT NEED YOUR LOVE!
Counterphobic 5 fear of being inadequate = acting before feeling adequate
counterphobic 1 fear of being corrupt = CORRUPT EVERYONE ELSE!
Counterphobic 3 fear of being worthless = BECOME A LAZY SELF CONTENTED SHIT
Counterphobic 4 fear of being insignificant = BE COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT (this seems to be the only one that doesn't apply)
Counterphobic 6 fear of being without support and guidance = I'LL DO IT MY DAMN SELF
Counterphobic 7 fear of not having your desires met = EXPUNGE DESIRES THAT CANNOT BE MET :borg:
Counterphobic 9 fear of loss and separation = FUCK THE WORLD WHO NEEDS EM

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am reminded of this article. The posed sitter/rover dichotomy satisfies me more as analogous to phobic/counterphobic than introvert/extravert. And I do like the idea of a p/cp version of every type. It would explain a few things for me, anyway. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:thinking: Isnt the reason only 6s have counterphobic labels in the theory that they a) are part of the anxiety group and b) are the type of that group that externalizes their trait?

'Countershamed' aka openly prideful2s?
'Counterangered' aka restrained/ hesitant 8s?

Alea_iacta_est

I feel like, if you put the word "counterphobic" in front of anything, you just get E8.

Counterphobic 2 fear of being unloved = I DONT NEED YOUR LOVE!
Counterphobic 5 fear of being inadequate = acting before feeling adequate
counterphobic 1 fear of being corrupt = CORRUPT EVERYONE ELSE!
Counterphobic 3 fear of being worthless = BECOME A LAZY SELF CONTENTED SHIT
Counterphobic 4 fear of being insignificant = BE COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT (this seems to be the only one that doesn't apply)
Counterphobic 6 fear of being without support and guidance = I'LL DO IT MY DAMN SELF
Counterphobic 7 fear of not having your desires met = EXPUNGE DESIRES THAT CANNOT BE MET :borg:
Counterphobic 9 fear of loss and separation = FUCK THE WORLD WHO NEEDS EM

Dear god, even counterphobic 8 would sound like E8 O.O

Counterphobic 8 fear of vulnerability = FUCK YOU HERE I AM AND THESE ARE MY EMOTIONS DEAL WITH IT

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:thinking: Isnt the reason only 6s have counterphobic labels in the theory that they a) are part of the anxiety group and b) are the type of that group that externalizes their trait?
'Countershamed' aka openly prideful2s?
'Counterangered' aka restrained/ hesitant 8s?

this is a common misconception. openly prideful 2s are the "normal" 2s. it's the false humble, "oh, it was nothing" 2s who are the counter-passion 2s

R

Riva

Counterphobic might not be the best term to use as it's already used to describe a certain orientation of 6s, but 5s who integrate to 8 to and don't withdraw will have a "counterphobic" feel to them. I've used this video before but it's a good example.

Please don't tell me that you are suggesting Howard Hughes or Leonardo DiCaprio's portrayal of him is an E5.

I didn't watch the video though.

I think House is a good example for a 5 who's integrated to a e8 and doesn't withdraw.