• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've just discovered this thread. I'd dump here an old song. Gives me the 7's vibes... on its lowest.

those deep feelings of sorrow, of having lost something for the depths of never-to-return, a missed window of chance, a missed romance. It was all up to you. Failed to cease it and thus happiness eluded us. The One Last Chance. The Life is What You Make It. And when it escapes your grasp, your future soul mate, spiritual master, closes friend, you will never find anything as nearly as good. The carnival has left you forever. And you're left with a burning, vagabond soul.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And another song... although the lyrics don't really fit the topic. I just like the sad mood. But sweet type of sadness. :*)

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, something happy now xD

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aaaand... something sad again. I bet, post-grunge, glam rock is mostly seen fairly pretentious. Out of context, though, with this song for me come those sweet-sweet vibes of disappointment... a 7 in despair, a 7 growing wise.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], are you a shrink?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think so...although I'll be honest and say that I'm currently not remembering what 'shrink' means.
Are you a clinical psychologist or clinical social worker? I think you said you were doing that before. Since I got kicked from the education and I decided that just wasn't a good fit for me, I'm going to take out a huge loan and do a masters in clinical social work. If I can get in shape, and I'm not disqualified for mental illness, I'll be an air force clinical social worker (I want a job that keeps me in shape so I can stop worrying about dying young.)
I still have the hiccups that started a year ago next week, but hopefully they will go away soon.
If you are a clinical social worker or clinical psychologist? If so, I'm looking for insight into what that job is, exactly. I've had a few people who've spent some time around me reccomend it, and I don't have a strong plan for the future that doesn't involve dying in a horrible way, so I've decided to look into it. All I know so far, is clinical psychologists and clinical social workers make more in the military than out of it, and since I'm about to take on massive debt, I'll need money to get out of it.
Part of me wonders who would go to a social worker. If I have issues I either google it or think it through myself.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think so...although I'll be honest and say that I'm currently not remembering what 'shrink' means.

have you shrunken to at least 50% of your original size?

Starry

Are you a clinical psychologist or clinical social worker? I think you said you were doing that before. Since I got kicked from the education and I decided that just wasn't a good fit for me, I'm going to take out a huge loan and do a masters in clinical social work. If I can get in shape, and I'm not disqualified for mental illness, I'll be an air force clinical social worker (I want a job that keeps me in shape so I can stop worrying about dying young.)
I still have the hiccups that started a year ago next week, but hopefully they will go away soon.
If you are a clinical social worker or clinical psychologist? If so, I'm looking for insight into what that job is, exactly. I've had a few people who've spent some time around me reccomend it, and I don't have a strong plan for the future that doesn't involve dying in a horrible way, so I've decided to look into it. All I know so far, is clinical psychologists and clinical social workers make more in the military than out of it, and since I'm about to take on massive debt, I'll need money to get out of it.
Part of me wonders who would go to a social worker. If I have issues I either google it or think it through myself.

I'm having a difficult time keeping up with all the different careers you decide on from day to day and then talk about as if they are something you have been considering for some time.

I counsel/support youth and young adults in the juvenile justice system on a volunteer basis. So, no...I'm not a shrink.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm having a difficult time keeping up with all the different careers you decide on from day to day and then talk about as if they are something you have been considering for some time.

I counsel/support youth and young adults in the juvenile justice system on a volunteer basis. So, no...I'm not a shrink.
What happens is that I fail at the last job and find out it isn't for me, then I do the next thing. I want to have enough money to not worry about when I'm going eat and stuff. Disability does not pay well. Pharmacy tech market is saturated. I just need to find my niche, and the only way I know how is trial and error.

Starry

What happens is that I fail at the last job and find out it isn't for me, then I do the next thing.

^^Are you sure this is what happens in the collective reality? Or might it be that what you describe above is only occurring in *angry at the universe for not being what I want it to be* crazy NFP reality?

I go back and forth with regards to my opinion as it pertains to your true degree of awareness and comprehension when it comes to these things and subsequently can't decide on who all you are trying to fool... Me? You? Everyone in between? I've said it to you before and yet I'll repeat myself...You can't fool me because I know this game. I know this game. I've been playing it longer. And frankly, I'm a significantly better player than you...and not just because I've been playing longer...I truly believe I am an inherently stronger, more sophisticated player when it comes to this game.

