• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] When 8's Make video games

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The longer you watch, the more ridiculous it gets.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Serious Sam franchise always made me think the talk about Duke Nukem Forever was doubly pointless. Who needs Duke Nukem now that we have Serious Sam? Of course "now" refers all the way back to when the original came out, since Duke Nukem Forever was in development for just that long.

And I remember hacking Doom, and I have to tell you, the extent to which it has been hacked now is insane. People have put 3D mapping and dynamic lighting in it. Why?! Why even use that game as a basis anymore? Just make a new game in a modern engine if you're going to that.

EDIT: Which makes me wonder. Is even that a hack of Doom, or is that actually someone making something a new but copying Doom?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Idunno but its incredible, haha. The doom marine is my hero.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My friend gave me this tea that he got from some cult.

I think its doing something to my brain right now.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually wish you could lower the violence on that brutal doom game, that looks insane, but all the gore makes me cringe.

Lark

I like the Duke Nukem character, I bought the PS games because of that, and I've never played serious sam.

I havent really played and enjoyed any first person shooters since original doom on the PC. I know that people love the real world physics and extreme difficulty and having to use the complete controller, directional and all the other buttons.

I like the look of the games though.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
All of GTA 5's protagonists illustrate each id type pretty well.

Trevor = Social 8 (Social because he seems to be pretty intellectual in the way of using his mind more along with his instincts instead of just using his gut. Pretty concerned with society moreso than romantic intensity.)
Micheal = Sexual 7 (Sexual because he's into the super intense, and more of a thrill seeker. Also a lot of his actions are about him avoiding pain in general.)
Franklyn = Self Preservational 3 (Mostly concerned with getting out of the ghetto, not wanting to be impoverished but physically and spiritually. He also seems to have the least intense emotions.)

The reason why I didn't say that Trevor is sexual is simply because 8s are already fucking intense. No matter what you look, and because I think it fits metaphysically better. Or whatever.

Though GTA is mostly a 3/7 game than an 8 game. Mostly about being successful and away from troubles through hooliganry.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
am I the only one who thought

images

and

img-filewin-GTA-San-Andreas.jpg

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
brutal doom is ridiculous. its system requirements are the same as battlefield 3.

bullshit.

W

WALMART

I think Cliff Bleszinski may be an 8. Or a 3/6 that values 8-ness.

xbox-one-not-having-gears-of-war.jpg

bulletstorm_online_screen4_01.jpg