• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Starry

Ok, I told him I would do better next time and I was sorry for being such a difficult trainee.

I'm getting a way later start here and perhaps will only address this first sentence (it's already after 1 but I will continue on later today....dude.) This is so important though MQ...I really, really, really need you to get this and so I'm thinking perhaps it's time to take it to the *knuckle tattoo* level...

You know that I've worked in academia my entire working life right? I'm actually quite familiar with the various nursing programs including the what? you're in a 9 month nursing assistant program at a community college? Anyway, here's the thing...

I know...due to my experience...that there does not exist at any institute of higher learning in the United States of America a classified position entitled "Main Boss." And so who is this person really? Either an instructor, an instructor's aide or possibly a student teacher but usually these courses are taught by nursing and medical assistants that have been hired as part-time (not tenured) faculty. This is due to the fact that nursing and medical assistants can, quite often, make more money teaching than actually working in the field.

Why do you think I would be against you using the absolutely ridiculous title of "Main Boss"? What harm could possibly come of it? You know, I'm just going to be perfectly honest with you. Most likely your "Main Boss" is entirely grateful not to be moving and bathing bodies...cleaning up crap...cooking and doing laundry...and getting paid better for it.

This person is not your Boss. This person is in reality someone you've hired to teach you something. You are a customer...and this individual is getting paid to deal with you ...don't you get it? Why in the fuck would you apologize to this non-boss...that is dependent on you...that is required to provide you quality service as their livelihood? You are the Main Boss in this scenario and you need to make sure your subordinate is giving you their best work...not apologizing to them for being difficult my god.

^^What's funny is I'm not even remotely exaggerating here in spite of the fact I imagine you will think that I am. What I need you to get is you are worth the air you breathe and the space you inhabit. Do not put yourself inferior to anyone...because you're not.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
hmmm... "emo." EcK aka "my secret crush" is responsive to emo & drama. *commits to memory*

Arent you a guy.
*backs off ever so slowly*

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm getting a way later start here and perhaps will only address this first sentence (it's already after 1 but I will continue on later today....dude.) This is so important though MQ...I really, really, really need you to get this and so I'm thinking perhaps it's time to take it to the *knuckle tattoo* level...

You know that I've worked in academia my entire working life right? I'm actually quite familiar with the various nursing programs including the what? you're in a 9 month nursing assistant program at a community college? Anyway, here's the thing...

I know...due to my experience...that there does not exist at any institute of higher learning in the United States of America a classified position entitled "Main Boss." And so who is this person really? Either an instructor, an instructor's aide or possibly a student teacher but usually these courses are taught by nursing and medical assistants that have been hired as part-time (not tenured) faculty. This is due to the fact that nursing and medical assistants can, quite often, make more money teaching than actually working in the field.

Why do you think I would be against you using the absolutely ridiculous title of "Main Boss"? What harm could possibly come of it? You know, I'm just going to be perfectly honest with you. Most likely your "Main Boss" is entirely grateful not to be moving and bathing bodies...cleaning up crap...cooking and doing laundry...and getting paid better for it.

This person is not your Boss. This person is in reality someone you've hired to teach you something. You are a customer...and this individual is getting paid to deal with you ...don't you get it? Why in the fuck would you apologize to this non-boss...that is dependent on you...that is required to provide you quality service as their livelihood? You are the Main Boss in this scenario and you need to make sure your subordinate is giving you their best work...not apologizing to them for being difficult my god.

^^What's funny is I'm not even remotely exaggerating here in spite of the fact I imagine you will think that I am. What I need you to get is you are worth the air you breathe and the space you inhabit. Do not put yourself inferior to anyone...because you're not.
No, this is at the pharmacy. He is the pharmacist, I am a pharmacy tech. He is my main boss, but I have two other bosses who cover for him sometimes. I am no longer in the nursing program, and I am getting a 4-year degree instead.

Starry

No, this is at the pharmacy. He is the pharmacist, I am a pharmacy tech. He is my main boss, but I have two other bosses who cover for him sometimes. I am no longer in the nursing program, and I am getting a 4-year degree instead.

Oh no. Did you drop out of the nursing program? Are you now studying to be an A-tech? Everything I said to you still stands...I just now need to repackage it.

I'm going to get a cup of coffee...