Reverse narcissism is tricky...you really need to know what you are doing if you are going to go this route. The purpose here is clear...you feel cheated...I get that. You are a good, righteous person and feel things should come relatively easily to you because of it...just like you expected they would. But you feel you were dealt an especially dreadful hand instead. And yet you refuse to give up on being *special*...and thus assume what you see as a temporary assignment...the role every great mythological character ever created must temporarily play...you become the special forsaken one... and are real "squeaky wheel" about it too...because deep down underneath all that reverse narcissism...you likewise refuse to give up on being handed the oil.

Whether it is accidental on your part or a result of poor game playing...you are too extreme and contrived in your reverse narcissism trick-the-universe-into-handing-over-the-oil myth which is why I suspect many people don't trust it and subsequently you...thinking you are an online troll...or *seem like a stalker* if any of that actually occurred in the collective reality. You are doing it wrong is what I'm attempting to get at here but I'll take on the temporary assignment of pretending I know nothing of this game...

How many last jobs have you had that you failed at and went onto try the next thing? You worked at a snowcone stand and are currently an A-tech? Am I missing any?

I just need to find my niche, and the only way I know how is trial and error.

I couldn't agree more with the above. What is needed here is actual trying and actual error.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^Are you sure this is what happens in the collective reality? Or might it be that what you describe above is only occurring in *angry at the universe for not being what I want it to be* crazy NFP reality?

I go back and forth with regards to my opinion as it pertains to your true degree of awareness and comprehension when it comes to these things and subsequently can't decide on who all you are trying to fool... Me? You? Everyone in between? I've said it to you before and yet I'll repeat myself...You can't fool me because I know this game. I know this game. I've been playing it longer. And frankly, I'm a significantly better player than you...and not just because I've been playing longer...I truly believe I am an inherently stronger, more sophisticated player when it comes to this game.

Reverse narcissism is tricky...you really need to know what you are doing if you are going to go this route. The purpose here is clear...you feel cheated...I get that. You are a good, righteous person and feel things should come relatively easily to you because of it...just like you expected they would. But you feel you were dealt an especially dreadful hand instead. And yet you refuse to give up on being *special*...and thus assume what you see as a temporary assignment...the role every great mythological character ever created must temporarily play...you become the special forsaken one... and are real "squeaky wheel" about it too...because deep down underneath all that reverse narcissism...you likewise refuse to give up on being handed the oil.

Whether it is accidental on your part or a result of poor game playing...you are too extreme and contrived in your reverse narcissism trick-the-universe-into-handing-over-the-oil myth which is why I suspect many people don't trust it and subsequently you...thinking you are an online troll...or *seem like a stalker* if any of that actually occurred in the collective reality. You are doing it wrong is what I'm attempting to get at here but I'll take on the temporary assignment of pretending I know nothing of this game...

How many last jobs have you had that you failed at and went onto try the next thing? You worked at a snowcone stand and are currently an A-tech? Am I missing any?

I couldn't agree more with the above. What is needed here is actual trying and actual error.

First, I did nursing. I failed that because I could never get bedmaking down. Then I got my first pharmacy tech job. I was fired from that for repeated mistakes. Then I started a sociology degree. I changed tht because I thought it was worthless. Then I got another tech job. I've barely kept that since they keep moving me from store to store and keeping my hours really low since I'm "inefficient and make a lot of mistakes" but I was never completely fired. I moved on to a education degree. I did well in the class part but when my grandmother died, I got hiccups and started having trouble sleeping. I was also taking a lot of classes to catch up to where I needed to be in the program and it caught up with me. I fell asleep in a class and got kicked out of the education program. Since education was my 3rd major, and I only had so much scholarship left, the only thing left was general studies with a focus in humanities. The only reason I get any hours is people at different stores call me and say they want to take an early vacation or something and I cover their shifts. I fail at a lot. Also, I still have hiccups!

Starry

First, I did nursing. I failed that because I could never get bedmaking down. Then I got my first pharmacy tech job. I was fired from that for repeated mistakes. Then I started a sociology degree. I changed tht because I thought it was worthless. Then I got another tech job. I've barely kept that since they keep moving me from store to store and keeping my hours really low since I'm "inefficient and make a lot of mistakes" but I was never completely fired. I moved on to a education degree. I did well in the class part but when my grandmother died, I got hiccups and started having trouble sleeping. I was also taking a lot of classes to catch up to where I needed to be in the program and it caught up with me. I fell asleep in a class and got kicked out of the education program. Since education was my 3rd major, and I only had so much scholarship left, the only thing left was general studies with a focus in humanities. The only reason I get any hours is people at different stores call me and say they want to take an early vacation or something and I cover their shifts. I fail at a lot. Also, I still have hiccups!

