• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*heavy sigh*

Once again you seem completely oblivious of the fact you are/were putting-forth something extraordinarily relevant... something forgotten that must be seen again...

My memory has not served me well lately. Dave Grohl, a constant in my life, not yet having been mentioned in this thread is astounding to me...and evidence of my clear and present insanity. Massive, unspeakable quantities of ginkgo biloba - here I come.

(excuse me for one brief moment Dr.)

-------------------------------------------------
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] Dave Grohl is a near perfect example of an ENFP 7w6 so/sx perfectionist w/ *smooth presentation* (perfectionism, anxiousness are latent.) Have a look see...

-------------------------------------------------

^^I might need to quote this again in a fresh window because I'm now unbelievably interested in how the individual 7s here handle romantic circumstances...

I consider myself an individual that runs towards interesting people and away from relationships. I mean, I'm wired to run towards relationships and away from pain which creates a strange push-pull I imagine. But as an sx dom I take relationships so seriously...and while I am quite certain it doesn't show in my outward behavior beyond just being there...I still am entirely invested with my soul...my heart will be...entirely devoted. Knowing what kind of pain I'm potentially setting myself up for I'll most definitely do the "gone in sixty-seconds" if I feel the person will bring me heartache and harm with their actions and treatment of me (I have since gotten over the heartache of my last relationship...and yet I still get mad at myself for not having seen in him...or known via what should be a mandated public service announcement... the dangers of turning your heart over to fuckin-crazy Ni>Fe>Ti.) So, because of the extreme seriousness of it all...I've never personally used relationships as a form of escapism... But day dreaming of some amazingly awesome and hot dude has caused me to avoid many of Life's more unpleasant realities and for this I'm quite grateful haha (<-that's a joke MQ.)

7 sx will use actual *romance* as well as literature, day dreams, fantasy as escapism

7 sp will feed their hearty appetites with food, sex, luxuries as escapism

7 so it's these guys I worry most about when it comes to actual running in and out of relationships. They seem to have a more difficult time feeding the beast...quieting the 7 beast...and so they just keep on running. Dave Grohl's running has worked for him...but I could still see long before I even knew what enneagram was that he was running...and that his running looked "identical just better rewarded" than my ENFP 7w6 so/sx bestie.

All my life I've been searching for something
Something never comes never leads to nothing
Nothing satisfies but I'm getting close
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope

And I'm done, done and I'm on to the next one...

We run the most?

Cygnus

I'm not quite sure what came over me yesterday but every time I attempted to continue on with what I had started in this thread... a great deal of emotion would sweep over me and my eyes would fill tears. Happy, emo tears... but still tears that caused a couple people to look at me funny at Starbucks haha

I just shared with another e7 member earlier today that I had arrived here (to this forum) a mess. My life having crumbled to the ground for so many reasons that were truly beyond my control... but for reasons that were made substantially worse by way of 'e7 unawareness.' I was out of touch with my thoughts and feelings. I was unknowingly ignoring all problems and potential problems. Basically, I was perpetually riding the *wave of optimism*... waiting for my 'happily ever after' to arrive.

^^And it's not like I've lived the kind of simple, peaceful life I imagine one would need to live in order to have the luxury of such immaturity and immature thought. To the contrary I've had many hardships in my time...I've had many opportunities to adjust my thinking and exist in the collective reality. It's just that I'm stubborn... I have a bit of the *fight* in me... And there was just no way in hell I was giving-up on *the dream.* I was a good-hearted, loving person...and from what I understood... automatically entitled to Life becoming what I wanted it to be...and not the other way around - of course not. It would never have occurred to me that I become the best of what Life wanted me to be.

And I was starting to get a little anxious frankly...a little pissed-off here and there. Life sure seemed to be taking a super long time becoming perfect. And all the while I'm being subjected to all kinds bullshit and horrors... (<-referring here to what we all see every night in the evening news.)
So I would wonder, who missed how sensitive I am to pain and suffering and put me into this waiting room huh? Who dropped the ball on this? Who's responsible for this fuck-up? Who's to blame? I totally know myself and there's no way I'd sign up for this gig. So, something's wrong - there's been some mix-up. There must be some kind of written record of this. This sure the hell better not be some sort of bait & switch racket as I know my rights... Right?

