• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If what I was after was travel, food, entertainment...then yes. Perhaps today I would try to rationalize all of it in my mind...convincing myself of the truth of it...this is what people do...this is the formula...this is the game...play it.

But I've already had all of those things. And what I want will never be gained with that formula. That would be impossible.

What do you want?

Starry

Reminds me of what we talked about with our jobs. If I can know im making a positive impact on people (especially young people cuz future and also less approval-dependant) I think i can tap dance my way through what I need to and just do my best to keep my personal bubble as weird and disconnected from the real world as possible. Witnessing the fruits of my talents is better than what anyone can show me.

Yes. All of this is good.

Our gifts may be invisible here but I've never once doubted that they are seen.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

Starry

What do you want?

3034764-poster-p-2-tk-of-the-worlds-most-jaw-dropping-rural-cabins-and-hideouts.jpg

Starry

Look, I ask myself why the fuck I'm even alive all the time. I suck at gaining power and I suck at helping people. There is nothing useful I'm good at and people hate me. At least I have my $400 a month in partial disability...if that lasts.

Nothing engages my passions. Fake people, fake work, fake goals.

Bringing this over here. I'm not sure if one can go "off topic" in a thread that was gutted by the OP but I've been confused about what can and cannot be done here for several years now and so yah. I know of one place here where being myself is decidedly "on topic"... I can show-up and be acceptably me in thread I started for a snowcone salesperson.

When I read this post and thought of what I might say in return... it made me very happy and feel like some of the work has already been done for me to see that you...finally... have ENFP listed again as your type (now if we could just do away with the 6w7). For years I sorta watched helplessly in many ways as people worked hard to convince you you were not ENFP until I basically lost it and went on my "for the love of god and everything holy make being ESFJ fuckin cool please" campaign...because they are absolutely ruining our understanding of what it means to be an ENFP...which is a painful, alien journey my friend. <-A journey made even more alien when the very people that cause you to feel like an alien in the first place have actually become *you* and you are left to wonder even more just what kind of fucked-up you are that you too can't color-code-organize your closet or become a doctor or experience wide-scale social success or say what you want to say when you want to say it...

Contrary to what all the people that tried to convince you you were not ENFP and 7 may think... there isn't an ENFP 7 on here that hasn't told me privately because of this thread that they relate to everything....everything you say. As do I.

You are not alone.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bringing this over here. I'm not sure if one can go "off topic" in a thread that was gutted by the OP but I've been confused about what can and cannot be done here for several years now and so yah. I know of one place here where being myself is decidedly "on topic"... I can show-up and be acceptably me in thread I started for a snowcone salesperson.

When I read this post and thought of what I might say in return... it made me very happy and feel like some of the work has already been done for me to see that you...finally... have ENFP listed again as your type (now if we could just do away with the 6w7). For years I sorta watched helplessly in many ways as people worked hard to convince you you were not ENFP until I basically lost it and went on my "for the love of god and everything holy make being ESFJ fuckin cool please" campaign...because they are absolutely ruining our understanding of what it means to be an ENFP...which is a painful, alien journey my friend. <-A journey made even more alien when the very people that cause you to feel like an alien in the first place have actually become *you* and you are left to wonder even more just what kind of fucked-up you are that you too can't color-code-organize your closet or become a doctor or experience wide-scale social success or say what you want to say when you want to say it...

Contrary to what all the people that tried to convince you you were not ENFP and 7 may think... there isn't an ENFP 7 on here that hasn't told me privately because of this thread that they relate to everything....everything you say. As do I.

You are not alone.

By the way, I am getting sick of pharmacy tech, so I'm thinking beekeeper or flight attendant or notary or travel agent...or a beekeeping flying notary who sells honey and travel advice...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You are not alone.

I'll meet you there. I like the idea of education in general, but I don't like the structure of schools...also I got kicked out of that program and I'm stuck with having to get a general studies degree. I'd drop out and do something useful if I didn't have scholarship left. I might as well get A degree, even if I dislike it and know it has nothing to do with my goals in life.

Starry

By the way, I am getting sick of pharmacy tech, so I'm thinking beekeeper or flight attendant or notary or travel agent...or a beekeeping flying notary who sells honey and travel advice...