Shit. I went about this the wrong way having forgotten about your schooling and the fact you would include it in your "I am the most special failure" campaign. I greatly dislike failing to make my point but with you I imagine I am used to it. We are here now...currently standing in a thread dedicated in large part to me attempting to make this same point to you in so many different ways. It would be foolish of me not to conclude that if you truly wanted to understand what I am telling you - you would have by now.

If you had wanted to succeed at bedmaking...you would have found a way. There is literally no doubt in my mind that if you wanted to succeed at poison counting...you are bright enough to find a strategy that would work for you...and so forth.

You do not understand what I am telling you because you do not want to understand what I am telling you.

You fail because you want to fail.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Shit. I went about this the wrong way having forgotten about your schooling and the fact you would include it in your "I am the most special failure" campaign. I greatly dislike failing to make my point but with you I imagine I am used to it. We are here now...currently standing in a thread dedicated in large part to me attempting to make this same point to you in so many different ways. It would be foolish of me not to conclude that if you truly wanted to understand what I am telling you - you would have by now.

If you had wanted to succeed at bedmaking...you would have found a way. There is literally no doubt in my mind that if you wanted to succeed at poison counting...you are bright enough to find a strategy that would work for you...and so forth.

You do not understand what I am telling you because you do not want to understand what I am telling you.

You fail because you want to fail.

The academic pen & paper part of everything is easy. Everything else is hard.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Where does your money come from then? Are you on disability or welfare? Or are you a homeless lady who goes to the public library?

Starry

Where does your money come from then? Are you on disability or welfare? Or are you a homeless lady who goes to the public library?

I also repackage and redirect rescued food for/to food banks and soup kitchens from time to time...and currently teach short units...most often on Ancient Egypt and the scientific method in elementary schools on a volunteer basis. But no, I have a regular job. It doesn't pay super high though so "homeless lady who goes to the public library" is always held-out as a future possibility in my mind. I always envision having a shopping cart filled with interesting trash that I use as a collection bin for my treasures/walker. (do remember if you irritate me...kinda like how you have been doing...I have a tendency to attack with my salvaged broken umbrella).

I've been where you are though Magic Qwan (I've struggled)...most people have. You are not as special/unique as you would like to think.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also repackage and redirect rescued food for/to food banks and soup kitchens from time to time...and currently teach short units...most often on Ancient Egypt and the scientific method in elementary schools on a volunteer basis. But no, I have a regular job. It doesn't pay super high though so "homeless lady who goes to the public library" is always held-out as a future possibility in my mind. I always envision having a shopping cart filled with interesting trash that I use as a collection bin for my treasures/walker. (do remember if you irritate me...kinda like how you have been doing...I have a tendency to attack with my salvaged broken umbrella).

I've been where you are though Magic Qwan (I've struggled)...most people have. You are not as special/unique as you would like to think.
Well, if this Master's in Social work goes bust, that will be bad. Sorry if I snapped at you. I get most frustrated that I can't try my ideas right away. Time moves either too slow or too fast depending on when you ask me. I am pretty sure social work is my best option. I still try to help people and enjoy it. The pay is low but still better than I get now. The job within social work I most like is also the one I'm least likely to get. I have had a number of mental health issues growing up, and still suffer from pretty nasty ADHD. That job is air force social work because it lets me travel, pays better than private sector, and still is a mental health field. I'd accept something less than that, but my medical history disqualifies me from what I REALLY want, if the truth gets out I was that much worse when I was younger, plus ADHD still needs a medical waiver and is considered a red mark on the application. I've always been emotionally volitile, but I've always been better at hiding it. Now, I'm stuck picking at people over minor details when I'm not dispairing over the seemingly pointless things I'm required to do. The best I can do is distract myself with innanities so I don't think TOO MUCH about things.

On some level, I want a rigid, heirarchical structure imposed on me so I always know where I stand. I'm pretty bad at creating that kind of order on my own. I like having something to rebel against. I don't have a clear, single enemy right now.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

While doing cardio at the school gym, I watched Adam Sandler's movie, Click. Basically, he skips all the painful part of life using magic to get what he thinks he wants, and finds he still isn't happy.

Starry

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/10082.html" target="_blank">Starry</a>

While doing cardio at the school gym, I watched Adam Sandler's movie, Click. Basically, he skips all the painful part of life using magic to get what he thinks he wants, and finds he still isn't happy.

You aren't as special as you would like to think you are...
but
you are the Rain King.

When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of flying down into a sea of pens and feathers
And all other instruments of faith and sex and God
In the belly of a black-winged bird
Don't try to feed me
'Cause I've been here before and I deserve a little more

I belong in the service of the Queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She's been crying, I've been thinking