Still, these were merely momentary doubts pushed-out as fast as they crept-in. For the most part I was quite happy...enjoying people and life...ignoring problems...all because I could...holding a one-way-ticket to Neverland and all. Then Life decided to show me who was really in charge. <-Now, not every e7 makes it this far. To the final destination point for The Entranced e7. For some it is their Life circumstance that never takes them that far and so they continue to walk the old path. Other e7s may simply be more mindful and allowing in general and are capable of adapting and incorporating healthy aspects of e5 into their lives over time. And then there is a breed of e7 that appears to like their lessons hard. That possess a very bad combination of devotion, idealism and pig-headedness.

These are the warriors. The e7s that are bold enough to...in spite of no promises having ever been made to them...proclaim that a Life that doesn't align perfectly with their righteous-vision of what should be clearly has no meaning. <-Balls-y these ones. And omfg...when they finally concede to Life? :violin: I'll just sum it up by saying 'expect tantrums.'

I feel sometimes I've walked thousands of miles in the name of e5 integration...for what in reality could be likened to a few steps to the otherside of a small room. And I don't know if this is just me or not. The ideal for me would be to save others the journey...but perhaps it is the case that everyone must walk thousands of miles in order to come full-circle... And then head out on the new path. If anything though...I might have something helpful to say and thought to start this thread. If this thread is to be longer than a couple of posts before it's forgotten by me in favor of threads on 'soaking your penis' or 'beefy 10s' I'll let you know right now that Starry will need help. And you can help by sharing your e7 enlightenment...whatever it is...quotations, poems, personal stories, what makes you strong, music, whether or not you like pizza (there's no off-topic in an e7 thread), e5 integration 'best practices', etc....with others here.

edit: And if you are currently or have ever in the past sold snowcones as your profession...I'd like you to really absorb the contents of this post.

Wow. This brings the e1s and e4s to shame.

Starry

Is spongebob an ENFP?

spongebob-vs-squidward.jpg

Umm... (for some reason I'm laughing right now.) How would you type Spongebob Magic Qwan?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Umm... (for some reason I'm laughing right now.) How would you type Spongebob Magic Qwan?
Sunny, 7w6, maybe?
Maybe an ENFP with strong Te?
Not sure.

Starry

Sunny, 7w6, maybe?
Maybe an ENFP with strong Te?
Not sure.

He's generally understood to be ENFP 7w6 sx/so

***I need to remember to respond to that other part of your post...there was something I wanted to say but...Prince ruined that too.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

***I need to remember to respond to that other part of your post...there was something I wanted to say but...Prince ruined that too.
About being accepted?

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would have pegged you as the classic ENFP 7w6 so/sx ...but let me think on it sweetie and get back to you. Either way it's nice to have you here.

Oh why thank you! aweee. Is it odd that i'm one of those people who love when people call me "sweetie" or like "Hun" words like that, it's just nice idk. Sorry I saw this about 3 months later.
I think I'm 7w8 with a sexual variant? why would you say 7w6? curious cat over here

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I need to complete my certification hours, and I got negative feedback from my main boss. Damn, I can be so scattered at times! I can know EXACTLY what to do and still:

-leave it half finished, move on to something else, and forget about it.
-make a mistake that makes me have to restart the whole process
-Irritate my coworkers (visibly so)
-Take way longer on the task than I should because I lose focus.

I also:

-Forget and misinterperet direct commands from my superiors
-Leave things at work I should have brought home and vice-versa

Really, I've found that systemizing and organizing have improved my performance somewhat, and slowing down in tasks (as in not frantically racing and bouncing from task to task) actually speeds me up overall.

Any more advice?
The deep "grip" episodes come in cycles. I am back to being somewhat chill right now.

Starry

Oh why thank you! aweee. Is it odd that i'm one of those people who love when people call me "sweetie" or like "Hun" words like that, it's just nice idk. Sorry I saw this about 3 months later.
I think I'm 7w8 with a sexual variant? why would you say 7w6? curious cat over here

You carry with you a degree of anxiousness, nervous energy, hyper-alertness, paranoia....that is unmistakably e6 in nature - as in 7w6 <-And that's not meant to be insulting in the least. Some of us may hide this nervous energy better than others but it's still there. It's just how we are.

