• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah they don't like it when I resist their bossy behavior saying things like "you worry too much" or "I'll be fine" or "not me"

that's if I say anything - for years I didn't - silence does nothing but let them go on and on
me and my mom

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
me and my mom

yeah that's the worst, then they get mad at you "don't shut me up" ugh, well if you would just get to the point and get it over with, I wouldn't get so sick of listening to you talking about it

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah that's the worst, then they get mad at you "don't shut me up" ugh, well if you would just get to the point and get it over with, I wouldn't get so sick of listening to you talking about it

She's a sexual 1w2, so she focuses her perfectionism on those around her. She's a nag.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
How does one acheive Ataraxia and Aponia?

Ataraxia is freedom from worry and anxiety.
Aponia is freedom from pain.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I find masochism helps a lot with the second. :D

The 1st... I dunno. I feel I was just born that way.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...and starry, I’ll have you know I drink 100 proof peppermint schapps, not crack.

Starry

...and starry, I’ll have you know I drink 100 proof peppermint schapps, not crack.

Only 100 proof? Pfft.

I heard this song yesterday and was going to be sure and post it in the 80's music thread... But then thought the wisdom belonged here.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only 100 proof? Pfft.

I heard this song yesterday and was going to be sure and post it in the 80's music thread... But then thought the wisdom belonged here.

I love 80s music.

I also notice you keep saying you are going to leave the site but you never do.

I should probably be leaving the site, too.

I have lots of money and its isolating sometimes—everybody wants some of it. Nothing I buy really ends the constant low-level malaise I have. The best I can say is I know where my food is coming from, I can predict the future better, I can plan my days, and I don’t have an abusive man in my life punching me every day. Beyond buying the bad things out of my life, though, I wouldn’t say I’m happy—just less fearful and less anxious.

I have some chores to do in this big quiet house of mine, so I’ll be back in a few days, or a few weeks, or never. I don’t really know. All I know is I save my money as much as I can even though I have a lot now. I don’t like spending money. I just sit on it like a dragon hoarding a gold pile.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
—

This thread is dying, I guess

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
all the 7s must be living their adventures, don't have time for this place

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see that.

I’m pretty sure I’m an Sp/So 7w6 INFP, though I get ISTP on tests a lot lately, though...though Se does not make sense for me since I’m clumsy, oblivious to my physical surroundings, and don’t take unnecessary risks. I’m more likely to find a spa and just veg out or a buffet and pig out.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what’s next? I have my money......lots and lots of money...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I’m pretty sure I’m an Sp/So 7w6 INFP, though I get ISTP on tests a lot lately, though...though Se does not make sense for me since I’m clumsy, oblivious to my physical surroundings, and don’t take unnecessary risks. I’m more likely to find a spa and just veg out or a buffet and pig out.

S vs N is more about: Do you absorb things for what they are? Or do you analyze and interpret everything?

That's a crude oversimplification but good enough.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
S vs N is more about: Do you absorb things for what they are? Or do you analyze and interpret everything?

That's a crude oversimplification but good enough.

99.9% of what I do is sit and think and plan and analyze. Very seldom do I act on what I think about.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So what’s next? I have my money......lots and lots of money...

You keep saying this but I'm calling BS unless you won the lottery. Weren't you planning to eat yourself into oblivion a year ago?

Starry

Any of you 7s ever have people get frustrated with you for your positivity? Or perhaps interpret it as some form of denial or unauthenticity?

Since there’s a chance you may be considering 7w6 as your type I’ll step up and try to answer this (okay I’m totally kidding).

I know these things are all relative...but 7w6s don’t really possess, consciously attempt to maintain or present with what I would consider a *positive attitude*... those are the 7w8s whom I imagine to be all super heroes...except for Halla... who is obviously a God. 7w8s are more likely to be ETPs and it’s the tert Fe combined with the grit of 8 that creates the superpowers from what I understand.

Unfortunately, 6 doesn’t have the same influence on 7 as 8 does :dry: I mean, a 7w6 with the 278 tritype... these guys can present with what appears to be an overtly positive attitude and approach as I think the 2 brings in a faux Fe kind of thing...but they’re just as crazy as any other 7w6. Basically, 6 makes for a crazy 7...we are dealing with two very contradictory points...constantly being flipped back and forth between the two...”go”...”stop”... and it shows. 7w6 is also connected to 4w5 (and vice versa) in ways I still don’t fully understand but know exceeds merely being the NFP super-highway...but that’s definitely bringing in the crazy as well. 278s and 478s can get really punchy and right-fighty. 279s are often really compartmentalized...often suffering from high anxiety and so you have to learn to recognize when they are cut-off and not talk to them about finances or your relationship woes (important stuff) during those times. And 479s are often a lot like Avocado whoever that is.

We can be super fun though at our best...morbid, zany senses of humor due to all the contradiction. And inspite of the fact 6 ruins our lives by bringing in the dread...it also does some good stuff that I just drew a total blank on...

Anyway, I think 7w8s are the folks that can frustrate others with a “don’t ever be negative” kind of thing...and 7w6s are probably more denial.