• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7w6 retardation

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You definitely seem like a 6, you're very much about reading between the lines, your mind seems to be very hamster-wheelish and jumpy. I can relate to that.

Crossing over to MBTI...You're probably a feeler, and probably a Pe user. I'm guessing you're a Fi-user as well. I know you don't wanna hear that, but that's just my read. Your brain hops like a Pe-user, and the way you reacted to people questioning your authenticity seemed Fi-ish to me.

You could be INFJ, but you just don't seem like you are at first blush. I remember Arclight, an INFJ 6w5, who was sensitive like you. I don't know you very well though, so it's hard to say.

I hope you can settle into the community, and not take people's comments to heart. I think you'll find there's much insight to be gained on here. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You definitely seem like a 6, you're very much about reading between the lines, your mind seems to be very hamster-wheelish and jumpy. I can relate to that.

Crossing over to MBTI...You're probably a feeler, and probably a Pe user. I'm guessing you're a Fi-user as well. I know you don't wanna hear that, but that's just my read. Your brain hops like a Pe-user, and the way you reacted to people questioning your authenticity seemed Fi-ish to me.

You could be INFJ, but you just don't seem like you are at first blush. I remember Arclight, an INFJ 6w5, who was sensitive like you. I don't know you very well though, so it's hard to say.

I hope you can settle into the community, and not take people's comments to heart. I think you'll find there's much insight to be gained on here. :D

I have a feeling he changed to infp am I wrong about that?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

not taking any of it to heart at all! I really don't care. It's just that the initial inquiry was sideswiped. and when I opened floor to questions I was met with judement. People who know me really well would pee themselves in laughter over the P being the case. I'm very much J. Or maybe a really neurotic P. LOL! In any case, my best friend irl is an INFP. She's been typed and we are reeeeally different. I am incredibly expressive with flailing hand gestures and silly facial expressions. I'm not so sure about being an Fi user. I did end up texting 2 people I've carried over to irl from forums. one being an enfp and the other, entp. both asserted they thought infj. entp thought the only other option would be enfj. but that is a no go because I am very cliche introverted. I am open to further inquiries to retype me. I'm not lying on questions on previous tests. Mind you, I'm in my early thirties and have a lot of unique life experience to say the least. I think that being an Ni dom, it makes sense to me, that the way my personality developed is quiet dependent on the lessons/insight from those experiences considering Ni is subjective. Also, the Ti is very evident too when compared to a Te user. I really have no problem being typed anything else. I tend to make fun of the whole "unicorn" notion if that's not apparent with my avatar. I tend to make fun of myself (my shortcomings etc) because it's a way of detaching enough to outgrow any said such weaknesses, that and it's a coping thing, and it's fun. I suppose I like beating people to the punch, lol!

Arclight is serious. We had it out once and we're on good terms. I don't think he was sensitive in an Fi way at all. More like, challenging his conclusions would strike a chord depending on. I think if anything, it attributes to his strong J preference. He's quite active on PerC.

At first blush I totally understand. I think it's a matter of me being 'silly' and making light of serious issues. I do this a lot. I attribute it to the 7. I was typed 6 initially but it really didn't fit the bill. I'm notorious for throwing fun everywhere I go, and love to make people happy because that makes me happier to be around happy. The scattered bit you might have picked up on is my reaction to conflict, generally speaking. I'm a total spazz when I'm in a conflict scenario that didn't cultivate more naturally. It was more like *cold water* shock jumping into the pool and I'm all like, "AHHH! Conflict! WTF! Everyone is pissed! what am I suppose to do! I don't know anyone here!" ... pretty much :p

The ONLY thing I can say is that I do have a weird Ne sense about me with generating ideas but they ALL stem from a central theme, purpose and have a background experience to bounce off from. I also have 2 strong Ne/P people in my fam. and I was married to one for about 10 yrs. I REALLY thing my type is accurate (and that I've had enough "life" to balance myself out respectively) but I absolutely by no means mind if someone were to bring a different perspective to the table.

I REALLY more or less was hoping for some ENNG insight. but if I get detoured and retyped, so be it. it is what it is. It's just that I don't fit any other bill. And from childhood on, I'm very much in alignment with the descriptions of infj. I realize that enng presents each type with a different flavor. and I just think that that flavor might be more of an acquired taste. .. I guess. I don't know. I hadn't realized how serious everyone was until after I had already shit covering the bottom of my shoe. you know what I mean?

anyways no worried. I'm here and if the angry mob chases me about do much as to not make it worth it, know that I'm not judging every user here on it.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a feeling he changed to infp am I wrong about that?