This is not to say you don't have 8 in your line-up. 8 has a bit of a strange reputation here imo which may be due to a higher than average sx dom population idk... But when I consider the fundamentals of introverted feeling I find those base elements to be nearly indistinguishable from e8 at its core. "I am my own authority. I answer to no one." Still, from my interactions with you, I will never come to believe that that influence stems from possessing an 8 wing (obviously, though, you must ultimately choose what feels right to you.)

Sexual dominance in the 7w6 can be a bit tricky to ascertain. It just doesn't present itself in the same ways as it does at other points. IOW people are generally wanting to see certain characteristics such as assertiveness, aggression, passion, force, eccentricity, volatility (...more extremes in behavior)...and/or quite often behaviors that are more straightforwardly "sexual" in nature as in being strongly flirtatious, possessive, sexually competitive, peacocky <-haha. If the 6 wing is inactive...and most are...many of these behavioral "indicators" will be mildly-expressed-to-absent in the 7w6.

What I do is construct a framework in my mind of the individual's focus. Where is their energy being channeled? What is being said? What are the words? What is not being said between those words? And based on that science haha...I stand by social dominance for you.

7w6 so/sx

Oh whoops...see? I'm sx and my e6 paranoia makes me worry that I come off so much more forceful than I actually wish to. You are still my sweetie haha (and do not need to wear a 'scarlett 7w6 so' or anything :wink: )

And I would love to hear your rationale for 7w8 as I'm always learning.

And [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You carry with you a degree of anxiousness, nervous energy, hyper-alertness, paranoia....that is unmistakably e6 in nature - as in 7w6 <-And that's not meant to be insulting in the least. Some of us may hide this nervous energy better than others but it's still there. It's just how we are.

This is not to say you don't have 8 in your line-up. 8 has a bit of a strange reputation here imo which may be due to a higher than average sx dom population idk... But when I consider the fundamentals of introverted feeling I find those base elements to be nearly indistinguishable from e8 at its core. "I am my own authority. I answer to no one." Still, from my interactions with you, I will never come to believe that that influence stems from possessing an 8 wing (obviously, though, you must ultimately choose what feels right to you.)

Sexual dominance in the 7w6 can be a bit tricky to ascertain. It just doesn't present itself in the same ways as it does at other points. IOW people are generally wanting to see certain characteristics such as assertiveness, aggression, passion, force, eccentricity, volatility (...more extremes in behavior)...and/or quite often behaviors that are more straightforwardly "sexual" in nature as in being strongly flirtatious, possessive, sexually competitive, peacocky <-haha. If the 6 wing is inactive...and most are...many of these behavioral "indicators" will be mildly-expressed-to-absent in the 7w6.

What I do is construct a framework in my mind of the individual's focus. Where is their energy being channeled? What is being said? What are the words? What is not being said between those words? And based on the science haha...I stand by social dominance for you.

7w6 so/sx

Oh whoops...see? I'm sx and my e6 paranoia makes me worry that I come off so much more forceful than I actually wish to. You are still my sweetie haha (and do not need to wear a 'scarlett 7w6 so' or anything :wink: )

And I would love to hear your rationale for 7w8 as I'm always learning.

You are ignoring me…

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You called? :D

I forgot what you said for me Starry haha...it was ENFP 7w6 sx/so (728 tritype) right? I could still see both for me honestly. So what is it you wanted me here for?

Actually I forgot who but someone suggested 7w8 for me recently. It was interesting since most are pretty sure of my 7w6ness now. I mean I get an ESFP thrown at me every now and then which I'm used to and understand how I resemble one, but 7w8 caught me off guard haha.

Starry

You are ignoring me…

Now, how would I go about doing that? I don't think it would be possible. And in spite of the fact I often feel like I'm just talking to myself... there's only a very small % of me that wishes to ignore you on that basis (I'm going in order here. I'm processing your questions...hold tight...)

Starry

I need to complete my certification hours, and I got negative feedback from my main boss. Damn, I can be so scattered at times! I can know EXACTLY what to do and still:

Did you waste precious time becoming all ENFP 7-butthurt with regards to the negative feedback? Were you able to actively listen to the main boss' feedback? Or did his or her voice get drowned-out once the melancholic musical score started playing in your head? Did you speak plainly with your boss saying "...these are my biggest challenges...what would you suggest? what has helped others like me?" Or did you run out of the building - arms flailing but still sorta in time with the musical score? Did you drive home with a higher than average hit-and-run rate? Did you buy a pint of ice cream? Did you throw yourself down on your bed crying? Did you at any point feel you were acting in an episode of General Hospital for a few seconds? Did you at any point say "No one will ever understand me!!!1" and then wait patiently for a genie or a fairy godmother to appear?

