• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are you hoping for with this post? Why come into this thread to put down the people it's for?

Shh people can't see what they don't have/recognize.

Metis

Wisdom of an e7? Sometimes, I wonder if my e7s even have a brain... Let alone take advice from them. I don't trust irresponsible individuals.

The ones who know themselves well enough to tell you what they can and can't be relied on for can be great. The ones who keep grossly overestimating their reliability and other traits, despite 4+ decades of experience living with themselves--you have to tune out what they say about themselves and rely entirely on what your gut tells you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wisdom of an e7? Sometimes, I wonder if my e7s even have a brain... Let alone take advice from them. I don't trust irresponsible individuals.

The wisdom to be gained is a bon vivante, “just do it” attitude. Too many people pussyfoot around instead of just telling it straight, or are too afraid to get what they need/want from life. Discipline and dedication to getting things done in an orderly fashion are also important, however.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The wisdom to be gained is a bon vivante, “just do it” attitude. Too many people pussyfoot around instead of just telling it straight, or are too afraid to get what they need/want from life. Discipline and dedication to getting things done in an orderly fashion are also important, however.

Hawt. Yes, i agree. That's very nice.

Meh, I only thought that of being raised by a e7, and whenever I followed what she said. Mother of God was so screwed over and left with all the shit. I don't really care about preconceived notions of e7. :newwink:

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Avocado said:
All thoughts should be open, and proudly displayed in the raw. Screw the rules, I have money! I'll say whatever I think.
Do you actually have money?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you actually have money?

Upper middle class, and finding ways all the time to get more. I have my hands in many pies. Besides my day job, I run several side hustles to generate whatever extra money I can. Dogbreeding, sales, cooking, tutoring...all stuff I do on the side. It keeps me busy.

My main “day job” is in the public school system as a special education teacher. That gives me quite a few stories as well.

I did pharmacy work a while, too, but I won’t do that anymore. Way too mych red tape for too little money and fun.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Upper middle class, and finding ways all the time to get more. I have my hands in many pies. Besides my day job, I run several side hustles to generate whatever extra money I can. Dogbreeding, sales, cooking, tutoring...all stuff I do on the side. It keeps me busy.

My main “day job” is in the public school system as a special education teacher. That gives me quite a few stories as well.

I did pharmacy work a while, too, but I won’t do that anymore. Way too mych red tape for too little money and fun.

DOGGOS DOGGY?? YES.

Oh wow, just when I was thinking I was the hardest worker. :( LOOL I'm glad that someone like u exists. Everyone seems like a boring asshole or fucking lazy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
DOGGOS DOGGY?? YES.

Oh wow, just when I was thinking I was the hardest worker. :( LOOL I'm glad that someone like u exists. Everyone seems like a boring asshole or fucking lazy.

Most people are “boring assholes or fucking lazy”. They are afraid to come alive and work towards a better, more fulfilling life. A long term plan that incorporates a comfortable level of risk will take you far, so long as you have the flexibility to alter the plan as needed. My hodgepodge of businesses and jobs give me the best blend of benefits being a public sector worker and private sector worker I can think of: In times of plenty, my private sector work swells my coffers with cash, and in times of hardship, my public sector protections will insulate me from the worst that could happen to me in the private sector. I’ve pretty much made myself invincible.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most people are “boring assholes or fucking lazy”. They are afraid to come alive and work towards a better, more fulfilling life. A long term plan that incorporates a comfortable level of risk will take you far, so long as you have the flexibility to alter the plan as needed. My hodgepodge of businesses and jobs give me the best blend of benefits being a public sector worker and private sector worker I can think of: In times of plenty, my private sector work swells my coffers with cash, and in times of hardship, my public sector protections will insulate me from the worst that could happen to me in the private sector. I’ve pretty much made myself invincible.

Wow, that's amazing thinking. I, too, think of alternative ways to make money... I haven't implemented yet because I'm still getting some steps like basic education, but I still work.
I wonder how you keep your confidence in your ideas. I had just struggled when I expressed them to some family members (probably Se doms) who criticized the shit outta them. And just left me a crying mess, cuz they mock me and say shit like I cant be everywhere cuz that's insane with all these ideas. Ugh.

I already doubt my own abilities, but it really hurts when they get so mad at me. Its just a stupid idea, they duno the right way to do things. They don't actually like to work, or responsibility, or stress. Annoying fuckers.