No. as far as I know he's still INFJ. Although I don't correspond with him often enough. PerC is like facebook. IT's super busy/active and has a lot of space to move. I linger mostly in the infj forum. He's more into the MBTI forum and takes it to another level. my interests in it are purely personal.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I looked it up to find out, and as of his banning he labelled himself INFJ:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/arclight.html

Perhaps you are recalling that he had a bit of a preoccupation with INFP's. He may well have been an INFP, but he didn't seem to think so.

He was banned?! LOL!!! Oh man. Of all the ruckus I cause online I'm surprised I've yet to be banned.
I know this sounds cocky but seriously, how does one even get banned?! It just seems a little absurd.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
not taking any of it to heart at all! I really don't care.

Maybe you are a 7, because you keep putting a positive spin on how you feel. :newwink:

Still, I think you're a 6, because you seem very push-pull. Probably a 6w7. You're smiling one minute, and on your guard the next. I think that's what people meant when they said you were being inauthentic, what you're saying about your inner state does not seem to match your reactions. I think we all just got off on the wrong foot. TypoC is a little different than other forums, methinks.

Edit: Also, I didn't know Arc was on PersC, I miss that guy!

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe you are a 7, because you keep putting a positive spin on how you feel. :newwink:

Still, I think you're a 6, because you seem very push-pull. Probably a 6w7. You're smiling one minute, and on your guard the next. I think that's what people meant when they said you were being inauthentic, what you're saying about your inner state does not seem to match your reactions. I think we all just got off on the wrong foot. TypoC is a little different than other forums, methinks.

Edit: Also, I didn't know Arc was on PersC, I miss that guy!

maybe I'm 6w7. I don't know. I'll have to look at that description again. I suppose I tend to be super interested in resolving conflict so as to learn from it and move on so I can go back to being happy. The push pull was I think just the culture shock of reaction. I've been spoiled with PerC luvs :p haha...honestly, there have been times I'll throw stuff out there and be like, "ooooh. I'm gonna get in trouble", but never do. not gonna lie. I'm doing a happy dance about that time, haha! anyways. not so sure about the enng. it could be the fact that life experience has pushed me into that state? the way I think has always been, but part of how I think is fluid. It's elastic, I tend to change a lot in my head, like, always growing and deepening my understanding of things. maybe the 7 is more or less a way of being (that feels more healthy and balanced) than before certain periods in my life. I must admit, that 1 and 2 were familiar sounding to how I used to operate before certain "wake up calls" I've experienced. I do tend to recognize some 2 or 1 in the way I deal with relationship. and I guess that is why I was interested in the tri type. I tend to live a lot of my life in my head. and I just want to maybe, untie this knot in my brain so I can move forward towards more actual "tangible" relationships. this probably makes no sense. I'm keeping details vague because it's more comfortable that way. I'm not one who wants to sit in the therapists office crying about bullshit for years before it resolves. I'm more eager to learn, understand, put things in perspective and say okay. next! and on with the new phase/chapters in my life.

really. my goal was to get fresh perspective/ new insight on the enng thing. I realize that I probably should have "edited" myself accordingly to get familiar with folks about me. but like I said, I think 1) I've been spoiled. 2) I tend to edit my personality to fit in a lot irl so I live for being able to relax and be my retarded self on typology sets like this one. PerC being the one I've primarily used. The FB groups are another headache for another day that's really not worth the time imo. (for the most part). I'm sure people on there are awesome. :p

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
first off, you don't really seem to have j grammar to me. it's more hierarchical and less linear, less rhythmic, less prosodic. so far, and without a whole lot of concentration, my guess is isfp 9w8. 2, 7, and 9 are generally the more optimistic types, which isn't to say that they're in a good place, it's more to say that optimism, sometimes even blind optimism, is generally a more viable coping strategy for them than it is for other types.

i think it might be possible, to offer a bit more into this hypothesis, that the holism of F can be interpreted as N instead of S because it is not as strictly grounded, not as concrete in its knowledge as S types can sometimes be represented. i notice a lot of esfp and isfp mistypes. but the overall bandwidth style is different, generally. it's like infps are experiencing more than one reality at once. isfps are much more here and now, even if they still exist broadly, because they are emotional creatures, and go by the feel of something rather than the most isolated facts. N is not so much a gut kind of intuition as much as it is a tendency for abstraction, seeing only through metaphors of metaphors and, as such, kind of being spread across many different ideas of what is happening at once.