What did you do? Tell me exactly...

Starry

You called? :D

I forgot what you said for me Starry haha...it was ENFP 7w6 sx/so (728 tritype) right? I could still see both for me honestly. So what is it you wanted me here for?

Actually I forgot who but someone suggested 7w8 for me recently. It was interesting since most are pretty sure of my 7w6ness now. I mean I get an ESFP thrown at me every now and then which I'm used to and understand how I resemble one, but 7w8 caught me off guard haha.

I'm ignoring you.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
you people are so emotional

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you waste precious time becoming all ENFP 7-butthurt with regards to the negative feedback? Were you able to actively listen to the main boss' feedback? Or did his or her voice get drowned-out once the melancholic musical score started playing in your head? Did you speak plainly with your boss saying "...these are my biggest challenges...what would you suggest? what has helped others like me?" Or did you run out of the building - arms flailing but still sorta in time with the musical score? Did you drive home with a higher than average hit-and-run rate? Did you buy a pint of ice cream? Did you throw yourself down on your bed crying? Did you at any point feel you were acting in an episode of General Hospital for a few seconds? Did you at any point say "No one will ever understand me!!!1" and then wait patiently for a genie or a fairy godmother to appear?

What did you do? Tell me exactly...

Ok, I told him I would do better next time and I was sorry for being such a difficult trainee. I left the pharmacy department, and bought a pint of ice cream from the grocery store the pharmacy is located in. I drove home worrying about what a complete dumb-ass I must have come across as since I was making mistakes on procedures I knew well enough that it shouldn't be an issue, yet I made the mistakes anyway. So I get home, eat the ice cream, and sit in my chair. As I ate the ice cream, I began to worry about all the bad things that would happen to me if I couldn't pull it together. Then I freaked out and thought "Hey, maybe I can see what TypeC has to say!" So, I came across [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION]'s thread, and thought "Yeah, I DO become zombie-like and unaware like a 9 under stress, it's so obvious!" Then you came along and threw that rock at me, and it knocked loose the calm I had. I just absolutely knew I was destined to fight some homeless guy old ham in a back alley. That is when [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] Repped me and said she had the answer! She said I needed ADHD meds. So, I went to the doctor, and I asked to continue my medication. She also prescribed anxiety meds, as she diagnosed anxiety disorder. So, today, I took the prescription to my main boss and he said that explained a lot.

I guess I get distracted by my thoughts and people around me.

Starry

Ok, I told him I would do better next time and I was sorry for being such a difficult trainee. I left the pharmacy department, and bought a pint of ice cream from the grocery store the pharmacy is located in. I drove home worrying about what a complete dumb-ass I must have come across as since I was making mistakes on procedures I knew well enough that it shouldn't be an issue, yet I made the mistakes anyway. So I get home, eat the ice cream, and sit in my chair. As I ate the ice cream, I began to worry about all the bad things that would happen to me if I couldn't pull it together. Then I freaked out and thought "Hey, maybe I can see what TypeC has to say!" So, I came across [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION]'s thread, and thought "Yeah, I DO become zombie-like and unaware like a 9 under stress, it's so obvious!" Then you came along and threw that rock at me, and it knocked loose the calm I had. I just absolutely knew I was destined to fight some homeless guy old ham in a back alley. That is when [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] Repped me and said she had the answer! She said I needed ADHD meds. So, I went to the doctor, and I asked to continue my medication. She also prescribed anxiety meds, as she diagnosed anxiety disorder. So, today, I took the prescription to my main boss and he said that explained a lot.

I guess I get distracted by my thoughts and people around me.

I'm not at home right now... I'm not exactly sure when I will be but I'm not planning to do anything tonight and will do what I can to provide you with a more meaningful response hopefully tonight but I had to tell you how happy I feel when I'm actually connecting with Magic Qwan. When you are present and being very real. This is why I throw rocks ((although, you know...I would probably say "giving you solid gold" as opposed "throwing rocks" but to each their own :wink: haha))

You need to do this more often MQ. Being real is your ticket out. And I'm proud of you.