Starry

You said certification...I just went back and read. You aren't getting paid are you? You paid and are "learning" in this person's pharmaceutical correct?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is when [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] Repped me and said she had the answer! She said I needed ADHD meds. So, I went to the doctor, and I asked to continue my medication. She also prescribed anxiety meds, as she diagnosed anxiety disorder. So, today, I took the prescription to my main boss and he said that explained a lot.

Not an answer, nor do I know that you need them. I am not a professional. Just a friend with an idea. ADHD and anxiety can both look like each other and overlap, of course. :)

I am glad it is looking good so far. Give it time and take it easy while you adjust to the new meds. Sometimes hitting a good balance can take a while. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You said certification...I just went back and read. You aren't getting paid are you? You paid and are "learning" in this person's pharmaceutical correct?

I am getting paid 9.50 per hour. If I work 600 hours, that raises to 20.00 per hour. If I am terminated at any point during the process for any reason, I will, by law, not be allowed to ever try again. The unpaid period ended when I graduated high school (remember the pharmacy class)?

Starry

I am getting paid 9.50 per hour. If I work 600 hours, that raises to 20.00 per hour. If I am terminated at any point during the process for any reason, I will, by law, not be allowed to ever try again. The unpaid period ended when I graduated high school (remember the pharmacy class)?

Oh I'm happy for you! Hold on for one second though...

Starry

Not an answer, nor do I know that you need them. I am not a professional. Just a friend with an idea. ADHD and anxiety can both look like each other and overlap, of course. :)

I am glad it is looking good so far. Give it time and take it easy while you adjust to the new meds. Sometimes hitting a good balance can take a while. :)

This should be taken to PM. Or if the primary concern is that you felt misrepresented and are basically putting out a PR statement...post in a different Magic Qwan thread where you have been active. Thanks.

Starry

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

What I need you to get is you are worth the air you breathe and the space you inhabit. Do not put yourself inferior to anyone...because you're not.

At the end of the day I really don't care where you're working, where you're an intern... what program you're in, how much money you do or do not make... how many pills you cram down your throat every morning and night with the small glass of tap water you keep on your nightstand that kinda tastes funny like dust and pennies... (as an individual that actually has an Rx of inattentive ADD & anxiety it has been my personal experience that meds don't do shit.)

What I quoted above...that's the shit that's going to actually do shit.

How surprised do you think I am that you struggle to get simple tasks completed when I consider how much of your mental and emotional energy is going towards worry? Towards feelings of inferiority? Beating yourself up for making mistakes only to drain yourself of what is needed to not turn right around and make another mistake?

Starry

How surprised do you think I am that you struggle to get simple tasks completed when I consider how much of your mental and emotional energy is going towards worry? Towards feelings of inferiority? Beating yourself up for making mistakes only to drain yourself of what is needed to not turn right around and make another mistake?

hp_head_survey_says.jpg

Not surprised in the least.

Starry

But it gets worse...

Can you not see that you have already lost long before you enter the classroom or workplace and start fucking things up worrying about fucking things up?

If you see yourself as a failure... if you feel yourself as a failure... you have already failed.

Starry

Okay, I need to go now but I will leave this word...

I don't give a shit what enneagram type you are...7, 9, 21, 470, 8,963

Let go. Or in the language of this thread... detach. Get yourself out from underneath the microscope. Give yourself some breathing room. Standback so you can truly see what is real. Look outward towards the horizon. Claim your spot in the sun so you can do what you were put here to do.

And I love you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But it gets worse...

Can you not see that you have already lost long before you enter the classroom or workplace and start fucking things up worrying about fucking things up?

If you see yourself as a failure... if you feel yourself as a failure... you have already failed.

That is deep…

I don't want to be complacent, either.

I suppose I can be cautiously optimistic…

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally just now caught this.

It feels really good to see you pink.

:)

@MagicQwan if it makes you feel better, i nodded at almost all you said about your reactions to work (difficulty paying attention and being consistent, etc). i haven't really found a solution, i try to go heavy on Te, but i can't do it for a long time, otherwise it makes me feel bleak and depressed. some days are better, others worse. on the bad days, i usually have a beer to unwind when i get home (like you and your ice cream), and then there is always the weekend, which allows you to relax, follow other interests and free yourself from other people's expectations of you, which allows you to get your energy back to prepare for the week ahead. alas that is life, as a young enfp, you just have to find your own inner balance, that allows you to float over ever-day-life-minor-bullshit-happenings, and still see the poetry in the universe. i guess...*shrugs* *smiles*