i think people get annoyed because typology is such a challenging field, and the negotiations over the type characterizations and examples of type are such deeply political conversations. so much is at stake not because it changes who we are, but it changes how we can be represented in generalities, what kinds of prejudices can be employed by others that involve us, and whether we are seemingly trying to have an honest, authentic political conversation, or whether we are manipulating the truth or putting forth ideas and opinions that seem irresponsible and full of misinformation. which can feel threatening when it seems to challenge or frustrate others' beliefs.

as for e7 and infj, i don't think that makes sense. 7, first off, is an extroverted type. an experiential type. and exxp type. just likes 2s, and 8s, and 1s, and 6s are j types. that's what i've seen, at least, and what feels solid enough to confirm. in my own observations, i have only seen infj 1, 4, 5, and 9. 1w9, 9w1. 4w5, 5w4. that's it. intjs include 1w9, 5w4, 5w6, 6w5. exfps include 7w6 and 7w8. isfjs are 2w1 and 6w5. istps are 5w6. extps are 3w4, 7w6, 7w8.

i'm still waiting to see a 6w7 that truly makes sense to me. i have a different perspective than some where i don't think your type is based on a sense of which is the "stronger" type. i think it has to do with which is the first in your individuation process, which comes about during puberty. your second is what kicks in in late adolescence, in the transition to adulthood, around 18-20ish.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which means what? I don't know! I'm not here to troll. Everyone who gets to know me well, concludes infj based on the functions. Not the stereotype. Seriously. I was just looking for fresh perspective and typology forums are like my ONLY outlet when I feel comfortable just being me.

I didn't mean for people to get all bent out of shape.

My inventory will give you a fresh perspective since there is no other like it.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i'm still waiting to see a 6w7 that truly makes sense to me. i have a different perspective than some where i don't think your type is based on a sense of which is the "stronger" type. i think it has to do with which is the first in your individuation process, which comes about during puberty. your second is what kicks in in late adolescence, in the transition to adulthood, around 18-20ish.

okay. fair enough. I'll think about what you're saying. J grammar? would it be okay for me to ask for you to clarify that?

I tend to write in a few styles actually. so what would your conclusion be then? if you read my prose, or comic silly stuff, or direct diplomatic approach. so far, I've been writing more or less how I speak (casually). I'm terrible at grammar and tend to be the queen of run on sentences, lol! Is that the type of grammar you're referring to? because honestly, I don't know many INFJ's that are grammar Nazi's. but that's been a limited experience online I suppose.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]

well now you realize you're building up the anticipation for something spectacular here.
I hope you're prepared to meet the expectation you're proposing ;) LOL! :p

btw. nice avatar.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

well now you realize you're building up the anticipation for something spectacular here.

btw. nice avatar.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

btw. nice avatar.

Thanks! Now I have no choice but to PM my inventory to you.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! Now I have no choice but to PM my inventory to you.

Got it. Transferred to word to work on. I take it you're willing to read the answers and give me your take?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got it. Transferred to word to work on. I take it you're willing to read the answers and give me your take?

I'll PM your results to you based on what you send to me.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, will do. Thank you much! (why can't you "like" posts here?) nonetheless. your post is. liked. :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, will do. Thank you much! (why can't you "like" posts here?) nonetheless. your post is. liked. :p

We down-voted "liking" here. I would prefer to see a gender icon beneath the avatar.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We down-voted "liking" here. I would prefer to see a gender icon beneath the avatar.

yes yes. I completely understand. Making sure a person has a penis and is being honest about not having a vagina, is very important indeed. I'm very sure no one would ever think to put an opposing sex if they felt like it. we're all honest and such when it comes to the subject matter of genitals .. totally get it. It's very logical and very very important.

sorry. I'm just teasing. I'm reminded of the dating site I was on for awhile. one of the people wanted a pic (other than the profile one) so that he would know I was a woman. I said, well, how about a phone call. he said no, he would prefer a pic. I thought, I could just send any pic off the net. that makes no sense?! and if you heard my voice .. there is NO way in hell my voice has an adams apple! LOL!! :p

anyways. I think it's kinda cute you guys DISLIKED, the LIKE button. Personally ... I would have went for making a persons AGE mandatory. ya know, it's a LOT less likely someone can crawl under your skin once you've realized they're just a prepubescent BOY. ...
you know what I mean? (not saying YOU are. but really. see it from my perspective).

I'm half way done. I'll finish later because it's late. but I must admit, now I'm all ready to switch my type! I can't relate to the ISFP description at all but hey!!! This typology is SERIOUS business eh? because of course, knowing our types means we can't transcend our weaknesses thus maintaining the image for appropriate (and approved) intellectual discourse. would you not agree?

This forum has been nothing shy of, amusing. I'm intrigued enough to stick around and find out who is who. lol!