I actually really like the beekeeper idea. One of my best friends is a beekeeper although he doesn't do it to the extent I saw you describe. I can't imagine he has more than 3 hives or so and simply gives his honey away at Christmastime for gifts. If I understand enough about it though...there should be a beekeeper's association in your area that would have monthly meetings so you should look into that.

A notary...this occupation I really know nothing of...and would personally advise against travel agent as it kinda sounds to me like a desk job that is at the mercy of the economy and in competition with all that can be done virtually. I've never met a flight attendant that regretted their career choice though...

I'll meet you there. I like the idea of education in general, but I don't like the structure of schools...also I got kicked out of that program and I'm stuck with having to get a general studies degree. I'd drop out and do something useful if I didn't have scholarship left. I might as well get A degree, even if I dislike it and know it has nothing to do with my goals in life.

There's nothing wrong with a general studies degree and yes, get it if it is all paid for.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually really like the beekeeper idea. One of my best friends is a beekeeper although he doesn't do it to the extent I saw you describe. I can't imagine he has more than 3 hives or so and simply gives his honey away at Christmastime for gifts. If I understand enough about it though...there should be a beekeeper's association in your area that would have monthly meetings so you should look into that.

A notary...this occupation I really know nothing of...and would personally advise against travel agent as it kinda sounds to me like a desk job that is at the mercy of the economy and in competition with all that can be done virtually. I've never met a flight attendant that regretted their career choice though...

There's nothing wrong with a general studies degree and yes, get it if it is all paid for.

Yeah. With pharmacy tech, I have to be a floater tech since my poor organizational skills mean I'm generally unwanted. I'm lucky if I can gather up 10 hours a week. Luckily, I was able to get partial disability, but partial disability is only 400 a month and they don't let you make over 1170 a month. I generally make less than that, but if I ever make over 1170, I'll lose the benefits all at once, and 400 a month is the same as 5 hours a week at my current rate. I already lost the benefits once when one pharmacy gave me 30 hours a week for 7 months, which used up the 7 month grace period they give disabled people the first time they are on disability. I lost that almost the same time I lost my benefits the first time. The guy who finally got me my assistance back said there would be no grace period this time, and I couldn't get it a third time. I want to be sure I have enough to survive and can be free of abusive people. The small assistance I get helps but still doesn't give me quite enough to live on. I'd like to have a job that takes my disabilities into account and pays at least 2000 a month.

Starry

Yeah. With pharmacy tech, I have to be a floater tech since my poor organizational skills mean I'm generally unwanted. I'm lucky if I can gather up 10 hours a week. Luckily, I was able to get partial disability, but partial disability is only 400 a month and they don't let you make over 1170 a month. I generally make less than that, but if I ever make over 1170, I'll lose the benefits all at once, and 400 a month is the same as 5 hours a week at my current rate. I already lost the benefits once when one pharmacy gave me 30 hours a week for 7 months, which used up the 7 month grace period they give disabled people the first time they are on disability. I lost that almost the same time I lost my benefits the first time. The guy who finally got me my assistance back said there would be no grace period this time, and I couldn't get it a third time. I want to be sure I have enough to survive and can be free of abusive people. The small assistance I get helps but still doesn't give me quite enough to live on. I'd like to have a job that takes my disabilities into account and pays at least 2000 a month.

I know it's hard MQ since we've had this shit thrown at us since our beginnings... but if at all possible... do not measure your worth by how well you count poison for one of the most corrupt industries in the world.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know it's hard MQ since we've had this shit thrown at us since our beginnings... but if at all possible... do not measure your worth by how well you count poison for one of the most corrupt industries in the world.

I want the money to actually do something good and helpful. On the other hand, I'm so sick of "people" that every time I see a "people," I want to take a big bite out of their jugular and watch them bleed out. I never do of course, but "people" make me sick. A person--an individual--I can handle those. I never see a person, though. Only people.

Hopefully, I can get a government job with this degree, but I only work for the money. What I really want to do with my life COSTS rather than makes money...so I need to make as much money as possible.

With climate chamge barreling down on us, we should all be dead soon anyway. I don't even see that as a moral issue--as animals don't mean much to me--I see it as a "Hey, there is an 18 wheeler about to ram into all of us and kill us--we better run!"

My favorite thing to do is shout uncomfortable questions at all passerby and make them question the reality they've built for themselves. I usually get weird looks and get punched sometimes, but I get through to people sometimes.

If I can't make people question the status quo and tradition, I have no reason to be here.

Starry

I want the money to actually do something good and helpful. On the other hand, I'm so sick of "people" that every time I see a "people," I want to take a big bite out of their jugular and watch them bleed out. I never do of course, but "people" make me sick. A person--an individual--I can handle those. I never see a person, though. Only people.

Hopefully, I can get a government job with this degree, but I only work for the money. What I really want to do with my life COSTS rather than makes money...so I need to make as much money as possible.

With climate chamge barreling down on us, we should all be dead soon anyway. I don't even see that as a moral issue--as animals don't mean much to me--I see it as a "Hey, there is an 18 wheeler about to ram into all of us and kill us--we better run!"

My favorite thing to do is shout uncomfortable questions at all passerby and make them question the reality they've built for themselves. I usually get weird looks and get punched sometimes, but I get through to people sometimes.

If I can't make people question the status quo and tradition, I have no reason to be here.

I suspect that getting people to question the status quo is quite likely what you were born to do.

I also suspect that you would be far more successful in accomplishing what you were quite likely born to do if you did not sound like a scary lunatic when doing so. You want people to question the status quo...not your sanity is what I'm gathering. And so I'm wondering if it would best serve your cause if you eased-up on all this terrible talk...what do you think?

I mean, I understand precisely what you are doing and in many ways I am very proud of you because you discovered a highly effective strategy at combatting The Forgetting (and The Knowing)...

The Forgetting refers to the moment positive outlook kicks back in causing you to forget the painful feelings which were alerting you to an emotional wound that needs healing...or even a more practical life problem that we abandon...refusing to address/solve...once positive outlook presents us with a new unrealistic dream to chase down. It is our path of least resistance. We will abandon the hard work of cleaning-up ourselves, our lives...and/or our messes as soon as "The Knowing" reminds us that all will be fine if we just keep moving forward. We don't need to work through the pain because we *absolutely know* something wonderful from the external/spiritual world will step-in and save us. If we just hold-on and keep our chin up and believe and keep moving forward...a happy thing will happen very soon. We just know it will.

When you expect the worst... say the worst things... you won't forget will you? No way will Positive Outlook manage to sneak back so you can die another day... not with this kind of constant terrible reminding...I know this well. But this is the poor man's e5 integration and I'm wondering if there is a better balance?

Go find this out for me please and then report back.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suspect that getting people to question the status quo is quite likely what you were born to do.

I also suspect that you would be far more successful in accomplishing what you were quite likely born to do if you did not sound like a scary lunatic when doing so. You want people to question the status quo...not your sanity is what I'm gathering. And so I'm wondering if it would best serve your cause if you eased-up on all this terrible talk...what do you think?

I mean, I understand precisely what you are doing and in many ways I am very proud of you because you discovered a highly effective strategy at combatting The Forgetting (and The Knowing)...

When you expect the worst... say the worst things... you won't forget will you? No way will Positive Outlook manage to sneak back so you can die another day... not with this kind of constant terrible reminding...I know this well. But this is the poor man's e5 integration and I'm wondering if there is a better balance?

A strange dog came out of nowhere today and licked my leg. It was obviously suffering from an illusion, so I picked it up and bit it on the nose and held my grip till it ceased crying. I taught it to accept suffering, and that good expectations do not always lead to good results. Its a paradigm shift most people need to embrace in their lives that attachment to our desires leads to the greatest suffering of all, and we must accept suffering beyond our control. We must challenge the status quo, though, as it masks changeable problems as unchangeable ones.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]

Mariah Carey leaving a weed dispensary in a mermaid gown

tumblr_ojbkc9bllV1r65oxko1_1280.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

a fellow venusian aries queen living the dream. god bless her.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Oooooooh, shiny"
~Enneagram 7 proverb

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
*reads through the last few pages*

...Yeah I think I'm definitely a 7, though not ENFP. Too uncanny.

...*swims away*

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is what the beginning of world peace looks like.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Everything is great till you get a good look at it. People are alike all over, and there is an undercurrent of "sameness" in every new experience. My focus right now is gaining personal freedom and enjoying everything there is to enjoy before this world ends.