I'm a hard worker and so all my managers say so and wanna keep me. I have motivation and drive. I'm willing to put my all in what I believe or AT LEAST FUCKING TRY. Being too picky stalls time and limits the amount of things you can accomplish... Given you don't have to do it forever lol. Some ppl are fucking control nuts and think their opinion is the best way when its irrelevant since they're a lazy ass anyway. Loser. I don't know why I give a shit or contemplate their opinion. Eh, I needa stay away from that and regret sharing my plans or options or ideas. SORRY FOR LONG RANT

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Tbh, I rather be with someone I can live life with, not stuck in a "idk" complaining/takes every step as "safely" as possible for themself. I want to support and through my energy in there for them so I can see their dreams fulfilled, as I want the same amount of energy with me which not every body has... So I only do things I know I can do by myself and not screw myself over because I relied on some fucker who was suppose to be there.
Really, I don't care if we'd "fail" together which really isn't an option, but we went in that idea and completed it. Now, wewe'd truly know if it would workout or not. I want to succeed with someone as well that'd be nice...almost feed off each other's energy. Meh, this is just pure fantasy.

Wanting the best outta life and wanting to give back the best for life motivates me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tbh, I rather be with someone I can live life with, not stuck in a "idk" complaining/takes every step as "safely" as possible for themself. I want to support and through my energy in there for them so I can see their dreams fulfilled, as I want the same amount of energy with me which not every body has... So I only do things I know I can do by myself and not screw myself over because I relied on some fucker who was suppose to be there.
Really, I don't care if we'd "fail" together which really isn't an option, but we went in that idea and completed it. Now, wewe'd truly know if it would workout or not. I want to succeed with someone as well that'd be nice...almost feed off each other's energy. Meh, this is just pure fantasy.

Wanting the best outta life and wanting to give back the best for life motivates me.
I get it. My thing was building a safety net with my teaching job so that if my riskier side ventures all failed (unlikely), I’d have something to fall back on. I bought a house and a car outright at 21 (I’m only 22, now), and so far everything is on the up and up. The key for me is just doing a once over checklist (Will I get in trouble with the law if I do this? Will somebody sue me and have a valid case if I do this? If things go sideways, can I still afford to pay my bills if I do this?). Those questions bottleneck some of my more zany ideas, but for the most part, I jump in and ignore what others say. Its a shame most women just want to be taken care of, since I’m the kind of man who’d want a partner who’d pull their weight.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need to breathe some life back into my home thread. I have just the thing that’ll do...

Songs that describe 7 are held real dearly by me, and this is one of those.

One of these mornings
You're gonna rise, rise up singing,
You're gonna spread your wings, child,
And take, take to the sky,
Lord, the sky.

That’s a good dose of wisdom to me.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Starrys first post in this thread is still my favorite.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know you're right most of the godamn time, UGH, I LOVE YOU e7 :wubbie:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
First star, North Star.. directions to the uncharted , hard lesson teacher , these lessons can not be replaced

Starry

[MENTION=33711]Abcdenfp[/MENTION]

You seem like you really do ENFP 7 right. I know there are so many out there....people you will never interact with but will read your words. Please share your wisdom when you can and carry this thread into the future. Like owning your own business...that stuff. It's all so impressive.

And Massokissed :heart:

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thank ya Starry. Personally I don’t feel like I’m doing anything right in this stage of my life lol. But I will carry on.

Anyways, I always thought Jenny’s life from Foresst Gump was pretty close to the 7 experience. Emotionally damaged person goes on a hamster wheel of instant gratification and ultimately pays the price. Starts off with the heart of a wanderer, travels and is open minded to new experiences. Then ends up a used up drug queen.

(Not typing her specifically as 7, though I’m sure she’s an SFP)

Sometimes there just isn’t enough rocks, and sometimes one of those rocks hits the free bird.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
thank ya Starry. Personally I don't feel like I'm doing anything right in this stage of my life lol. But I will carry on.

Anyways, I always thought Jenny's life from Foresst Gump was pretty close to the 7 experience. Emotionally damaged person goes on a hamster wheel of instant gratification and ultimately pays the price. Starts off with the heart of a wanderer, travels and is open minded to new experiences. Then ends up a used up drug queen.

(Not typing her specifically as 7, though I'm sure she's an SFP)

Sometimes there just isn't enough rocks, and sometimes one of those rocks hits the free bird.

This is so much my experience . Thank you Masokissed I feel not so alone today.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thank ya Starry. Personally I don’t feel like I’m doing anything right in this stage of my life lol. But I will carry on.

Anyways, I always thought Jenny’s life from Foresst Gump was pretty close to the 7 experience. Emotionally damaged person goes on a hamster wheel of instant gratification and ultimately pays the price. Starts off with the heart of a wanderer, travels and is open minded to new experiences. Then ends up a used up drug queen.

(Not typing her specifically as 7, though I’m sure she’s an SFP)

Sometimes there just isn’t enough rocks, and sometimes one of those rocks hits the free bird.

Actresses are so good with heels on ............ :notype: