• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Why are Sunglasses so popular among Fours?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently, I do tend to have the "superior scowl" when I walk, which is actually just what my deepset eyebrows do when I'm lost in thought, which I usually am when I walk.

I do tend to walk quickly, even to the point of pushing other people out of the way. I assumed this was 3 -related. I MUST GET TO THE ENDPOINT.

As to sunglasses, I hate 'em. If I buy a pair, I lose it within 24 hours. I don't see the purpose behind them, either--my irises can adjust to bright lights, and it's ok for them to do that. So I can't attest to that part of it.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i don't really make this observation alongside you.

i'd rather wildly and absurdly speculate on the e4 --> I.B.S. / digestive issues --> magnesium deficiency story i just made up. so, light sensitivity.

additional point of note: most of your seratonin is made and exchanged in your gut. perhaps we may discover that e4s often have pronounced sleep quality issues too (apart from the more anxiety driven, disconnecting from your body experience of head type energies).

Wow, that's crazy. I have narcolepsy and (I think somewhat in part due to my meds for it) gut issues too!

How fascinating, thank you for sharing.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a couple of people who are totally anti sunglasses. A friend (most likely ENFP) who gets very upset if you wear them while talking to her and will ask you to remove them or refuse to speak with you as she feels she can not make the connection necessary for conversation. And also this guy who's name i forget who i used to bump into and have random conversations with in portobello road. He was most likely INFJ very Ni heavy and laid back. He had issues with not being able to see peoples eyes and felt it was a barrier to the world where people communicate. He also had issues with the lack of protection/overprotection and therefor the lack of reason/overall harm they were causing.

I can see their points, i rarely wear them, the odd occaision i have it's usually more because i really liked the sunglasses than wanted the eye protection, though i have worn them in summer/beach etc too.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
they (4w3's) are ashamed of their eye colour. it doesnt fit the role they try to play.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't wear sunglasses *all* the time, but I do like the look of them and almost always wear them while driving except at night. But I can definitely relate to walking fast all the time (I think in part that's because I always had to keep up with my extremely fast-paced mother when I was younger), and my default face can definitely be interpreted as sad, disdainful, or irritated. :/

Asterism

MBTI Type
IxxJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never consistently wear sunglasses, and don't particularly like to in the summer because I tan easily and prefer to keep my skintone even. People who wear incredibly dark glasses all the time seem as if they're trying way, way too hard for the mysterious angle. It's rather gauche, in my opinion.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I have nothing to hide. I wear sunglasses because I can't see when the sun is so bright. I have light-sensitivity.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's like saying "Why do 8s like torture dungeons and whiplashes?"

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:thinking: My glasses tint when there is sun, coz I'm too lazy to bother remembering to carry sunglasses. Sheer convenience, baby :cool:

S

Stansmith

Has anyone ever seen a buff enneagram 4? E4 males are a slender bunch. Either that, or slightly out-of-shape.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has anyone ever seen a buff enneagram 4? E4 males are a slender bunch. Either that, or slightly out-of-shape.

Yukio-Mishima1.jpg

Yukio Mishima, who for the first 30 or so years of his life was a pale, sickly, thin intellectual ashamed of his body and weakness, who then shaped his body through obsessive exercise to fit the samurai ideal he always dreamt of achieving (descending from a long line of samurais he felt great shame over his poor physique and bookishness, once buffed up he wrote a bunch of stuff about the importance of body over mind and such). But all of that was just preparation for his final goal: dying an honorful warrior's death. He committed a state coup for no other reason than serving as a prelude for his suicide by seppuku. Extremely interesting guy and an excellent writer. The most perfect real life example of a 4 I can think of.

Mole

Permabanned
The eyes are the windows of the soul, and sunglasses draw the curtains.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
i like them because it feels like i'm safe behind them, people are a lot less scary when i wear them. they also make it so i can actually see when i'm outside, i'm very sensitive to light, and i always look angry when i'm outside, sometimes it gives me headaches, i don't want that.

on the other hand they can sometimes make me feel self-conscious, because people might think "oh that guy thinks he's so cool with those stupid sunglasses".

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yukio-Mishima1.jpg

Yukio Mishima, who for the first 30 or so years of his life was a pale, sickly, thin intellectual ashamed of his body and weakness, who then shaped his body through obsessive exercise to fit the samurai ideal he always dreamt of achieving (descending from a long line of samurais he felt great shame over his poor physique and bookishness, once buffed up he wrote a bunch of stuff about the importance of body over mind and such). But all of that was just preparation for his final goal: dying an honorful warrior's death. He committed a state coup for no other reason than serving as a prelude for his suicide by seppuku. Extremely interesting guy and an excellent writer. The most perfect real life example of a 4 I can think of.
Sick body.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They itch my nose but I like what me and my friend call being "anonymous"

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like them as fashion, but 9/10 times, I forget to bring them as I go out the door.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't wear sunglasses. Maybe I should because I don't like it when people look at me.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wear sunglasses because I'd like to see where I'm going when the sun is stabbing my eyeballs with its stinging rays of anger.

On the other hand, I had a very close guy friend ( :wubbie: ) tell me very recently that my eyes are very expressive and tries, quite often, to look at my eyes when I talk. I never knew it to be an issue for me, but now I'm self consious about giving everything away with my eyes! So... now it looks like I need to purchase darker sunglasses.